1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress COMPLETED PC-Reforged, won coolermaster 3rd place.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 1 Jun 2011.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

[​IMG]
    With this Case I have tried my best to pay tribute to the two letters that have changed the world. "P" and "C". "PC-Reforged" is the result of ca. 4 months of work and many mind boggling hours of geometric hurdles. Getting the geometry right was the biggest challenge with this case. I literally forced myself into this case form just to see if I could make it.
    IT LOOKS LIKE HAMMERED FORGED IRON ORE, BUT ITS MADE OF WOOD.
    Based upon an ATOM 2x1.6 GHz CPU on an ITX board with 2 Gbyte of Ram and 500Gbyte HDD. A Card-reader and 6x Front Usb 2.0 connections. Wlan and DVD-Writer.
    PC-Reforged is the result of many experiments with wood and paintwork. Layers and layers of furneer stuck to eachother and carefully applied and stuck to the rib cage in hours and hours of patient work. I have tried to give it a rustical smith-made metalic look, even though its all made entirely of wood.
    I gave it a hammered metal paintjob. When taking a close look you will find more than one constellation of letters silently hinting the presence of the hardware components. Like I mentioned the geometry was the main challenge. The whole case is exactly measured to hold the mainboard, DVD-drive and hard disk etc..
    Getting the curves of the serifed "P" and "C" was indeed not easy., but I think I made a not too bad job of it.
    The 2 letters have copper hammered look shades and are standing on copper hammered look basement stands respectively. The back pane can be removed by sliding it backwards to reveal the also hammer copper looking intestines of the case.
    Wires and cables are all enclosed and hidden in the hold and are also covered with copper looking plates.

Its cooled and monitored with two Coolermaster Fans which are also in copper hammered look. A hidden green array of LEDs sets its backside when turned on. I have also touched up a wireless mouse and keyboard to complete the set
    After working for at least 400 to 420 hours on it, I am myself
    surprised that i managed the form and its hard to believe that I worked out almost according to plan.
    And here it is, the finished product, PC REFORGED
    [​IMG]
    have also made a monitor with keyboard, mouse, usb-mousepad, desk-clock and speakers too. they all in all sort of complete the set too
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 22 Jun 2015
  2. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

have also made a monitor with keyboard, mouse, usb-mousepad, desk-clock and speakers too. they all in all sort of complete the set too

Hi guys here is an update.
    This case qualified at the 2011 DCMM in Cologne and was featured in German Television.
    Here is the Link for all those interested.
    also some new pics from the making of worklog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMduN09xCgs

MORE TO COME..

Last edited: 22 Jun 2015
  3. ColdzeroTeam

ColdzeroTeam What's a Dremel?

wow... very nice work :)
    congrats

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Looks fantastic mate, well done.

5. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

looks cool... i have that mouse mat! :D