bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 14th Jun 2011, 10:51   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
MS trademarks interactive ads for Kinect

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...s-for-kinect/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2011, 11:14   #2
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Advertisement that reacts to my movement.....
*shudder*
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2011, 11:22   #3
Lowsidex2
Multimodder

Lowsidex2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lovely. $600 bucks for game, console, and accessories so that I can play 'Attack of the Ads!'. Dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge the adverts. Fun for the whole family. Reminds me of a certain Futurama episode.
Lowsidex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2011, 12:32   #4
DwarfKiller
Multimodder

DwarfKiller has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Unless I can flip them off and then the Ads just go away, I'm still not buying a Kinect.
Old 14th Jun 2011, 13:07   #5
Blanx3_Bytex
Multimodder

Blanx3_Bytex has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Has anyone actually bought ANYTHING because of an advert?
Whenever I see one my cynical side kicks in and I cant help but think that the product is totally overrated already.
Blanx3_Bytex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2011, 13:20   #6
Jim
Ineptimodder

Jim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for president
Hopefully, otherwise virtually all of the web, television and radio is screwed. And I'd probably miss those.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2011, 13:49   #7
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanx3_Bytex
Once as a little kid. It was a board game called Beware the Bog, it wasn't very good, ignored adverts since.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2011, 15:03   #8
Arkanrais
Supermodder

Arkanrais has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarfKiller View Post
Unless I can flip them off and then the Ads just go away, I'm still not buying a Kinect.
^ beat me to it.
Wonder if they'll have a voice recognition device that I can use to tell ads to f*** off with? I would love that.
Arkanrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2011, 16:34   #9
shanky887614
Multimodder

shanky887614 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Whenever I see one my cynical side kicks in and I cant help but think that the product is totally overrated already.
nope, not even games, if you see someone trying to advertise a game on tv you think, "it must be a **** game if there going to this much trouble to get people to buy it"
shanky887614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2011, 16:45   #10
Jehla
Supermodder

Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
No, but I've watched lots of things on TV because of an ad. Conversely I've missed lots of things on the BBC since they refuse to let you know that a new series of something is starting. Unless that something is doctor who, then you will hear about it ever hour.
Jehla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2011, 18:19   #11
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i dont knowingly buy anything because of adds. As in i dont see an add and then buy it from amazon or something.
I may become aware of a certain product by seeing adds over a long period of time.
I would hate to be playing a game and some annoying add pops up that wants me to zap the fly on the xbox 360
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2011, 21:49   #12
LordPyrinc
Legomaniac

LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanx3_Bytex View Post
Sometime's when I see a beer advert, it makes me go out and buy beer, though not the brand shown in the advert. Then again, I would've likely bought the beer anways without seeing an ad. Hum... game adverts maybe, but not based on the advert by itself. Usually read a review first.

Intel i7-920 @ 2.66GHz - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz - Windows7 64bit
2 x 150GB WD VelociRaptor HDs (RAID 0) - 1TB WD 7200 rpm HD - 60GB OCZ SSD - 1TB WD External USB HD
2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB Superclocked (Dual SLI) - Razer BlackWidow Ultimate KB
Cooler Master HAF 922 - Antec 850W TruePower Quattro - 27" Samsung S27B550 LED Display
LordPyrinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 13:17   #13
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Nope...reviews, yes.
Ad's...nope. Actually, the more ad's, the more negative i'm inclined
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote