bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 19th May 2011, 08:50   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Cooler Master 2011 Case Mod Competition - vote now

Voting has started for Cooler Master's popular modding competition.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/modding...petition-vot/1
Old 19th May 2011, 09:49   #2
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
They all deserve it!
Old 19th May 2011, 10:27   #3
tonyd223
king of nothing

tonyd223 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The desk - the guy drinks coolant!
tonyd223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 11:32   #4
Chad Chubatcha
What's a Dremel?

Chad Chubatcha has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The selection of mods featured in this article makes me proud to be Dutch! (A) Voted for the space ship myself, although not finished, awesome project!
Chad Chubatcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 14:01   #5
Jake123456
All hail Olivia Wilde!!

Jake123456 is definitely a rep cheat.Jake123456 is definitely a rep cheat.Jake123456 is definitely a rep cheat.Jake123456 is definitely a rep cheat.Jake123456 is definitely a rep cheat.Jake123456 is definitely a rep cheat.Jake123456 is definitely a rep cheat.Jake123456 is definitely a rep cheat.Jake123456 is definitely a rep cheat.Jake123456 is definitely a rep cheat.Jake123456 is definitely a rep cheat.
Tron Light bike, or a PC within a desk....so hard....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending Credits View Post
If I ejaculated a 1.5TB HDD I'd probably do it again from the excitement.
Jake123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 07:24   #6
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Massive amount of awesome mods there .
But this competition revealed a gigantic flaw with internet votes on mod comps in plain view for me which has completely turned me off mod comps that take internet votes but definitely not actual modding I'll be modding till I'm too weak to pick up a tool .

Nearly forgot to say who I voted for before I found out about the sham .

I voted for scratch builds that didn't seem to be getting much support but was really awesome mods, my votes would have been different if the ones I was going to vote for wasn't doing so very well, in mod comps I like to see a close ballance as all mods in comps have their own qualities although some do have the extra vavavoom .

Scratch builds
Charge! although I'd call this an extreme case mod but it's a kickass mod so had to vote for it
Sors salutis
Wall-E

For case mods I was able to vote my favourites since Paultan was doing very well with his nike mod.

Case mods
Usonian
RESURREKTION
ATCs 840 STACKER

I used 3 different PC's in the house couldn't help it with being spoilt with multivote here .

Last edited by Waynio; 20th May 2011 at 07:45. Reason: Nearly forgot to say who I voted for before I found out about the sham
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 15:08   #7
Frenkie
Lets mod the world!

Frenkie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I agree with Waynio, and not because of the vote ( thanx man!). The guys who flaunt their mods over a zillion forums and can gather up a lot of 'friends' get a lot of internet votes. Luckely Coolermaster has opted to divide the scoring between internet votes and a jury, with a balance of 30-70%. Nevertheless; seeing the incredible amount of high standard mods here, I guess we all were longing for a big competiton.
Frenkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 20:55   #8
jj_sky5000
Multimodder

jj_sky5000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It a shame but it is what it is!!! lots of great work. "Tron" !!! on the scratch side is my favorite, L3p D3sk is amazing but the votes should be way closers and on teh tower side CM-HAF-XL, Usonian and Dawn of war awesome work, true mods, If a couple of spary painted with hardly any modding wins on the tower side, it will be great disappointment. I think the judges will get it right and those guys wont even place.
Old 21st May 2011, 20:57   #9
jj_sky5000
Multimodder

jj_sky5000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dawn of war mod has only 3 votes much better mod than he is given credit for. the people voting must be blind or are not even looking at teh other mods
Old 21st May 2011, 21:36   #10
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Theres a good few with boosted votes but the ones I like & respect a lot seem about right on the votes, it's tough for original pieces as theres no set fan base for particular design so I suppose naturally lack votes.

To be honest I'd find it hard to pick a number 1, there are quite a lot I really like & would be happy to use virtually any of them .

If I seperated the themed cases from the original cases I'd find it a little bit easier I think but would still be a tough 1 to call.

I agree about the airbrushed ones though, just pay someone to do it & theres the mod so yeah I'd discount those straight away from the comp if I was a judge .
Old 21st May 2011, 23:43   #11
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Okay dont get me wrong but L3p D3sk is an awesome build but how in the hell does it have that many votes, I mean the Tron build is more impressive then a computer with a desk... ya you know who I voted for lol.
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 00:11   #12
CrazyBlade
Multimodder

CrazyBlade has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by HourBeforeDawn View Post
Okay dont get me wrong but L3p D3sk is an awesome build but how in the hell does it have that many votes, I mean the Tron build is more impressive then a computer with a desk... ya you know who I voted for lol.
The Tron build is amazing, I completely agree, but for me the sheer size of the L3p project is astounding. And he just got everything right imo, the lighting, the various stages he went through. I'm in absolute awe of it, I must admit, and it's inspiring me to my first ever water cooled build. If that's not a reason for me to vote for it, I don't know what is.
CrazyBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 01:19   #13
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HourBeforeDawn View Post
Posting on god knows how many forums & reddit & possibly other places as well as already being an awesome mod that didn't need to be boosted but don't know about the other places bit .

Have you not seen the gingerbread house, that had ridiculasly bloated votes too .

Can only say I'm glad it doesn't come entirely down to the internet vote count .

Bods Tron mod is super duper, really is love the body work on it & really love the lighting on it perfectly done, really like the case handles (just push your arms through the wheels) awesome , even recovered from a big hiccup, it's also fantastic how fast he made it all come together, no messing around matches the bike it's based on , it costs a bit though to get some of the parts done like that but made the deadline just in time, perfect & 1 of not so many specifically built with the comp in mind so really would be a deserving winner imo, USS eurisko is really nice too, my 2 favourite themed scratch builds.

But what about Wall-E that thing can freak zoo animals out & double up as a pc .
Old 31st May 2011, 09:05   #14
mattari
What's a Dremel?

mattari has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The tron light bike has that certain x factor for me. Very cool.
mattari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2011, 08:06   #15
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Congrats Boddaker !
And thanks Cooler Master and all voters !
l3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2011, 19:31   #16
Nanosec
absit iniuria verbis

Nanosec has yet to learn the way of the DremelNanosec has yet to learn the way of the DremelNanosec has yet to learn the way of the DremelNanosec has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I am so glad to see that the vote count wasn't the only factor in their decision. IMHO Tron should have had the most votes, I am so glad the judges could see through the numbers and picked the Best scratch build. Grats Bod
Nanosec is offline   Reply With Quote