bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th Jun 2011, 10:25   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
PlayStation Vita priced

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...-vita-priced/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 10:33   #2
tozsam
Multimodder

tozsam has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wow! A PSP but it has a phone!
tozsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 11:24   #3
Mentai
Hypermodder

Mentai has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by tozsam
wow! A PSP but it has a phone!
Uh, no it doesn't. It can just run its data through phone networks if you buy the right model. Although I guess there might be a skype app for it somewhere down the line. OH WAIT, MS bought that. So no phoning with the Vita.
Mentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 12:36   #4
Eggy
Multimodder

Eggy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Excellent price. Seems Sony has learned something in that regard. Don't see why anyone would buy the 3G model with wifi networks popping up almost everywhere.
Eggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 13:01   #5
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I have just one question: is it safe?
Old 7th Jun 2011, 13:03   #6
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Good news, I was hoping it'd be this price, and in direct competition with the 3DS - except not loaded out with 3D gimmicks, and actually having useful features. The rear touch panel is probably the most interesting, but the OLED screen is also a big plus.

I'll buy one on launch. So long PSP!
Cei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 13:17   #7
Glix
Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Glix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Can you confirm that it is this price?

Because the press conference made no mention of .
$249.99 and $299
249euro and 299euro
24980 yen and 29980yen

More likely they are going to try and make it 249 and 299...
Glix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 14:52   #8
Glix

Infact Game selling it for preorder at 279.99 for the 3G version: http://www.game.co.uk/Consoles/PSP/S...353611/?s=vita
Old 7th Jun 2011, 14:53   #9
Glix

And 229.99 for the wifi:
http://www.game.co.uk/PSP/Sony-PlayS...355209/?s=vita
Old 7th Jun 2011, 21:36   #10
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
Excellent price. Seems Sony has learned something in that regard. Don't see why anyone would buy the 3G model with wifi networks popping up almost everywhere.
The key is the almost, and being a mobile device if you were moving while playing online you'd certainly want an uninterrupted connection. I'll certainly be looking into the 3G model or finally getting a 3G equipped smartphone and tethering to that, continuous online mobile gaming sounds awesome.
Old 7th Jun 2011, 23:31   #11
bagman
I Mod, Therefore I Own

bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
looks quite good actually much better than the PSP, also it doesn't look like it is going to break if i were to put it loose in my rucksack

but if it comes out with the full fat version of the PS3 titles I will definitely buy one at some point
Old 8th Jun 2011, 09:06   #12
TWeaK
Supermodder

TWeaK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Since when was it 'good pricing' for someone to charge dollars for euors/pounds?? The prices this side of the pond should be much cheaper.
TWeaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 14:25   #13
ogrerullez
What's a Dremel?

ogrerullez has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
PS Vita Price:
Wi-Fi Model: 24,980 Yen (including tax), $249 and euro 249
3G/Wi-Fi Model: 29,980 Yen (including tax), $299 and euro 299
ogrerullez is offline   Reply With Quote