bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 16th May 2011, 16:55   #1
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Amazing water-cooled PC in a desk

Forum user l3p has made a fantastic-looking water-cooled PC using a see-through desk as a case.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/modding...pc-in-a-desk/1

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 17:00   #2
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
He drilled down into his house's foundations to find a cool home for the system's huge water-cooling radiator
This is the bit that really blows my mind.

bit-tech on Facebook - Custom PC on Facebook - bit-tech on Twitter

Steam ID: votelarry - BFBC2 ID: M4terial - Feel free to add me
Material is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 17:01   #3
d3m0n_edge
Lost Is Your Soul

d3m0n_edge has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Must be a real pain when upgrading hardware like the CPU, graphics card or motherboard. Still wicked though, was sitting in awe for about 5mins in admiration.
d3m0n_edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 17:15   #4
WildThing
Hypermodder

WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Truly awesome build imho! Well done L3p.
Asus P8P67 PRO Intel i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz Titan Fenrir XFX 6950 @ 6970 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 2x Crucial C300 128GB (OS + Games) Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Auzentech XFI-Prelude + Creative T7700 7.1 Enermax Liberty 500W Corsair 650D case HP 24" LP2475W Win7 x64
WildThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 17:15   #5
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ya I have a very similar monitor setup, what sucks about have one large monitor landscape and two side monitors has portrait is that one (if he happens to be running AMD Radeon cards) eyefinity doesnt work >.< at least I havent been able to get it to work and stupid Cyberlink Power DVD still wont open when it detects a monitor in portrait mode which is just soooo stupid.

Anyhow love the looks it makes but must be pretty distracting at night but then again when hes using the computer he probably has a switch to turn off the lighting effects.
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 17:30   #6
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looking at this and some of the other projects coming through, Mod of the Year is going to be better than ever. Attilla is going to turn out another classic and Waynio isn't far off finishing Stealthlow. The scratch build that K3nny done is awesome, Ang3l has popped out another brilliant build and there's probably a few more that I've forgotten to mention. I followed this build right from the start and it's absolutely brilliant now that it's finished.
bulldogjeff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 17:35   #7
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
sun-tan optional?
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 17:38   #8
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff
Looking at this and some of the other projects coming through, Mod of the Year is going to be better than ever. Attilla is going to turn out another classic and Waynio isn't far off finishing Stealthlow. The scratch build that K3nny done is awesome, Ang3l has popped out another brilliant build and there's probably a few more that I've forgotten to mention. I followed this build right from the start and it's absolutely brilliant now that it's finished.
I was thinking just the same thing this afternoon! I've seen at least 10 world-class projects this year and we're not even half way through the year yet!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 17:54   #9
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I keep thinking to myself that watercooling is just too expensive.

Then I see something like this and I just think "BUT ITS SO WORTH IT"

Amazing build, been watching from the begining and its truely exceptional.
Lance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 17:56   #10
Pete J
RIP Kidmod

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That is incredible.
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 17:59   #11
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I think I just jizz'd
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 18:20   #12
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
I was thinking just the same thing this afternoon! I've seen at least 10 world-class projects this year and we're not even half way through the year yet!
I don't envy you at he end of the year trying to sort through them all. At this rate it'll be a total nightmare working out whats going in and what isn't.
bulldogjeff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 19:04   #13
feathers
Banned

feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Nice build. I'm warning people about the dangers of FESER UV coolant. It's 10 x more electrically conductive than their bi-distilled water and if it leaks it will DESTROY your computer. I switched to a competitor's coolant some years ago (made from vegetables apparently).
feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 19:47   #14
d3m0n_edge
Lost Is Your Soul

d3m0n_edge has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I haven't had any major fry-ups when using Feser 1 UV Coolant... I hope I won't. Been using it for over a year now with regular changes. Had a few major splashes on the graphics card and motherboard when changing the fluid for a renewal when it happened (PC was off at the time). Working ok so far and has been for a long while, but I'm intending on switching coolant just to be on the safe side.
d3m0n_edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 20:10   #15
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathers
Nice build. I'm warning people about the dangers of FESER UV coolant. It's 10 x more electrically conductive than their bi-distilled water and if it leaks it will DESTROY your computer. I switched to a competitor's coolant some years ago (made from vegetables apparently).
Funny, I've spilled it several times on major components and never had an issue and it's a heap load cheaper than fluidxp that I used to use.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 20:16   #16
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathers View Post
Pussy. Real men use Fluorinert.

Feser and other similar non-conductive fluids are fine as long as you don't spill it in your PSU. That is the only place where it will cause shorts, due to the high voltages zapping about in there. Only Fluorinert is really 100% non-conductive --and costs a fortune.

As for the desk: it's a desk! It's a PC! It's a desk and a PC! It's freedom in a cup! Er, desk...
Nexxo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 20:31   #17
ledbythereaper
Multimodder

ledbythereaper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So so awesome, yet so so impractical for LAN parties.
ledbythereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 20:32   #18
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
This is my favourite large-scale PC modding/crafting project that I've yet seen. I had planned to do something similar myself on a smaller scale before, but it would never have lived up to the quality and execution of this.
Major kudos!
Old 16th May 2011, 20:50   #19
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This really is the crown on my 8 months of work.
A special about my pc on Bit-Tech ... i only could have dreamed that when i started this !
Old 16th May 2011, 21:01   #20
Ferrero94
Multimodder

Ferrero94 has yet to learn the way of the DremelFerrero94 has yet to learn the way of the DremelFerrero94 has yet to learn the way of the DremelFerrero94 has yet to learn the way of the DremelFerrero94 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledbythereaper
So so awesome, yet so so impractical for LAN parties.
Bring the lan party to you ?
Ferrero94 is offline   Reply With Quote