bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 9th Jun 2011, 13:19   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
id Software sceptical about hardcore Wii U games

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...rdcore-wii-u/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2011, 13:36   #2
Jake123456
All hail Olivia Wilde!!

Jake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Everytime I look at the Zelda Screenshot my excitement grows just a little bit more...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending Credits View Post
If I ejaculated a 1.5TB HDD I'd probably do it again from the excitement.
Jake123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2011, 14:48   #3
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
Why do Nintendo need to go for the "sigh", "hardcore" gamers? Other than using the controller as a motion tracker for Aliens: Colonial Marines there isnt anything that is going to make people change what they already have. The graphics aren't going to be anything special and most the games are cross platform.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2011, 15:24   #4
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
'The Nintendo market is a tough market for us to get into,' Willits explained. 'A lot of first party games, a lot of licensed games those are the ones that have done the best on that platform. I'd love it if we can get a hardcore FPS community going and build on it, but it's tough.'

Yah because online gaming on the wii is a joke. I'm almost convinced that ninendo is completely oblivious to how other companies are handling online gaming.

'I think we should keep our toes where we know best,' - By adding a new gimmick with each console while keeping the hardware and price point low. By having three new mario games and couple zelda games and couple good third party games.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2011, 16:53   #5
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Bit of an odd comment really, as quite a few of id's games have made it onto previous Nintendo consoles and they seemed to do pretty well. IIRC both Quake and Quake II were available on the N64, and Doom also made it to both the SNES and the GameBoy Advance. Obviously you couldn't put Doom III or Quake 4 on the GameCube/Wii as they didn't have the graphical power, but with a more powerful console, why not?
Old 9th Jun 2011, 17:44   #6
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Casual console will only attract casual players, Nintendo branded itself king of the casual with the Wii
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2011, 17:47   #7
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
fps hardcore.. console

what's wrong with this picture.. oh yeah I forgot
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2011, 18:54   #8
OCJunkie
OC your Dremel too

OCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelOCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelOCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelOCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodspoon
Nintendo branded itself king of the casual with the Wii
Bam.

"[...] cater to the hardcore market as well as others suggest." Huh, who the hell even mentionned that to begin with?

Of course they've got alot to be skeptical about, they're basically releasing a Wii with a brick that has a screen in it as a controller.

"'I think we should keep our toes where we know best,' he added." Yeah, good call Nintendo...
Gaming: CM 690 II A / XFX Pro850 XXX / GB 990FXA-UD3 / X4 955BE @3.8GHz - Hyper 212+ / 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 / XFX HD 6950 2GB - Twin Turbo Pro / OCZ Agility 3 60GB / WD Black 640GB & Green 1TB / 3x Acer 23in @5760x1080 Eyefinity
Media: Ultra Aluminus / Corsair TX750 / GB MA790X-UD4 / X2 7750BE @3GHz - Freezer64 Pro / 4GB OCZ Reaper HPC 1066 / HD 4670 1GB / WD Blue 320GB + Green 1TB & 1.5TB / Samsung 40in HDTV / Samsung HW-C560S / Harmony 300
OCJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2011, 20:16   #9
Eiffie
Supermodder

Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I love nintendo games but why do they have to make their hardware so. . . different, can't we all just use regular controllers and focus on making the games better instead of putting touchscreens and crap all over stuff.
I5-750 @ 4GHz - MSI P55-GD65 - 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 - EVGA GTX 680 2GB - 1 Western Digital Black 1TB - 2 Western Digital Green 2TB - 700W Silverstone PSU - H50 Water Cooling Unit - Win7 64-Bit - Logitech G400 - Cooler Master QuickFire Pro MX Brown - Steelseries Icemat V2 - Blue Microphone Snowball - Logitech C920 Webcam
Eiffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2011, 08:00   #10
DrTiCool
Multimodder

DrTiCool has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
reminds me Gabe Newell bashing PS3, now we got Steam on that platform
DrTiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2011, 09:50   #11
mpr
Multimodder

mpr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMIFFYDUDE View Post
Why do Nintendo need to go for the "sigh", "hardcore" gamers? Other than using the controller as a motion tracker for Aliens: Colonial Marines there isnt anything that is going to make people change what they already have. The graphics aren't going to be anything special and most the games are cross platform.
Eh? Pokemon Snap, Beyond Good and Evil, etc... would make fantastic games on the system. As would some variation of D&D where 4 players had an adventure and the DM used the screen controller, and any other variation of niche if not hard core ideas come to mind.

I do most of my "hard core" gaming on the PC, but I enjoy my Wii and PS3 almost equally. Both have some pretty good games but I have more FUN with the Wii.
mpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2011, 12:00   #12
Ph4ZeD
Banned

Ph4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run Crysis
ID stopped making good games a very long time ago, so can't say I'm bothered.
Ph4ZeD is offline   Reply With Quote