bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 6th Jun 2011, 12:47   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Blizzard hiring PS3 developers for Diablo 3

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...for-diablo-3/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 12:53   #2
jcb121
Modder

jcb121 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks lame.
jcb121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 13:13   #3
Salty Wagyu
moo

Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Err well I hope this doesn't dumb down the PC version of Diablo 3. Crysis 2 anyone?
Old 6th Jun 2011, 13:15   #4
JonBoyJ
What's a Dremel?

JonBoyJ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
no your lame lol
JonBoyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 13:23   #5
FelixTech
Robot

FelixTech has yet to learn the way of the DremelFelixTech has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
'fuelling speculation'? Seems like a pretty clear statement of intention! Although it may be quite Blizzard-like to have a go at porting it and then give up if they're not happy with the port.
Old 6th Jun 2011, 13:30   #6
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
There go any chances of Diablo III being good.
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 13:46   #7
Faunus
Multimodder

Faunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by docodine
There go any chances of Diablo III being good.
Not so. D3 afaik has been under dev for the PC for many years. What this indicates is that the PC release is winding up and the PS3 version is going to be based on the PC version, rather than the other way around.

I have confidence that Blizzard aren't going to console-trend this game.

$ chown -R nobody:nobody /
Faunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 14:24   #8
tozsam
Multimodder

tozsam has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
do PS owers even know what Diablo is?
tozsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 14:28   #9
Tomhyde1986
Supermodder

Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tomhyde1986 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I don't really see this as a bad thing. Diablo 3 will still be great.

Torchlight turned out fine on consoles. It kinda proved with enough effort and care a point and click RPG can be made to work on a control pad.

From a graphical point of view I doubt there will be a massive difference between a console and the PC due to the stylized nature of the graphics.

I guess having it on two platforms also gives me more opportunities to play with my mates as they aren't PC gamers.

Mostly its a win win situation as far as I can see. It just depends on how the port is handled.
Tomhyde1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 14:52   #10
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run Crysis
Just bring out the bloody game already! Gah...!

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 14:54   #11
Speed
I'm all you need!

Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tozsam View Post
Yeah, its called xBox...
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 14:59   #12
Picarro
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
No. NO NO NO. No. NOOOOOO. **** this.
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 5gHz -:- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 -:- 2x4 gbCorsair Vengeance 1,5v 1600mHz -:- Gigabyte Windforce X3 GTX 670 -:- Crucial M4 128 gb -:- Samsung F3 Spinpoint 640 gb -:- Corsair H60 with 2x Gentle Typhoon 1850 in push-pull -:- Corsair HX650 -:- Lian Li A05FN -:- Dell U2410 flanked by 2x Dell U2001FP -:- BenQ W1000+ -:-
Picarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 15:14   #13
Arkanrais
Supermodder

Arkanrais has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Am I the only one who played the original Diablo on the playstation and saw the original Starcraft on the N64?
Blizzard have done console games before, and they didnt harm the games PC release at all. I remember wondering whether it was worth saving my game on diablo and having the save data take up a whole memory card, or if to just save my character and only use 1 memory block. I also remember playing 2 player coop Diablo on the ps1 and it worked just fine.
I didnt play starcraft 64 though, but knowing blizzard, they most likely pulled it off pretty well on the system.

Maybe if they're going to go the extra mile, they'll support keyboard/mouse for PS3 with Diablo 3 or whatever diablo game they're releasing.
Arkanrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 16:53   #14
flipman
What's a Dremel?

flipman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I played diablo 1 back when i had a ps1 so i think they know diablo on playstation. LoL
I don't like to play these games with a remote i only want a keyboard and mouse for this like the first 2 games was for me, because the ps1 i played didn't feel good when i tried killing the Butcher the first time it was bad
flipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 17:30   #15
Puzzu
Multimodder

Puzzu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I wonder if it would be possible to play with other players on a Console/ PC coop?
Puzzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 17:47   #16
themax
Ultramodder

themax has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by tozsam View Post
I remember neither knowing of, nor caring about Blizzard and their games (especially on PC) until I played Diablo on PSOne at a friend's house.
CoD4 Class "Ghost" - MP5 Silenced/ UAV Jammer/ Silent Step
Shhh be very very qwuiet....I'm hunting snipers....
themax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 20:42   #17
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I don't see the huge deal for once. It's not like Diablo 3 was setting itself to be graphically sutnning, its current graphics looks like they could easy be scaled down for a PS3 version and, let's be honest, it's not like Diablo games have complex input that would be hindered by consoles. You effectively use two buttons, the rest is just menus.

Not saying that I, as a PC and PS3 ownder, would want to buy the console version over the PC version, just that a port of this game likely wouldn't have many negative side effects.
Old 6th Jun 2011, 23:06   #18
Emoticon Fury
Minimodder

Emoticon Fury has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
News flash idiots and haters, Diablo 1 came out for PS1 and it was a fine game for both platforms (I played both)...

http://pwned.com/gamecovers/playstat...835-Diablo.jpg
Emoticon Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 16:56   #19
XXAOSICXX
Supermodder

XXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
News flash, short sighted individuals living in the past...

The last 5 years has seen countless perfectly good (and some perfectly average) games made perfectly unplayable by horrific consolification. Not that I'm suggesting that Blizzard/Activillain won't do a good job of it, by the way...they've developed for PC first and are NOW talking about consoles...

..but...the trend (particularly amongst the big boys - EA/Ubi/Acti/Bioware) is to develop with stupid console controllers in mind and produce menu and user interfaces that would make grown men weep.

Thus, people (PC gamers) are justifiably concerned. And do bear in mind that Blizzard weren't Activision back when they made Diablo 1/2.

</rant>
XXAOSICXX is offline   Reply With Quote