bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 1st Jun 2011, 14:34   #1
neil_b
Multimodder

neil_b has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Will a PS3 game purchased in the US work in UK?

Per the title - any reason why a PS3 game purchased in the US won't work on a PS3 bought and used in the US? Not sure if there any issues with video standards etc...

Thanks.
neil_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2011, 15:23   #2
Plugs
Supermodder

Plugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for president
Technically a PS3 game from any region can work on a PS3 console from any region.
However multiplayer might be more complicated, some games may force you to play with others from the same region as the game. Other games will be fine.
Also i believe DLC is not region free, so you'll have to make sure any DLC is bought for the game's region.
Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2011, 15:23   #3
adam_bagpuss
Have you tried turning it off/on ?

adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
it should as the games arent region locked as far as im aware or they wernt on the PS3 "fat"

BR movies are locked though so they wont work
Old 1st Jun 2011, 15:26   #4
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_b View Post
Per the title - any reason why a PS3 game purchased in the US won't work on a PS3 bought and used in the US? Not sure if there any issues with video standards etc...

Thanks.
I would have thought that a U.S. PS3 game would work on a U.S. PS3 used in the U.S.

Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2011, 15:51   #5
neil_b
Multimodder

neil_b has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blademrk View Post
I would have thought that a U.S. PS3 game would work on a U.S. PS3 used in the U.S.
SORRY to everyone! I meant to say, will a PS3 game bought in the US work on a PS3 bought and used in the UK!!!!!!! Sorry!!!!!!!!
neil_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2011, 16:40   #6
adam_bagpuss
Have you tried turning it off/on ?

adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
lol well both me and plugs knew what you meant and read it like that
Old 1st Jun 2011, 17:46   #7
BitHeroes
What's a Dremel?

BitHeroes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yes, I think all US PS3 games will work on a UK PS3. I've imported a few myself.

One thing to remember: UK DLC will not work in most cases, so that can cause headaches having to buy DLC from the US store as you need a card nad address registered in the US.
BitHeroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2011, 18:24   #8
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I imported Disgaea 3 because it took so long to be released over here. Works fine. Not tried any DLC though; it might not like that.
Old 1st Jun 2011, 18:31   #9
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

gilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for president
All playstation 3 games are region free.

I bought my playstation 3 in america and most of my games over here. All of them work no problem... cant play any ps2, ps1 or dvd's tho
Old 2nd Jun 2011, 09:22   #10
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
A word of caution. I bought GTA 4 when it was released while on holiday in the US. It plays perfectly well but the DLC is region locked. I purchased the ballad of gay tony but it requires the UK version to play so I can not access it with my US copy of the game.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2011, 21:55   #11
Professor Chaox
Minimodder

Professor Chaox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah, I ordered Demon's Souls from the US works fine, but as others have said you need to set up a US PSN account to download compatible DLC. Hope this helps.
Professor Chaox is offline   Reply With Quote