bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 6th Jun 2011, 23:02   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Far Cry 3 announced

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...-3-announced/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 23:17   #2
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
after farcry 2 it can burn in hell
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 23:26   #3
mjm25
Supermodder

mjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
^lol bit harsh!

however 'slash, sneak and shoot [his] way across the island in a world that has lost all sense of morality' sounds a lot like "everyone will open fire without question" which was one of the worst things about the last one!!!
Old 6th Jun 2011, 23:32   #4
fargo
Multimodder

fargo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
far cry was brillant I loved it, but was totally disappointed in far cry 2 with all the missions and back tracking it
just killed the story and game play for me I hope they learned their lesson!!!
fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 23:36   #5
Glix
Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Glix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Trailer looked rubbish. Looks like more of Far Cry 2...
Glix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 23:36   #6
Pete J
RIP Kidmod

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith
Seconded. As much as I hate to judge a game before it comes out.
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 23:41   #7
smc8788
potato

smc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Hey, look on the bright side - at least it can't be worse than FC2.........can it?
Other stuff I own: [BenQ XL2411T/Dell 2407WFP] - [Razer Blackwidow Tournament Stealth] - [Zowie FK] - [Sennheiser HD800] - [Audez'e LCD2 rev. 2] - [Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies] - [Philips 46PFL9705H] - [Onkyo TX-NR515] - [B&W 685]

[Steam] - [Battlelog]
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 23:43   #8
alf-
Multimodder

alf- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hopefully they will fix the so called "smart" NPC behaviour which in reality was more like a godlike ai, precision like aiming, being able to see you through cover and when driving always being able to somehow catch up.

but most importantly i hope they fix the retarded checkpoints, that miraculously/magically rebuilt themselves
including all the people, as soon as you move away or enter another building.

and the map although big, was empty, exploring was dull not to mention you couldn't actually explore a lot of places as they were inaccessible.

actually far-cry 2 was so full of faults it's probably best they change everything,
alf- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2011, 23:54   #9
feedayeen
Multimodder

feedayeen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfeedayeen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfeedayeen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfeedayeen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfeedayeen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What's the point in incrementing the Far Cry title? None of the games are even tangentially related to each other!
feedayeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 00:15   #10
Bede
Ultramodder

Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
For the same 2 reasons as the 'Command & Conquer' label was applied to Generals:

1. Brand recognition = increased sales.
2. Shared central philosophy - base building RTS in the case of Generals, open world shooter in the case of Far Cry.
Coolermaster 690 II Advanced (white edition) | i5-2500K | MSI P67-GD53 | MSI GTX580 | 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 1.5V | Gelid Tranquillo | Asus Xonar DS | 700W Coolermaster Silent Pro M | Corsair Force Series 3 60GB | Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Bede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 00:34   #11
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Anything they dish out will be better than Farcry 2. No amount of "Far Cry 2 is Underappreciated" articles could possibly make that game any less gash.
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 00:42   #12
Darkefire
Multimodder

Darkefire has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I remember FC2 being incredibly fun for a while, I enjoyed clearing out most of Africa's population with my sniper rifle. Crytek makes great tech demos, but they completely suck at making games.
Darkefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 00:47   #13
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkefire View Post
I remember FC2 being incredibly fun for a while, I enjoyed clearing out most of Africa's population with my sniper rifle. Crytek makes great tech demos, but they completely suck at making games.
incorrect, the farcry IP was retained by ubisoft when it was published and they kept it when Crytek moved over to EA.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 01:29   #14
SpAceman
Supermodder

SpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I actually liked Far Cry 2. It had it's faults but I still enjoyed it. I can only imagine all the complaints about Far Cry 2 will be fixed somehow for Far Cry 3.
SpAceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 01:50   #15
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith
Seconded. As much as I hate to judge a game before it comes out.
Agreed

It can burn
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 02:58   #16
Phil Rhodes
Hypernobber

Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I wonder if the people who are working on 3 ever bother perusing fora like this and noting what people didn't like about 2.

Do these companies have any sort of user-feedback revision effort like that?

I'm with the "2 wasn't a disaster" brigade and feel that if some of the more egregious problems had been fixed, it had the makings of something really special.
Phil Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 03:42   #17
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just watched a gameplay video of this, and it actually looks pretty awesome. Kudos.
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 04:33   #18
DwarfKiller
Multimodder

DwarfKiller has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was impressed with it, didn't have a clue what it was... then FarCry3 shows up on screen.
It looks like they learned from some of their (many many many many (you get where this is going) many many many) mistakes.
Could turn out well.
But have they learned the definition of insanity? Only tiem will tell.
Old 7th Jun 2011, 04:36   #19
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I just love the quoted bullshit... 'New character and new story'...

Guy stranded on tropical Island...

Umm... Been there done that... Where is the new story bit?
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 06:10   #20
SpAceman
Supermodder

SpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Its hard to imagine they won't fix the AI, the checkpoints and the poor mission variance. If we consider these fixes alongside the things that were great in Far Cry 2 like the health and weapon systems and hugely variable options when it comes to executing missions, I think we could end up with a really good game.
SpAceman is offline   Reply With Quote