1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Hitman: Absolution to be more accessible

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 31 May 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. coolius

coolius What's a Dremel?

Can't wait!

3. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

4. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

I hope this broader approach doesn't mess up the gameplay that is so unique to hitman. And I hope "broader" doesn't mean more generic or homogeneous, because it would be ashame if they tried to reach a broader audience after all a "broader audience" might mean; less stealth, more explosions, more guns and action.

This in my opinion would dilute and sour the Hitman series.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Don't **** it up, don't **** it up, don't **** it up.

Please don't **** it up.

I want more hard as hell game play.

6. Uno1_

Uno1_ What's a Dremel?

If they set it up so that hits are still complex, challenging, and rewarding when you find a way that works, and the only change is to smooth the interface, then they've got a winner on their hands. My ideal game is Hitman's setting (not neccesarily story), Splinter Cell and Thief's stealth, and Assassin's Creed's ease of movement. (Not parkour, and being able to shimmy up the side of buildings like it aint no thang, but rather being able to interact with the environment fluidly.)

7. pimlicosound

pimlicosound What's a Dremel?

Wow, I expected a barrage of comments complaining that the new game will no doubt be "consolified pap for kiddies", with calls to boycott the developer until IO respects its PC gamer roots. I'm actually impressed with the level-headedness prevailing so far in this comments thread!

8. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Waitwhat???

Hitman is one of those game that fits all tastes. If you want to complete any level (just complete) it is kinda easy. If you want to complete it PERFECTLY (not being spotted, hide all bodies and such) then the game is "not so easy".

Hitman is one of the most well balanced games ever, and they want to dumb it?

I have the feeling that "blood money" (without the blood) is in the table. as liratheal said:
    Please don't **** it up!!

9. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

I didn't know they were supposed to be that hard? I'm sick of the constant dumbing down of games lately. Anyway please don't **** it up and I'll be happy.

10. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I only ever play BM, but it seemed balanced to me

11. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

You give any of the first couple of Hitman games to an ADHD addled 13 year old CODBLOPS player and I guarantee they'll find it hard as hell.

The trick for IO is to make a game that caters to us hardcore players whilst selling like hot-cakes to the kiddies. It's no good making a game that caters to the few dedicated fans if it doesn't sell very well and we get no more Hitman titles.

12. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

My cynical side says that their comments about hardcore gamers are just lip-service, as they always are from developers/publishers when announcing that the next title is going to be dumbed down.
    The promise that changes to 'broaden the appeal' and 'widen the audience' won't dilute the experience for hardcore players almost never holds true in reality.

My (weaker, less vehement) optimistic side says that IO is a good, smaller dev studio and that the game will probably still be enjoyable.

As others have said; I don't see a need for this. Blood Money felt very balanced to me; but then I've been playing baldystealclothesandkillpeople since the first game wowed me with ragdoll physics and challenging levels in 2000.
    As above, Please don't **** it up (like so many other developers do these days).

13. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

^ This. The game was great it was just the controls and interface that let it down.

14. Seraphim401

Seraphim401 What's a Dremel?

So they want to make the game easy for dumb-asses.
    Anyone that can tie their shoelaces can play Hitman (without cheating).

15. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

Bah! to stealth. I want to walk

16. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

Bah, again. iPhone fail.

I don't care so much about stealth, as long as I get to walk around dressed as the leather dude from The Village People, or a k

17. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

It's already perfect, don't mess with it please.

18. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Huh? Hitman games hard to play? sure getting away with a perfect hit was usually not exactly easy, but that didn't make the Games as a whole more difficult, it just provided reasons to replay the games, especially in combination with the insane number of possible ways to finish the missions.

19. thil

thil What's a Dremel?

This won't end well. Hitman was a puzzle game, not a shooter or stealth game (as such): it's inherently cerebal, not based on reflexes.

20. alf-

alf- Minimodder

not to worried about the "easier to play" i would imagine that simply means easier difficulty's will be, well easier, i can't see them getting rid of the "hardcore" elements of the game for the highest difficulty's.

Tags: Add Tags