bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 3rd Jun 2011, 10:54   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Intel announces ‘ultrabook’

Intel has announced the ultrabook. Smaller and cheaper than a netbook, what’s so ultra about it?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...es-ultrabook/1
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 11:08   #2
StoneyMahoney
Multimodder

StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
When the pics aren't pre-production renders, then I'll be interested. Intentions mean bugger all.
StoneyMahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 11:12   #3
maximus09
Forever n00b

maximus09 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
please don't say the A word!

what is a word for something lower than underwhelmed?
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 11:16   #4
Bateau
Liquid nitrogen is the answer!

Bateau has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Although they were fuzzy on details this is almost everything I want/need in a notebook. Hopefully the screen resolution is at least 1440x900 as anything lower is a bit restrictive. An IPS panel would be good. Also, a matte option for the screen would be welcomed.
Bateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 11:24   #5
Bonedoctor
Have you turned it off & on again?

Bonedoctor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
They ain't renders. JUst do a quick you-tube search and you'll see some video of these running. No specs yet but definitely past the dream stage.
Bonedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 11:25   #6
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
The only question about the UX21 is when.
Main: Silverstone FT03 | Asus P8P67-M Pro | i5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz | CM 212+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon 7970 DD | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo | CM Silent Pro Gold 600W | Samsung XL2270HD | KBT Race (brown switches) | Sidewinder X8 | Arch Linux + Windows 8.1
Server: Asus M3N78-AM | Athlon II X3 400e | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 4x 2TB Samsung F4EG (RAID-5) | LSI MegaRAID 8708EM2 | Corsair CX400 | Arch Linux
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 11:29   #7
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Atom powered ones = Not interested
Ivy Bridge powered ones = Very interested.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 12:52   #8
Goty
Supermodder

Goty has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Smaller and lighter than a netbook!
As fast as a notebook!
Less battery life than a DTR notebook!

Yeah, not really interested
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 13:39   #9
dyzophoria
Supermodder

dyzophoria has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyMahoney View Post
When the pics aren't pre-production renders, then I'll be interested. Intentions mean bugger all.
so negative

here is one ( there alot more , just seach the intarwebs)

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/30/a...-cpu-video-ha/
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 15:24   #10
sleepygamer
More Metal Than Thou

sleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus09
please don't say the A word!

what is a word for something lower than underwhelmed?
Press [SPACE] to say the A word.
Lazarus | CPU | Intel C2Q Q9400 @ 2.66Ghz | RAM | 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ Reaper DDR2 666MHz @ 5-6-6-15 | Mobo | ASUS P5B Deluxe | GPU | EVGA GTX460 1GB SC | SSD/Boot | Kingston 64GB SSDNow V | HDD/Storage | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | PSU | Silverstone Strider 700W | Case | NZXT M59 | Monitor | 20" LG Flatron | Keyboard | Razer Lycosa Mirror | Mouse | Razer Lachesis Wraith Red
I also blog! - It's about hardware and stuff! // Latest review: Sennheiser HD 215 Headphones
I also tweet! - sleepygamester
sleepygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 15:55   #11
rinseout
What's a Dremel?

rinseout has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is all fine, but can it play Crysis?
rinseout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 16:31   #12
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyMahoney View Post
That puppy is real!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...79161458793927

We're the first to use a new SB mobile CPU from Intel with it.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 16:58   #13
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinseout
This is all fine, but can it play Crysis?
Probably not but I can understand why you would ask hahaha
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 17:16   #14
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.
Battery life?

Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 17:38   #15
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Too early to say yet - the two models were hand made for the show just a week ago. It's still got months of rigorous testing and sampling to go through.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2011, 17:00   #16
Rustypouch
Multimodder

Rustypouch has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Sean Maloney explained that Intel was changing as a company in order to compete with ARM in the mobile market.
Compete? More like "do away with ARM in the mobile market".

Should be interesting to see what innovations we get in the mobile market, now that the Big Fish is stepping up it's game.
Old 5th Jun 2011, 02:09   #17
Andy Mc
I *am* a Dremel

Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzophoria

here is one ( there alot more , just seach the intarwebs)

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/30/a...-cpu-video-ha/
OOOH! Hope it is i5..... WOuld love it if it was