bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 31st May 2011, 13:11   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Asus announces Vulcan ANC Republic of Gamers headset

Asus' new headet features active noise cancelling and a Bluetooth connection.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...ming-headset/1
Old 31st May 2011, 13:24   #2
Canon
Reformed

Canon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for president
A lovely headset, will look forward to the review. Off-topic-ish: On the subject of Computex, please go and spill something nasty on Gigabyte's display, it is FAR too clean.
Old 31st May 2011, 13:50   #3
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The girl is more impressive...
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 14:27   #4
Lenderz
Supermodder

Lenderz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lenderz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lenderz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lenderz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lenderz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lenderz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lenderz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lenderz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lenderz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lenderz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Lenderz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I've had mixed experiences with wireless headsets, whilst I prefer them their battery life tends to suck. I'd be interested to know how long these would last.
Lenderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 14:28   #5
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Wireless.... hmm. Great, but does that mean its going to be:

A) heavy with batteries
B) running out of juice all the time

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 14:28   #6
vampalan
Multimodder

vampalan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Off topic, but.. walk around Taipei at the right area at the right time, and cute girls are all over the place.
vampalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 14:33   #7
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [USRF]Obiwan View Post
The girl is more impressive...
Just what I was thinking. Headset does look good though. Be interesting to see if it clamps onto your head like a vice..I kinda get that impression from the look of it.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 14:39   #8
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
That't an impressive set of boots...errr, Headset
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 14:43   #9
Unknownsock
Supermodder

Unknownsock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Asus sure know how to make ugly gear!
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 14:49   #10
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
So... would she be part of the standard package?

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 15:24   #11
EdwardTeach
Multimodder

EdwardTeach has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lovely pair of boots!
Intel Core i7 930, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, Asus ATI Radeon HD 5850, Patriot Viper 6GB, Intel X25-M Mainstream 80GB, Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB, Corsair HX 750W, Fractal Design Define R2 Midi Tower Case - Silver Arrow
EdwardTeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 17:28   #12
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
In the market for a good headset....any idea what this is compatible with?
Old 31st May 2011, 18:02   #13
Fredrics
Hmm...

Fredrics has yet to learn the way of the DremelFredrics has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Will be damn expensive so I doubt I would get them
Old 31st May 2011, 21:00   #14
Ficky Pucker
Ultramodder

Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.
gaming headset with active noise cancelling and wireless, looks like sound quality was the last thing they care about lol.
Ficky Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 23:56   #15
TWeaK
Supermodder

TWeaK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like an attractive girl as much as the next, but does anyone else think that the temporary tattoo was just a little bit too much?

I'll soon be in the market for a good headset (at a good price) so maybe I might look into this when it comes. Saying that though, the general vibe I've got is that I'm better off going for a great set of headphones and a separate mic, so it'd have to really hit the spot.

@edit: Just noticed the Active Noise-Cancelling feature - my girlfriend will love these! I already get loads of stick for not hearing her when I've got headphones on

@editedit: Ooo Bluetooth too, if I the mic can be stashed away maybe it could be tolerable as a headset on the move.. Just about any Bluetooth speakers I've seen are rubbish, being designed for calls rather than sound quality. It would be good if these were the ultimate all-rounder headset, but maybe I'm just dreaming
TWeaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2011, 01:05   #16
Xtrafresh
It never hurts to help

Xtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run Crysis
Theak, for quality sound Bluetooth headset on the move, there's no replacement for the Plantronics 590a. I'm halfway in my second pair now
Old 1st Jun 2011, 04:03   #17
Whindog
Supermodder

Whindog has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Im all for a good heaset but i can only imagine how much the price of these will be.......AND how bad the sound quality is gonna be.

I hope they prove me wrong, but i cant see it.

Also how will it work with sound cards.......( I know its bluetooth, but how may 3.5mm to Bluetooth adapters you seen??)
Old 1st Jun 2011, 04:08   #18
SpAceman
Supermodder

SpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Looks pretty good. I have been waiting for a decent wireless gaming headset. I never liked that Logitech G930. the receiver looks... Ugly. If this uses a Bluetooth connection I would imagine I could use any dongle I wanted instead of a big unsightly one. Also the red will match my keyboard backlight and case lighting.
SpAceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2011, 13:26   #19
Ahadihunter1
Modder

Ahadihunter1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
get a good sennheiser for the better. don't waste your money on this junk.... remember republic of gamers mars? the dual 280 gtx graphics card was it? anyway my crossfire 4850 was making progress without the cliche... and £1000 price tag.
Ahadihunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote