bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 31st May 2011, 18:35   #1
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Be Quiet! Shows New, Even Quieter PSU

New PSU case design helps to lower noise even further

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...-quieter-psu/1

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 19:32   #2
bogie170
Supermodder

bogie170 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks good, will it be better than the Corsair AX 850 is the question?
bogie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 19:51   #3
Picarro
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Veeeery nice indeed. Might make its way into my server.
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 5gHz -:- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 -:- 2x4 gbCorsair Vengeance 1,5v 1600mHz -:- Gigabyte Windforce X3 GTX 670 -:- Crucial M4 128 gb -:- Samsung F3 Spinpoint 640 gb -:- Corsair H60 with 2x Gentle Typhoon 1850 in push-pull -:- Corsair HX650 -:- Lian Li A05FN -:- Dell U2410 flanked by 2x Dell U2001FP -:- BenQ W1000+ -:-
Picarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 23:07   #4
TWeaK
Supermodder

TWeaK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great stuff, using Seasonic will always get a thumbs up from me. I'd have one of their PSU's now, if I hadn't been looking for one when they were phasing out the model Bit-Tech recommended (the next model wasn't tested, when it was it wasn't great. I went for Seasonic instead )
TWeaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2011, 23:25   #5
mrbens
Supermodder

mrbens has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I thought all PSUs had a rubber trim these days? My Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W that I've had for over 3 years does. It also has the most gorgeous all black, flat, modular cables:
My SilverStone TJ07B PC: Haswell i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming mobo | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB | Seasonic X-Series 750W PSU | Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Crucial M225 128GB SSD | OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD
Sound: Epiphany Acoustics' E-DAC & O2 Heahphone Amp | Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amp | Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600ohm Headphones (music) | Onkyo HT-S3305B AV Receiver + 5.1 speakers (movies)
mrbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2011, 00:19   #6
NickCPC
Multimodder

NickCPC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NickCPC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NickCPC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NickCPC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NickCPC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NickCPC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NickCPC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NickCPC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NickCPC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NickCPC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.NickCPC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Aren't a couple of these supposed to be 80+ Platinum?

Look forward to seeing reviews later in the year, and another +1 for the partnership with Seasonic (my X-650 is brilliant).
NickCPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2011, 09:33   #7
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Any word on power efficiency?
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2011, 13:14   #8
Jezcentral
Multimodder

Jezcentral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Will they be restoring the post-shutdown cooling ability they jettisoned for generation P7 (I think it was)?
Jezcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2011, 13:32   #9
Paul2011
Multimodder

Paul2011 has yet to learn the way of the DremelPaul2011 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
very nice, have one of their psu's in my htpc and i cant fault it at all
Paul2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2011, 14:02   #10
ffjason
Multimodder

ffjason can run Crysisffjason can run Crysisffjason can run Crysisffjason can run Crysisffjason can run Crysisffjason can run Crysisffjason can run Crysisffjason can run Crysisffjason can run Crysisffjason can run Crysisffjason can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezcentral View Post
Will they be restoring the post-shutdown cooling ability they jettisoned for generation P7 (I think it was)?
This has only caused my computers issues so I hope they dont.
ffjason is offline   Reply With Quote