bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 31st May 2011, 10:56   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hitman: Absolution to be more accessible

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...e-accessible/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 11:01   #2
coolius
Multimodder

coolius has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Can't wait!
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64

coolius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 11:03   #3
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
Wasn't that what IW said when they introduced IWNet?

Anyway, I can't see IO messing up Hitman, roll on release date!
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 11:21   #4
maximus09
Forever n00b

maximus09 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I hope this broader approach doesn't mess up the gameplay that is so unique to hitman. And I hope "broader" doesn't mean more generic or homogeneous, because it would be ashame if they tried to reach a broader audience after all a "broader audience" might mean; less stealth, more explosions, more guns and action.

This in my opinion would dilute and sour the Hitman series.
Old 31st May 2011, 11:21   #5
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Don't **** it up, don't **** it up, don't **** it up.

Please don't **** it up.

I want more hard as hell game play.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 11:37   #6
Uno1_
Minimodder

Uno1_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If they set it up so that hits are still complex, challenging, and rewarding when you find a way that works, and the only change is to smooth the interface, then they've got a winner on their hands. My ideal game is Hitman's setting (not neccesarily story), Splinter Cell and Thief's stealth, and Assassin's Creed's ease of movement. (Not parkour, and being able to shimmy up the side of buildings like it aint no thang, but rather being able to interact with the environment fluidly.)
Uno1_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 11:47   #7
pimlicosound
Multimodder

pimlicosound has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, I expected a barrage of comments complaining that the new game will no doubt be "consolified pap for kiddies", with calls to boycott the developer until IO respects its PC gamer roots. I'm actually impressed with the level-headedness prevailing so far in this comments thread!
pimlicosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 12:43   #8
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Waitwhat???

Hitman is one of those game that fits all tastes. If you want to complete any level (just complete) it is kinda easy. If you want to complete it PERFECTLY (not being spotted, hide all bodies and such) then the game is "not so easy".

Hitman is one of the most well balanced games ever, and they want to dumb it?

I have the feeling that "blood money" (without the blood) is in the table. as liratheal said:
Please don't **** it up!!
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 14:10   #9
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
I didn't know they were supposed to be that hard? I'm sick of the constant dumbing down of games lately. Anyway please don't **** it up and I'll be happy.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 14:15   #10
loftie
I *am* a Dremel

loftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I only ever play BM, but it seemed balanced to me
Old 31st May 2011, 14:33   #11
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
You give any of the first couple of Hitman games to an ADHD addled 13 year old CODBLOPS player and I guarantee they'll find it hard as hell.

The trick for IO is to make a game that caters to us hardcore players whilst selling like hot-cakes to the kiddies. It's no good making a game that caters to the few dedicated fans if it doesn't sell very well and we get no more Hitman titles.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 15:51   #12
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
My cynical side says that their comments about hardcore gamers are just lip-service, as they always are from developers/publishers when announcing that the next title is going to be dumbed down.
The promise that changes to 'broaden the appeal' and 'widen the audience' won't dilute the experience for hardcore players almost never holds true in reality.

My (weaker, less vehement) optimistic side says that IO is a good, smaller dev studio and that the game will probably still be enjoyable.

As others have said; I don't see a need for this. Blood Money felt very balanced to me; but then I've been playing baldystealclothesandkillpeople since the first game wowed me with ragdoll physics and challenging levels in 2000.
As above, Please don't **** it up (like so many other developers do these days).
Old 31st May 2011, 16:17   #13
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uno1_ View Post
If they set it up so that hits are still complex, challenging, and rewarding when you find a way that works, and the only change is to smooth the interface, then they've got a winner on their hands. My ideal game is Hitman's setting (not neccesarily story), Splinter Cell and Thief's stealth, and Assassin's Creed's ease of movement. (Not parkour, and being able to shimmy up the side of buildings like it aint no thang, but rather being able to interact with the environment fluidly.)
^ This. The game was great it was just the controls and interface that let it down.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 16:42   #14
Seraphim401
What's a Dremel?

Seraphim401 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So they want to make the game easy for dumb-asses.
Anyone that can tie their shoelaces can play Hitman (without cheating).
Seraphim401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 16:56   #15
Jezcentral
Multimodder

Jezcentral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bah! to stealth. I want to walk
Jezcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 17:03   #16
Jezcentral
Multimodder

Jezcentral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bah, again. iPhone fail.

I don't care so much about stealth, as long as I get to walk around dressed as the leather dude from The Village People, or a k
Jezcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 17:51   #17
Yslen
Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.
It's already perfect, don't mess with it please.
Asrock Z77e-ITX - Intel i5 3570k - Corsair H50-1 - G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz - Gigabyte HD6870 - Crucial M4 - Samsung HDD - 530W ThermalTake SS PSU - Bitfenix Prodigy - LG IPS231P - NAOS 8200 - Poker II (Reds) - IBM Model M
Take a look at my Photography portfolio, here.
Yslen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 18:33   #18
Anfield
Hypermodder

Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.
Huh? Hitman games hard to play? sure getting away with a perfect hit was usually not exactly easy, but that didn't make the Games as a whole more difficult, it just provided reasons to replay the games, especially in combination with the insane number of possible ways to finish the missions.
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 19:30   #19
thil
Multimodder

thil has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This won't end well. Hitman was a puzzle game, not a shooter or stealth game (as such): it's inherently cerebal, not based on reflexes.
thil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 22:59   #20
alf-
Multimodder

alf- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
not to worried about the "easier to play" i would imagine that simply means easier difficulty's will be, well easier, i can't see them getting rid of the "hardcore" elements of the game for the highest difficulty's.
alf- is offline   Reply With Quote