bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th May 2011, 11:31   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Review

Can The Witcher 2 live up to our enormous expectations? Yes, it can - and more besides.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...her-2-review/1
Old 17th May 2011, 11:41   #2
RedFlames
is not KidMod

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I really should finish the first one...

RedFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 11:46   #3
thom804
Multimodder

thom804 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
95% for a non-valve game? Must be freaking amazing.
I'm not making disparaging remarks towards bit-tech, rather the opposite as I can imagine a lot of other sites will be rating this game this highly as well.
Also, as RedFlames says, I really need to finish the first one though :P
Asus P67 Sabertooth // Intel 2500k @4.6ghz // 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1600 // XFX 7870 2GB DD edition // 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD // 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 HDD // Gelid Tranquillo // Corsair HX 750w PSU // Silverstone FT02B-W
thom804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 11:59   #4
Madness_3d
Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I finished the first one and it is a masterpiece and I have no doubt this one will be as good maybe even better My copy is landing today
XFXScorpio911 PHENOM II X4 965 @ 4.02Ghz SLI GTX 480 1536MB ASUS CROSSHAIR II FORMULA 4GB OCZ REAPER 1066 5-5-4-8 2T CORSAIR HYDRO H50 CORSAIR Force 3 120GB WINDOWS 7 HP 64bit Musings On The Technical World Steam
Madness_3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 12:00   #5
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
YES! Thank you CD Projekt! I loved the first one and was worried they would ruin the second, but I am glad to say I was wrong! I want your babies, CDP!
Old 17th May 2011, 12:00   #6
DwarfKiller
Multimodder

DwarfKiller has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So many games, so little time... so little money :-(
Old 17th May 2011, 12:00   #7
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I can't even remember much of what happened in the first one now. Bugger, do I replay that first? W2 turned up today safe and sound in a pretty box.
adidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 12:07   #8
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I didn't play the original Witcher, but watching Joe play this has thoroughly convinced me. Imminent purchase.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 12:09   #9
RedFlames
is not KidMod

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarfKiller View Post
what he said, only reword slightly to avoid accusations of plagiarism...

there's a few games i want to play, and this is one of them [once i finish the first one]

RedFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 12:12   #10
Phalanx

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
I didn't play the original Witcher, but watching Joe play this has thoroughly convinced me. Imminent purchase.
You would benefit immensely from playing the first one Baz, as by the looks of it, The Witcher 2 continues where the first one stopped. Be warned though, there's a lot of stuff in there that is non-politically correct (that doesn't mean it's bad), and CDP clearly aren't scared of making stories involving items that people will find... touchy, at best.
Old 17th May 2011, 12:19   #11
seeds
What's a Dremel?

seeds has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I finished the first one last week so I was ready for this one. I really enjoyed the first and by the looks of it the second looks like it will be as good if not better. The only thing a fear is the QTEs.

-Seeds
seeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 12:26   #12
Doctor Hades
Dreamer

Doctor Hades has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I installed my GOG.com copy this morning but sadly I only got to try ten minutes of the Prologue before I had to leave for work. Fortunately, I'm taking the afternoon off so noon cannot come soon enough.

First impressions are that the game is a real labour of love as it shows in every aspect of the game I saw from the beautiful presentation and menus, stunning visuals, excellent voice-acting through to the sheer amount of detail in the game world. I was getting around 45-60 fps on the Prologue with Ultra settings (UberSampling disabled though) at 1920x1200 which is better than I expected. Apart from one stutter during a cutscene - likely streaming related - the game feels smooth. It even supports the Xbox 360 controller with button icons show on-screen and in the tutorials which is very welcome addition IMO.

Mind you, it's obvious that the game has been designed with an eventual port to the consoles as the graphics options are accessed through the launcher not from within the game menus themselves which makes tweaking the settings somewhat clumsy. Considering the first game had graphics options within the game itself I find this a surprising change.
Doctor Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 12:33   #13
jimbok11
What's a Dremel?

jimbok11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
anyone know the specs for this bad boy?
jimbok11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 12:34   #14
tad2008
Supermodder

tad2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarfKiller
+1 to that...

Witcher 2 at 95% tho makes it a must buy for me and should keep me going till ME2 and GW2 are finally released.
tad2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 12:35   #15
misterd77
Multimodder

misterd77 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Mind you, it's obvious that the game has been designed with an eventual port to the consoles as the graphics options are accessed through the launcher not from within the game menus themselves which makes tweaking the settings somewhat clumsy. Considering the first game had graphics options within the game itself I find this a surprising change."

not a bad thing, if it happens, w3 will be funded by
misterd77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 12:35   #16
Phalanx

Recommended specs:

Processor: Intel Quad Core or AMD equivalent
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 260, 1 GB memory / Radeon HD 4850 with 1 GB memory
Memory: 3 GB for Windows XP / 4 GB for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Hard Disk: At least 16 GB of free space

Minimum specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD equivalent
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800, 512 MB memory or ATI equivalent
Memory: 1 GB for Windows XP / 2 GB for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Hard Disk: 8 GB for the game installation and 8 GB for bonus materials
Old 17th May 2011, 12:38   #17
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
A game that doesn't patronize you or hold your hand and requires the ability to think as well?

must be a PC exclusive then.

must be purchased for great justice
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 12:40   #18
Mentai
Hypermodder

Mentai has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Being that this is the biggest PC exclusive in a long time it would have been good to see a performance section, even just a paragraph. Otherwise good review, sounds as good as I was hoping it was.
Mentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 13:07   #19
vampalan
Multimodder

vampalan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow.. 95 percent.
vampalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 13:14   #20
bob_lewis
Lurker extraordinaire

bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith
A game that doesn't patronize you or hold your hand and requires the ability to think as well?

must be a PC exclusive then.

must be purchased for great justice
Exactly this.

2,5 more hours at work...
bob_lewis is offline   Reply With Quote