bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: Choose which design to follow in order to create the ventilation (page 10)
1st design 29 70.73%
2nd design 12 29.27%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18th May 2011, 21:13   #1
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Project : Synthetica by AnG3L (Selling most of my parts)

Project : Synthetica by AnG3L
-------------------------------------

Intro:

Hello my friends again! Time for a new project!
This time I am going to follow my friends advice (Chris!) and replicate a design by the famous
architect Zaha Hadid!
I am not going to copy the design you are about to see but I will follow her particular style!

It was a very difficult task for me to choose the perfect design amongst hundreds of beautiful
structures and buildings.
I had to take under consideration the placement of the components and the heat dissipation (airflow, materials etc)
This design though with the proper changes was the only one that fitted in my concept as all the other designs due to the very "free flaw" technique Zaha Hadid has, would have been huge and not so functional.

The other problem I faced was the finding of the right material. I choose so many materials but some of them were heavy, some of them needed molds and some of them werent durable enough. So I ended up with 2 different kinds of fiberglass and probably some modeling paste.

The main piece that I will work with will be acrylic, were I will do all the curves and crazy design with the fiberglass. The rest that will house the components will be aluminum. Most of the work will be done by using cnc and laser machines.

So far I worked around 200 hours on the designs and the concept. This mod will be watercooled even if I was going air this time I changed my mind due to the heat and aesthetic reasons!
All the parts are going to be removable, not a single rivet in my designs so far! As always I give emphasis first on the functionality.
The colors are going to be blue metallic and black!

So lets begin our 5th humble journey!! I promise that you will enjoy this as I have a lot of surprises for you! (No painting techniques as many people dislike them)

Last edited by AnG3L; 12th Apr 2012 at 13:00.
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 21:14   #2
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Sponsors:

Last edited by AnG3L; 13th Jul 2011 at 22:26.
Old 18th May 2011, 21:14   #3
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

So lets begin!!

As I told you in the intro, the main part that it will word as a "top panel" will be the architect replicate theme.
The material I am going to "build" on it will be 3mm clear acrylic. A lot of windows will be attached on it and also radiator ventilation holes and mesh.
Here are the parts after the cnc "preparation!"

The main top panel piece was routed in the bending areas for more accurate and tight bend.

This small piece is a part of the reservoir stand! You will love it once I finish it!

Some windows will be bended too.

Some of the windows bended already!

This small 2cm acrylic piece will be glued together with 4 more the same to become the angle of the components chassis. This
will also hold the box together. You will have to be patient till we get there though!!
In 8 of them (top and bottom parts) I made threads for the screws that will hold the box together.

So lets cross our fingers for a nice journey guys!!!! Peace to all of you!!

Last edited by AnG3L; 18th May 2011 at 21:24.
Old 18th May 2011, 21:17   #4
Gtek
Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I like Hadids organic style... watching

EDIT: I forgot to add... She is great source of inspiration, but I wouldn't replicate, just my unimportant opinion

Last edited by Gtek; 18th May 2011 at 21:23.
Gtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 21:25   #5
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Yeah! A new project! But dude, you really need to put some progress pics up, or else this thread might get moved
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 21:28   #6
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
But, you only just finished one!

Fantastic, looking forward to more. Hell of a bending machine!
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 21:39   #7
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
I like Hadids organic style... watching

EDIT: I forgot to add... She is great source of inspiration, but I wouldn't replicate, just my unimportant opinion
Yeah lolz you are right I used the wrong word stupid me I am not going to copy I meant to say!!! Glad to have you here bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
Yeah! A new project! But dude, you really need to put some progress pics up, or else this thread might get moved
Experience talks Well I just did that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ZiiP] NaloaC View Post
But, you only just finished one!

Fantastic, looking forward to more. Hell of a bending machine!
Modding is interesting I must say I need to feed my passion bro!! Yeah the bending machine rocks!!
Old 18th May 2011, 21:42   #8
cchr
Multimodder

cchr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
This time I am going to follow my friends advice (Chris!)
thats me thats me
good to see you off the design board and on the modding train Alex!
now lets see this baby under way
cheers!
Intel Atom N450 1.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 32GB SSD.
No Desktop for now
cchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 21:53   #9
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Thats you thats you alla eha8ikes teleia!!!
Thanks for the idea bro you see I am a good boy and I take advices looooooolz
The design board wasnt so difficult this time I must say, choosing and creating the concept was indeed hard!!! Talk soon through Skype!
Old 18th May 2011, 22:11   #10
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Cleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Your doing it again! Looking great, simple and clean. I'm still figuring out my next design
Cleveland216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 22:15   #11
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.
Ahhhh. This looks really interesting, thats a pretty wild design. Off to a really good start. I'll be watching this very carefully.
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 22:30   #12
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Alex, I can't keep up with you. Please stop!!!!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 22:39   #13
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
I thought I was bad banging out 3 in about a year... I have a break for a few months and then start the next on..

Alex has a cup of coffee and a snack and the next one is on the launched on to the forums...lol
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 23:12   #14
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland216 View Post
Your doing it again! Looking great, simple and clean. I'm still figuring out my next design
Thanks bro, gotta keep modding!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
Ahhhh. This looks really interesting, thats a pretty wild design. Off to a really good start. I'll be watching this very carefully.
I saved you a seat at the front row buddy!!! Enjoy the ride!! Thanks for being here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
LoL Antony if I stop I will have nothing else to do !!! I want to make it to front page and perhaps a contest? I will do my best to bring something really nice this time. Perhaps the best so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
I thought I was bad banging out 3 in about a year... I have a break for a few months and then start the next on..

Alex has a cup of coffee and a snack and the next one is on the launched on to the forums...lol

LoL the truth is I had a lot of coffee and a lot of beers! Enough to make me fat and need diet!!
Old 18th May 2011, 23:47   #15
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.

Nice start Alex will be sure to follow this one .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 23:48   #16
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Run with it! You know my opinion. Theme is 'AnG3L builds another winner'
Old 19th May 2011, 02:11   #17
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Good god man, ANOTHER ONE!

Wheee!
Old 19th May 2011, 03:30   #18
xjmtx
Lusts for CF3-1631

xjmtx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
now that's using your head! single piece heat bent. I'm super excited about this fab. its remarkable that you have such short transition time between builds. and i know that your daily life is full of craziness and other side projects. you are in line to become the worlds most interesting man at this rate.
Old 19th May 2011, 06:42   #19
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post

Nice start Alex will be sure to follow this one .
Lolz brother nice emoticon there!!! Thanks and welcome aboard!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon303 View Post
Run with it! You know my opinion. Theme is 'AnG3L builds another winner'
Thats what I call a power boost!! Thanks John my friend!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Good god man, ANOTHER ONE!

Wheee!
Wheee!!!! Hey brother welcome aboard!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjmtx View Post
now that's using your head! single piece heat bent. I'm super excited about this fab. its remarkable that you have such short transition time between builds. and i know that your daily life is full of craziness and other side projects. you are in line to become the worlds most interesting man at this rate.
Indeed so many things, so many difficulties in life but we still hang on and fight!! Thanks for your kind words my friend!!!
Old 19th May 2011, 06:49   #20
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Cool but we need more pictures

Super sweet

I wish I had one
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode