bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 9th May 2011, 12:22   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
PSN may stay offline until May 31

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...until-may-31/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 12:25   #2
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
This isn't going to kill anyone, but its pretty annoying for users of the PSN network.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 12:29   #3
modfx
Loft Gremlin

modfx - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!modfx - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!modfx - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!modfx - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!modfx - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!modfx - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!modfx - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!modfx - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!modfx - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!modfx - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!modfx - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Ouch. I don't own a ps3, (pc through and through) but everyone I know that does is riled enough as is. May the rage commence.
Modified Silverstone Temjin TJ-07B - Core i7 920 - Asus Rampage II Extreme - 3x2Gb Corsair Dominator 1600MHz - GTX570 - 9600GT - 128GB Crucial M4 - 1tb Samsung Spinpoint F3 - Corsair HX1000W -Win 7 HP 64 bit - Samsung 206BW
modfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 12:37   #4
Eggy
Multimodder

Eggy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
PlayStation Network may not return to full functionality until the end of the month following repeated attacks on Sony's online services.
Turns into
Quote:
Creative writing?
Eggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 12:44   #5
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
While I have some sympathy for the users, is it wrong that I can't help smiling at Sony's misfortune?

Best Regards

Smugness Smugnassen

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 12:46   #6
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
Lets hope this isn't like the GT5 release date

Ah well gets me out the house enjoying the lovely weather
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 12:46   #7
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by modfx View Post
Ouch. I don't own a ps3, (pc through and through) but everyone I know that does is riled enough as is. May the rage commence.
now would be a good time to make them come to the dark side

dark side = PC gaming.
Old 9th May 2011, 12:48   #8
Th3Maverick
Multimodder

Th3Maverick has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy
Quote:
PlayStation Network may not return to full functionality until the end of the month following repeated attacks on Sony's online services.
Turns into
Quote:
Creative writing?
Actually, I think
Quote:
Talking to Bloomberg today, a Sony spokesperson said that the company was still in the process of adopting improved security systems and was planning to restore PSN to full functionality by 31st May.
turned into
Quote:
for purposes of brevity at the beginning of the article.
Old 9th May 2011, 12:54   #9
will_123
Small childs brain in a big body

will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
While I have some sympathy for the users, is it wrong that I can't help smiling at Sony's misfortune?

Best Regards

Smugness Smugnassen
Your not the only one mate. Its happens to me now and again.

Web Hosting - http://www.goforthhosting.com
will_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 13:09   #10
Jaffo
Modder

Jaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah, buying the PS3 version of Portal 2 has turned out to be a *great* idea. :/
Jaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 13:14   #11
donnylowe7
What's a Dremel?

donnylowe7 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Am happy to sit this out until 31 may but if it turns out to be more lies from Sony then am deffo gonna start to rage big time.
donnylowe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 13:26   #12
Puk
(A shrewd and knavish sprite)

Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.
Most of my chums are ps3 fanboys, I admit i own one but only use it as a media box, best thing for it imho.

It amuses me no end how much my mates are whining about the network being down when they're in the pub, somewhat ironic as they're only in the pub as the psn is down! Not only has their fitness increased by walking to the pub so has their social lives, I think there's a moral here somewhere!

www.pukit.com
Puk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 13:36   #13
BillyBallbags
What's a Dremel?

BillyBallbags has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sony are damn lucky they put the BluRay player into the PS3, its the only thing that's desuading me from X-ing it in for an Xbox!

Going by Sony's past deadline failures i.e. GT5 and the PS3 itself I hold out little hope of the May 31st target date being met.

It's extremely annoying but having said that we seem to be forgetting one important thing... they've just had one of the most catastrophic natural disasters in modern history so it's possible it may take them a while to get their **** together =)

WTF am I saying... pull yer finger out and get my PSN back Mutha Lickas!!!! Peace! Out!
BillyBallbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 14:01   #14
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
On the plus side we should get 2 free games (probably minis from the store) from a choice of 5 and PSP users get 2 from a choice of 4
[source]http://www.giantbomb.com/news/sony-e...k-online/3145/[/source]

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 14:10   #15
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I got hold of Portal 2 free, only to play it on PC originally. However, as I couldn't do the steam/psn thing, I went ahead and tbh, rather enjoyed playing it on PS3. The fact that it had been made with joypad in mind (thankfully - the thought of accelerating through successive portals was a constant worry) made it play beautifully.

Unfortunately, my mrs can't get the hang of using one thumb to 'go' and another to change the view/direction so I can't do co-op (despite my best efforts solo).

Last edited by kenco_uk; 9th May 2011 at 14:19.
kenco_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 14:30   #16
bob_lewis
Lurker extraordinaire

bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Happy PC elitist is happy.
bob_lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 14:40   #17
V3ctor
Tech addict...

V3ctor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_lewis
Happy PC elitist is happy.
lol... True... XD
Intel Core i7 4770K@4.5Ghz / ASUS Sabertooth Z87 / 2x4Gb Gskill Trident X 2400Mhz / 2x ASUS Matrix Platinum 7970 3Gb / Samsung T260 / 2x Corsair Force GT 240Gb raid0/ Corsair HX-850W/ Silverstone FT02R-Wi
V3ctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 14:46   #18
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I enjoyed P2 on my PS3, despite the PSN being down. As it isn't a twitch shooter, it was quite relaxing being able to chill on the sofa and play on the big screen. I do like my PS3 (well, both of them), and the PSN being down is a pain, especially as I can't activate my Steam copy.

The crowing from 'hardcore' PC gamers is also a bit annoying. I play more than my fair share of PC games, but no point being a dick about it!
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 14:47   #19
Nutyy
Widden Palettes

Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Nutyy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu View Post
now would be a good time to make them come to the dark side

dark side = PC gaming.
Don't worry in about 3 weeks i should be joining the dark side . PSN will probably still be down by then too....
Old 9th May 2011, 14:50   #20
ravester2k3
What's a Dremel?

ravester2k3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I do understand why people are getting so frustrated but do you really want sony to rush back online and then the same thing happen again?
NO i dont think so.
Give sony the time they need to fix this problem otherwise it WILL happen again.
Its a gaming console, not the end of the world.
To all you people that are saying "screw sony i'm getting an xbox" i say screw you if you are that sad that u need to buy another console just so u can play games online.
I'm support sony all the way, you wanna moan at someone? Moan at the hackers.
ravester2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote