bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th Jun 2011, 12:08   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
LulzSec targets EVE Online, Minecraft, League of Legends

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...craft-league/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 12:11   #2
will_123
Small childs brain in a big body

will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
What is the reasoning behind this? Or are they just doing it because they can..

Web Hosting - http://www.goforthhosting.com
will_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 12:13   #3
BRAWL
Mod Master

BRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_123
What is the reasoning behind this? Or are they just doing it because they can..
"For the Lulz"

I expect this comments section to explode with hate against them...
Old 15th Jun 2011, 12:13   #4
Artanix
puts the king in Lurking.

Artanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
kids who think DDoS'ing is cool, I don't even count them as hackers if thats all they can do lol
Old 15th Jun 2011, 12:21   #5
TheLegendJoe
Syntax error

TheLegendJoe has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheLegendJoe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
They hacked into some bot net over the weekend and have been trying it out from what I gather.....

Funny that their taking request :P They also said that it only took "0.4% of our guns" to take down the escapist :S no one better recommended bit tech
| 965BE@3.8Ghz | 12GB G.Skill RAM@ 1,700Mhz | XFX 5850 900/1200Mhz | GA-MA790XT-UD4P | Corsair tx850Watt | Soundblaster 1000watt RMS custom 5.1 system | DS411j 4x3TB* RAID 5 @9TB NAS |1080p40" + 23" 720p |
TheLegendJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 12:29   #6
MrJay
You are always where you want to be

MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.
I donít like the Medias definition of 'Hacking' a DDoS attack is not hacking.

Another case of words being to crude to describe a situation.

Lulz are just doing it for the Lols...Pure and simple, the power of a relative few to cause such disruption to many must be very appealing...Considering we live in a time that tries to stamp out individuality and force people to conform. I can totally see why people would be seduced by such activities. Itís not an excuse, but it is most certainly a reason.

HTPC Silverstone Milo - A4 -5300 APU Undervolted - Biostar HI-FI A85SC - 4GB Corsair Ram Overclocked to 1600mhz - 64GB Toshiba X-Gale SSD
MrJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 12:33   #7
oMonarca
Elitist Brick

oMonarca has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Remember how DRM and similar crap came to be? Oh! Right... Because assholes needed to prove a point. No, please go ahead and give reason to those who want to tie down the Internet and make it more controlled and secure and harder to use.
oMonarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 12:35   #8
Mentai
Hypermodder

Mentai has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
They've also targeted FBI affiliates, the US Senate, PBS, an Islamist Extremism site and Pron.com.

So nothing related to myself yet. I'll feel slightly less amused by the whole thing if they target Steam. Then again I tier my passwords across different accounts so I'm not sure how affected I'd be if they did hit something I use. Interesting that they haven't had anything happen to them yet after consistent attacks for 5 weeks now.

This helped me understand the situation a bit more:
http://newschoolsecurity.com/2011/06...best-practice/
Mentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 12:40   #9
MrJay
You are always where you want to be

MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oMonarca
Remember how DRM and similar crap came to be? Oh! Right... Because assholes needed to prove a point. No, please go ahead and give reason to those who want to tie down the Internet and make it more controlled and secure and harder to use.
I agree this plays right into the hands of people who want to tighten the reins on the internet, which is most defiantly not a good thing : (

I think anonymity and safety in numbers has lead to Lulz being able to operate in the manner they do. The more authorities expose them the less likely they are going to want to face prison time for taking down random services.

I defiantly wouldnít want to do time for inconveniencing some EVE players. Sony was targeted out of some vague principles, these new attacks are just because they can...No amount of belly aching is going to change that.

HTPC Silverstone Milo - A4 -5300 APU Undervolted - Biostar HI-FI A85SC - 4GB Corsair Ram Overclocked to 1600mhz - 64GB Toshiba X-Gale SSD
MrJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 12:49   #10
crazy95
Minimodder

crazy95 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i hope they get caught and killed
dam vermin breed like mad
attacking minecraft = death by stoning :P
crazy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 12:51   #11
tad2008
Supermodder

tad2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lulzsec are n00bs! omfgw3rl33tc0sw3dd052own... NOT!
tad2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 12:54   #12
DwarfKiller
Multimodder

DwarfKiller has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wake me up when this group have given up and just fade into the background.
Old 15th Jun 2011, 13:28   #13
kosch
Trango in the Mango

kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.
Its a conspiracy created by the Lizards from Zeta Reticuli!
kosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 13:39   #14
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I think they do this because of the attetion they are getting from the caos they generate. The best solution in this case is to just let them die in the anonimity.
Just don't talk about them anymore...
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 13:42   #15
Pete J
RIP Kidmod

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I don't like this, as I imagine most don't either. Are Lulzsec really trying to help, or just being a pain? How long before they just start hacking every PC in sight?

Attack Minecraft? Why? I might not like the game but the developers seem like nice people.

I was also wondering why I couldn't access the Escapist last night (fancied watching some old ZP).
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 13:45   #16
greypilgers
Supermodder

greypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysis
Very true. These brainless morons just need to be ignored by those with any intelligence and then they can all go back to their mum's lofts and spend their time looking up pictures of naked ladies...

Bungletron, I salute you!
greypilgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 13:46   #17
dyzophoria
Supermodder

dyzophoria has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
lol they are getting cocky aren't they?, whatever lulzsec, finally giving a reason to destroy net neutrality is what they are doing, fighting for a cause my ass, good work you stupid little script kiddies
Old 15th Jun 2011, 13:47   #18
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Conclusion: They're dicks.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 13:48   #19
Tokukachi
Multimodder

Tokukachi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not just for the Lulz, they attacked Eve due to Dust being PS3 only, believing it's a big "F*ck you" to the pc crowd who made CCCP all there money..

I believe the escapist attack was due to comments posted on the site about them and i have no idea why they targeted minecraft...

I'm not surprised they attacked league of legends too, the playing community is the hight of arseholeness...
Tokukachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2011, 14:00   #20
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat69
Not just for the Lulz, they attacked Eve due to Dust being PS3 only, believing it's a big "F*ck you" to the pc crowd who made CCCP all there money..

I believe the escapist attack was due to comments posted on the site about them and i have no idea why they targeted minecraft...

I'm not surprised they attacked league of legends too, the playing community is the hight of arseholeness...
Actually it would appear an alliance called Atlas is claiming responsibility for paying Lulzsec to do it, and rather dumbly (in my opinion) appear to have announced it on their site.

something to do with, Operation: Free Shmak Datash.

"DDos Demitrios [ 2011-06-14 19:52:45 ]
KEEP IT COMING BITCHES! :P
FREE SHMAK DATASH! Demitrios [ 2011-06-14 18:34:54 ]
We would like to annouce that Atlas. has paid LulzSec to carry out the final, and most important stage of Operation: Free Shmak Datash.

TAKE THAT GM HORSE / NOVA!

I await your pitiful attempt to attack me by banning my account, ****ers."

http://killboard.atlas-dot.net/?a=home
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote