bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 19th May 2011, 11:28   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Rockstar: New firmware causing PS3 overheating

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...s3-overheati/1
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 11:35   #2
will_123
Small childs brain in a big body

will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Apparently they have retracted their statement because its been happening on the Xbox aswell.

Web Hosting - http://www.goforthhosting.com
will_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 11:36   #3
Sensei
Modder

Sensei has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That may explain my fan going into overdrive afte 30 minutes of play on Assassins Creed BH
Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 11:40   #4
Memnoch-fr
Minimodder

Memnoch-fr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Older PS3s need a cleanout from time to timedue to dust. But the main reason they are overheating is people are spending too much time on the game without sufficent ventilation. PS3 gamers were up in arms when GT5 was released as well as apparently it was causing PS3s to overheat (YLOD).
Memnoch-fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 11:45   #5
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This story has been updated.
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 11:51   #6
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Is this game meant to be any good just out of interest? (sorry for my disinterest PS3ers!)
Old 19th May 2011, 11:54   #7
Eggy
Multimodder

Eggy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch-fr
Older PS3s need a cleanout from time to timedue to dust. But the main reason they are overheating is people are spending too much time on the game without sufficent ventilation. PS3 gamers were up in arms when GT5 was released as well as apparently it was causing PS3s to overheat (YLOD).
These claims come ever ytime after a dash or firmware update. People need an explanation for something and the only thing they can think off is that thing they installed last week. I've seen all sorts of hardware and software related issues contributed to installing Windows updates, of course 99% of them had nothing to do with it.
Eggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 12:15   #8
bogie170
Supermodder

bogie170 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Didn't something like this happen with GTA4?
bogie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 12:44   #9
cjoyce1980
Supermodder

cjoyce1980 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_123
Apparently they have retracted their statement because its been happening on the Xbox aswell.
I've not had that, I have an older 360 got the game early from shopto.net yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie170
Didn't something like this happen with GTA4?.
yeah, my PS3 crapped out with that game, and it was a firmware issue at the time. hopefully sony will have it fixed soon if PSN finally gets sorted out
cjoyce1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 13:00   #10
mpr
Multimodder

mpr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
FWIW both La Noire and then later in the night 3d Dot Game Heroes had exceptionally hot discs, 3dDGH didn't have that issue prior. I have an early model Slim.
mpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 13:45   #11
moddingmaster
Newbie Modder

moddingmaster has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
my ps3 has been folding for tha past 72hrs and i cannot l hear the fan, nor gaming. (ps3 slim 40nm/45nm)
moddingmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 13:47   #12
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've been looking at dusting off for the GTAbox* for this, but am going to wait to see if the console can handle it first.

*Maybe I'm just difficult to please, but literally the only console exclusives I consider to be worth my time have been from Rockstar games. They've single handedly dispelled the idea that console games are inherently stupid, but it is somewhat annoying that they seem to always have framerate issues.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 17:31   #13
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.
Pointing fingers much?

Pick easy target, cover up their own problems.
Old 19th May 2011, 20:29   #14
Teq
Multimodder

Teq has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Happens everywhere, I'm getting fed up with having to spend days investigating potential release problems only to find out that the problem lies in the underlying system but those responsible point the finger at my team</rant>
Teq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 23:55   #15
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Aha bad placement & no ventilation & heavy workload causes ps3 overheating.

This is why I made my entertainment stack & made a levitated thoroughly ventilated system for my ps3, for the xbox I done an extreme air cooling mod on it & they can both play for how ever long I want without getting a tiny bit warm .

I noted how hot the ps3 slim was getting when just plonked on a table & knew it didn't need an extreme mod to keep it cool but instead just a good ventilation mod, keeps it nice & cool.

Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 15:31   #16
Santa-san
A friendly person

Santa-san has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That gaming tower construction looks great! You built it all yourself, or is it available for purchase anywhere?
Santa-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 16:41   #17
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa-san View Post
That gaming tower construction looks great! You built it all yourself, or is it available for purchase anywhere?
Thanks Santa-san yes I built it myself & my fairly heavy air cube pc sits on top of it also but will probably put a tv in place of it once I get using stealthlow but yeah there should be things like this available with active cooling on shelves, set top boxes would benefit from it as they can get pretty toasty also.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote