bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 3rd Jun 2011, 11:15   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Tomb Raider reboot gets 2012 release date

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...release-date/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 11:25   #2
heir flick
Hypermodder

heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
could be good, Crystal Dynamics has done a pretty decent job of tomb raider in the past, always been a bit of a lara fanboi so roll on tight vest and big bangers
heir flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 11:47   #3
PingCrosby
Supermodder

PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
"Lara will begin the game as a young woman setting out on an expedition aboard the ship Endurance, but gets ship-wrecked on a strange island with hostile inhabitants." It was actually Hartlepool.
PingCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 12:12   #4
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Needs bigger boobs.
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 13:50   #5
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
hmmm Lara got a breast reduction job?...

Anyways, the animation is great and I like the galleon in the background. I am yet to play guardian of light...

do I need to?
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 14:04   #6
Mentai
Hypermodder

Mentai has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
@Yemerich

This is Lara's origin story, she hasn't had her breast implants yet. Duh.

I actually love how this looks, including Lara Croft. Never thought I would find her attractive so props to Crystal Dynamics on art direction at least. Q4 2012 is a long time away though, considering the length of time they've been working on this. Here's hoping for something amazing.
Mentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 15:24   #7
BitJKar
What's a Dremel?

BitJKar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm getting a really bad vibe from this new Croft. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like this girl couldn't make her way through a gym, let alone an ancient tomb filled with lions and tigers and bears. [oh my]

Where's the swagger?
BitJKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 15:58   #8
Kiytan
Shiny

Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
wow, that's a really good trailer. looking forward to it.
Kiytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 16:09   #9
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Lara is going to have to do an awful lot to compete with Nathan Drake in the game stakes.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 16:25   #10
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I hope they get a good voice actress, Uncharted games are better purely because Drake's voice actor is great.
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 17:04   #11
Lazy_Amp
Entry AMD Engineer

Lazy_Amp has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So I've seen a few references that this is slated for PC as well? In which case, sign me up!
Lazy_Amp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 17:04   #12
Kris
Lord Lolwut

Kris has yet to learn the way of the DremelKris has yet to learn the way of the DremelKris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMaltor
Needs bigger boobs.
I'd argue you there - they're perfectly proper boobs right there.

oh and Tomb raider trailer, imma let you finish, but Dead Island had one of the best game trailers of all time. Of ALL time!
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 17:16   #13
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
It was a very nice trailer, but square have a history of making great CG cut scenes. How the game will actually play remains to be seen.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2011, 05:13   #14
jakobfrimmel
Supermodder

jakobfrimmel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
the graphixxxx look sexeeee
Motherboard: Gigabyte 890xA-ud3
RAM: 4gb ddr3 1600 OCZ @1600
jakobfrimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2011, 11:19   #15
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PingCrosby View Post
"Lara will begin the game as a young woman setting out on an expedition aboard the ship Endurance, but gets ship-wrecked on a strange island with hostile inhabitants." It was actually Hartlepool.
Does she hang a monkey?

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2011, 16:34   #16
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobfrimmel View Post
the graphixxxx look sexeeee
cgi
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2011, 18:16   #17
TomH
Bwahahahahaha

TomH has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by PingCrosby
Nonsense, it's not an island!
Old 6th Jun 2011, 10:30   #18
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I hope they get a good voice actress, Uncharted games are better purely because Drake's voice actor is great.
Plus Uncharted has a better story, script, game play, art direction and pretty much everything else. Lara has the name and the heritage but she will competing directly with two the of best games of this generation.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 22:55   #19
toolio20
Modder

toolio20 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, someone has finally modeled LC's face in an realistically attractive manner - looks like having to compete with Uncharted has brought the realization that cartoony-looking Lara is an anachronism. However, this preview suggests "Blatant Uncharted Clone" (though any judgement at this point is monstrously premature).

The first Tomb Raider was as revolutionary as it was evolutionary, and should hold a fond place in the heart of any gamer who played it upon release. With that said, its hard to see Tomb Raider defining or even re-defining a genre again. But if Square-Enix and Crystal Dynamics focus less on paradigms and more on creating a well-structured, cleverly-paced game with tight controls and a story that doesn't insult the player's intelligence...well, they won't need to worry with any of that.

At the very least, it'll be bittersweet fun to see how they screw this up...
toolio20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2011, 03:12   #20
erratum1
Banned

erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.
New Lara looks hot, the women talking has a sexy voice as well.

I hope this game is good, I like the previous Tomb raider games.

Last edited by erratum1; 12th Jun 2011 at 03:24.
erratum1 is offline   Reply With Quote