bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th May 2011, 08:23   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
On Our Desk - Mionix Propus 380

As you can imagine, we get lots of natty little bits and pieces sent into the bit-tech offices. Annoyingly, though, much of it is just a little too small or a little too silly to write about in a full page review. As a result, Im trying to resurrect the On Our Desk series of articles that we used to cover all these little bits of gadgetry.

So without further ado Ill tell you about the Mionix Propus 380 mouse mat, on which my CM Storm Inferno has been happily sitting for the last few days...

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2011/05...ix-propus-380/
Old 17th May 2011, 09:51   #2
JCBeastie
Supermodder

JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Mionix are looking to be pretty good overall, can't wait to get my hands on the Naos 5000 (mouse) and the Zibal 60 (great looking keyboard).
JCBeastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 12:01   #3
scott_chegg
It's a tool.

scott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Got one at launch to go with my Naos 5000. It's an amazing surface! Agreed it takes a little bit of getting used to it. I don't think I could go back to a cloth matt now.
My System: i5 2500K @ 4.7Ghz | MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz | Corsair H-50 Push-Pull with Silent Eagle 2000's | Silverstone Raven RV03 | EVGA 670 FTW | Dell SP2309W | Antec 750W TruePower Blue | Win 7 x64 | Crucial 64GB C300 for OS | Samsung 830 256GB for Active Games & a 1TB Samsung for Steam. Perphiperals: Roccat Kone+ Max V2 | CMStorm Quickfire Pro with Cherry Reds | Cyborg F.L.Y 5 stick for flying and a Logitech DF GT for driving.
scott_chegg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 13:43   #4
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You need to try an IceMat.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 13:44   #5
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Welcome Back "On our Desk"!
I always enjoyed these little tidbits
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 20:01   #6
frojoe
Multimodder

frojoe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I always liked "on our desk" as well. I would enjoy it if you brought it back.

On a less pleasant note, am I the only one seeing those terrible ads that pop-up when you mouse over certain words? I thought bit-tech was done with those.
frojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 20:16   #7
TheLink
Modder

TheLink has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Only available on pre-order yet at scan's ?
TheLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 20:32   #8
jimmyjj
Hypermodder

jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Using a Mionix Alioth 320 right now.

It is the first "proper" mouse mat I have ever used. Before that is was just 1.99 PC world specials.

Trust me I am never going back...
Old 18th May 2011, 00:17   #9
rjkoneill
Supermodder

rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
been using one for about a month now, excellent product. really happy with its performance.
Old 18th May 2011, 01:39   #10
he-coldfinger
What's a Dremel?

he-coldfinger has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just an FYI,

The Cyborg R.A.T. series WILL NOT track with this mouse mat. I ordered one at Newegg when it was first released and to my disappointment the mouse would not track on it.

I posted a review on Newegg warning buyers of this but the post was deleted by by Newegg admins.
he-coldfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 11:17   #11
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frojoe View Post
On a less pleasant note, am I the only one seeing those terrible ads that pop-up when you mouse over certain words? I thought bit-tech was done with those.
Nope...also they're video now...how handy when you're on a tight wireless network
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 14:02   #12
mionix
What's a Dremel?

mionix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by he-coldfinger
Just an FYI,

The Cyborg R.A.T. series WILL NOT track with this mouse mat. I ordered one at Newegg when it was first released and to my disappointment the mouse would not track on it.

I posted a review on Newegg warning buyers of this but the post was deleted by by Newegg admins.
Hi it's Mionix here what R.A.T were you using 3,5 or 7?
mionix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 01:00   #13
DystopianDream
Minimodder

DystopianDream has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have one of these mated with my trusty steelseries Ikari laser, and the work beautifully both for SC2 and bfbc2. Move from a cloth matt to this and like other have said it took adjustment, I used to be a low sens gamer with an even bigger (steelseries 5L) matt. Got this because it was getting old and caused mistracking, but the more slippy surface made big arm movement feel out of control. It does however track beautifully and I have since switched to much higher sens style, pivoting from the heel of the hand for most things and sliding for the occasional 180 headshot . Overall it feels great, I can highly recommend
Old 27th May 2011, 00:09   #14
Kasius
Bringing the dremolition

Kasius has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Want! It'll compliment my 5000 pwerfectly