1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project : Synthetica by AnG3L (Selling most of my parts)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 18 May 2011.

?

Choose which design to follow in order to create the ventilation (page 10)

Poll closed 24 Jun 2011.
  1. 1st design

29 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. 2nd design

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Project : Synthetica by AnG3L
    -------------------------------------

Intro:

Hello my friends again! Time for a new project!
    This time I am going to follow my friends advice (Chris!) and replicate a design by the famous
    architect Zaha Hadid!
    I am not going to copy the design you are about to see but I will follow her particular style!

[​IMG]

It was a very difficult task for me to choose the perfect design amongst hundreds of beautiful
    structures and buildings.
    I had to take under consideration the placement of the components and the heat dissipation (airflow, materials etc)
    This design though with the proper changes was the only one that fitted in my concept as all the other designs due to the very "free flaw" technique Zaha Hadid has, would have been huge and not so functional.

The other problem I faced was the finding of the right material. I choose so many materials but some of them were heavy, some of them needed molds and some of them werent durable enough. So I ended up with 2 different kinds of fiberglass and probably some modeling paste.

The main piece that I will work with will be acrylic, were I will do all the curves and crazy design with the fiberglass. The rest that will house the components will be aluminum. Most of the work will be done by using cnc and laser machines.

So far I worked around 200 hours on the designs and the concept. This mod will be watercooled even if I was going air this time I changed my mind due to the heat and aesthetic reasons!
    All the parts are going to be removable, not a single rivet in my designs so far! As always I give emphasis first on the functionality.
    The colors are going to be blue metallic and black!

So lets begin our 5th humble journey!! I promise that you will enjoy this as I have a lot of surprises for you! (No painting techniques as many people dislike them)

Last edited: 12 Apr 2012
    TeenGeek likes this.
  2. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Sponsors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 13 Jul 2011
  3. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

So lets begin!!

As I told you in the intro, the main part that it will word as a "top panel" will be the architect replicate theme.
    The material I am going to "build" on it will be 3mm clear acrylic. A lot of windows will be attached on it and also radiator ventilation holes and mesh.
    Here are the parts after the cnc "preparation!"

[​IMG]

The main top panel piece was routed in the bending areas for more accurate and tight bend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This small piece is a part of the reservoir stand! You will love it once I finish it!

[​IMG]

Some windows will be bended too.

[​IMG]

Some of the windows bended already!

[​IMG]

This small 2cm acrylic piece will be glued together with 4 more the same to become the angle of the components chassis. This
    will also hold the box together. You will have to be patient till we get there though!!
    In 8 of them (top and bottom parts) I made threads for the screws that will hold the box together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So lets cross our fingers for a nice journey guys!!!! Peace to all of you!!

Last edited: 18 May 2011
  4. Gtek

Gtek Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

I like Hadids organic style... watching :thumb:

EDIT: I forgot to add... She is great source of inspiration, but I wouldn't replicate, just my unimportant opinion :D

Last edited: 18 May 2011
  5. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Yeah! A new project! But dude, you really need to put some progress pics up, or else this thread might get moved:D

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

But, you only just finished one!

Fantastic, looking forward to more. Hell of a bending machine!

7. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Yeah lolz you are right I used the wrong word stupid me :wallbash: I am not going to copy I meant to say!!! ;) Glad to have you here bro!

Experience talks :p Well I just did that!!! :)

Modding is interesting I must say :p I need to feed my passion bro!! :) Yeah the bending machine rocks!! :rock:

8. cchr

cchr Minimodder

thats me thats me :clap: :p
    good to see you off the design board and on the modding train Alex!:thumb:
    now lets see this baby under way:dremel:
    cheers!

9. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thats you thats you alla eha8ikes teleia!!! :p
    Thanks for the idea bro you see I am a good boy and I take advices looooooolz :) :)
    The design board wasnt so difficult this time I must say, choosing and creating the concept was indeed hard!!! :) Talk soon through Skype!

10. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

Your doing it again! Looking great, simple and clean. I'm still figuring out my next design

11. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Ahhhh. This looks really interesting, thats a pretty wild design. Off to a really good start. I'll be watching this very carefully.

12. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Alex, I can't keep up with you. Please stop!!!! :waah::waah::waah:;):dremel::hehe:

13. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I thought I was bad banging out 3 in about a year... I have a break for a few months and then start the next on..

Alex has a cup of coffee and a snack and the next one is on the launched on to the forums...lol

14. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks bro, gotta keep modding!! ;)

I saved you a seat at the front row buddy!!! Enjoy the ride!! :) Thanks for being here!

LoL Antony if I stop I will have nothing else to do !!! ;) I want to make it to front page and perhaps a contest? :p I will do my best to bring something really nice this time. Perhaps the best so far! :)

LoL the truth is I had a lot of coffee and a lot of beers! Enough to make me fat and need diet!! :)

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

[​IMG]

Nice start Alex will be sure to follow this one [​IMG].​

16. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Run with it! You know my opinion. Theme is 'AnG3L builds another winner'

17. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Good god man, ANOTHER ONE!

Wheee!

18. xjmtx

xjmtx Lusts for CF3-1631

now that's using your head! single piece heat bent. I'm super excited about this fab. its remarkable that you have such short transition time between builds. and i know that your daily life is full of craziness and other side projects. you are in line to become the worlds most interesting man at this rate.

19. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Lolz brother nice emoticon there!!! Thanks and welcome aboard!!!

Thats what I call a power boost!! Thanks John my friend!!! :)

Wheee!!!! :) Hey brother welcome aboard!!!!!

Indeed so many things, so many difficulties in life but we still hang on and fight!! Thanks for your kind words my friend!!! :thumb:

20. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Cool but we need more pictures :lol:

Super sweet
    [​IMG]
    I wish I had one