bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 17th Jun 2011, 12:29   #21
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Cleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shael View Post
Interesting design, cant quite see the end result yet but will be watching this one for sure
Thanks, I wanted to do an orginal design. At least, I think it hasn't been done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
That is a complex design but really well executed!!!! I cant imagine how its gonna look when its finished but that makes it more interesting!!! Mod on bro!
Hey bro thank. They are both equally complex That fiberglass looks nasty though. I'm eager to get to the carbon fiber part of my case.
Cleveland216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2011, 13:03   #22
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
What on earth is happening here :O

Definitely keeping an eye on this.
Old 18th Jun 2011, 19:17   #23
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Cleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jipa View Post
What on earth is happening here :O

Definitely keeping an eye on this.
Best comment ever, imo!
Old 18th Jun 2011, 20:08   #24
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Update: Wing Attachment

The bulkheads were the last pieces that needed to be fabricated in order to attach the wing to the Main/Radiator Compartments.

Got them attached.

Finally attached the wing to the Radiator Compartment. When the Radiator is installed it should bring rigidity and support to the entire wing structure. When the skin is applied to the entire case, this will theoricatically reinforce the entire structure, though, I dont want to depend on the case cover.

I may make some other bulkhead brackets to reinforce the Radiator Compartment, if the radiator fails to bring proper support to the wing.

Old 27th Jun 2011, 12:21   #25
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

update: right wing

Its been a moment since I have logged. Been busy with writing a paper on possible climate change. In the time I could spare, I worked on SR-X. I pretty much had the left wing done, so I started work on the right wing.

I already cut-out the pieces for the Radiator Compartment frames. I just need to fab up the bulkheads for the right side

I re-worked the process in the way I would build the right wing. I didnt want to cut and make each bracket by itself since that can be very time consuming. So I just took the angle and pre-measured each bracket and hole and than drilled the whole angle at once. Once the angle was drilled with the small holes than I could take the bulkheads and pencil in where the holes had to be on each bulkhead. From there it was re-drill to bigger hole to accomdate the binding post and cut each bracket off.

I made special marks to keep the brackets from getting out of order. Further long, I just went to numbering the brackets. I may stamp each bracket and frame piece in the future to ease down the possible confusion that can happen.

I turned to installing the front main bulkhead for the Main Compartment. I had to re-work the bracket design, so some of the old holes will not be used anymore.

Well, now comes the part that modders dread. When you made something and it is completely WRONG! That is what happened when I started to finally assemble the right wing and one bulkhead was not lining up. I had to go over my Sketchup blueprint and saw that the bulkheads were completely upside down from how they should have been. TO the Trash with those.

BAD

How is technically should be

After some re-cutting and drilling. I did manage to start to piece back together the right wing assembly with the left wing assembly needing to be completely re-done. Some times, things just happen.

Here is what is done so far, Now.

Old 27th Jun 2011, 22:46   #26
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That looks bloody awesome!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 23:01   #27
jamsand
Ultramodder

jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.
That thing looks HUGE!!!!, can't wait to see it all put together....mmmh carbon-fiber yummy. should look quite stealthy
jamsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2011, 01:00   #28
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
That looks bloody awesome!
Thanks for your support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsand View Post
That thing looks HUGE!!!!, can't wait to see it all put together....mmmh carbon-fiber yummy. should look quite stealthy
Yes it does It wont fit in my Trailblazer when it is done. Guess it is going on the roof
Old 28th Jun 2011, 02:05   #29
Warsmith
Enginseer

Warsmith has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Loving this build! I do have one question though. Where you gonna put this behemoth when its finished?
Warsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2011, 12:25   #30
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsmith View Post
Loving this build! I do have one question though. Where you gonna put this behemoth when its finished?
Thanks for the support. I'm still figuring that out!! Maybe wall mount or something
Old 29th Jun 2011, 03:02   #31
Shael
Multimodder

Shael has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
now all you need to do is get some mini jet engines, remote control and a weapon system and use your new pc to blow up your foes for real when online.

Defiantely starting to see how it looks now. Good work keep it up

In design process & upcomming - SP4C3D
Shael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 18:38   #32
bboybaker
Minimodder

bboybaker has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I want to see more upgrades, good job
bboybaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2011, 14:42   #33
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Update: Weekend

Weekend Update! Over this past weekend, which is Independence Day here in the USA, I had time to work on SR-X. I did little bits of work over the past week.

I was able to finally get done both wing assemblies and mount them. I ran out of binding post during the week and it jus so happened that I was going to be going by their facility. I stopped in and picked up 250 more binding post.

I drugged SR-X outside and took some pics of the corrected frame. Also gives reference to how big SR-X is.

It wont fit in back!

The inner frame brackets for the Main Compartment were up next on the fabrication block. I failed epically the first two times around in trying to get the angles and bends right.

Finally got it right on the third try

I left the aluminum panel in the pic to put pressure on the frame. I needed both of my hands to take the pic.

There will be two frame pieces. I ran out of material so I'm dead in the water till this week. These pieces will be modified even more to accomodate the cover.

I'm looking at landing gear right now from RC models hhhmmm
Old 4th Jul 2011, 17:05   #34
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice aircraft been looking a little bit on F-117A maybe? anyway, love it!
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2011, 17:19   #35
Stem83
Addicted to modding.

Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
impressive.
Stem83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2011, 17:24   #36
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmannen View Post
nice aircraft been looking a little bit on F-117A maybe? anyway, love it!
Thanks, Stay Tuned, its only going to get more interesting!!! Just got to get this climate paper done, so I work on it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem83 View Post
impressive.
Thanks bro
Old 4th Jul 2011, 19:11   #37
bboybaker
Minimodder

bboybaker has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great spaceship mod
bboybaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2011, 02:15   #38
Shael
Multimodder

Shael has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
very nice work Plz tell me this is going to hang from the ceiling when its completed so it hovers above the desk

In design process & upcomming - SP4C3D
Shael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2011, 03:35   #39
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Interesting, but god those fixings are horrible! They're grossly outsize and the slot is archaic compared to the rest of the design, which is just right for an aircraft. I hope we won't be able to see any of them when it's all done?

Alternatively, have you considered bonding all this stuff together? They make aluminium adhesives these days that will withstand enormous force.
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2011, 12:28   #40
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboybaker View Post
Great spaceship mod
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shael View Post
very nice work Plz tell me this is going to hang from the ceiling when its completed so it hovers above the desk
Thanks bro. Lol, ya I have a small apartment that already looks like a mad computer labortary. I'll 3M it to the wall like mnpctech did to their one computer at their window. Hold on Hold on, I'll set-up a poll when done and get some ideas or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSilver View Post
Interesting, but god those fixings are horrible! They're grossly outsize and the slot is archaic compared to the rest of the design, which is just right for an aircraft. I hope we won't be able to see any of them when it's all done?

Alternatively, have you considered bonding all this stuff together? They make aluminium adhesives these days that will withstand enormous force.
There are two intentions here. One is that the Core structure must be able to withstand a vaccum infusion process. A vaccum with put alot of force onto any substructure, so I needed a solid Core when the Carbon Fiber-TI composite goes down. Secondly, it is for looks. On real aircraft they use rivets, more or less. My intention was to use rivets, though, due to clearance and assembly issues, I chose these binding post. Which in some effect give the same feel and look.

When the vaccum infusion is done, I may remake some of the wing structure to bring the wieght down and incorporate possible hardware into the wing's. I dont know yet, cause I"m just not at the point to decide. Jus stay tuned

Last edited by Cleveland216; 5th Jul 2011 at 12:36.

Tags
carbon fiber, de-molding, gelcoat, molding, vacuum resin infusion

View Mode