bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 22nd Jun 2011, 12:07   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Fractal Design Arc Mini Review

Can the smaller version of the Arc impress us as much as its full sized sibling?

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...-mini-review/1
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 12:12   #2
crudbreeder
Minimodder

crudbreeder has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
On top of page 2 there is a header: "SilverStone FT03 Cooling Performance"
crudbreeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 12:25   #3
coolius
Multimodder

coolius has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This looks very tempting for the inevitable move to mATX I have planned for my next mobo/CPU upgrade.
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64

coolius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 12:27   #4
FelixTech
Robot

FelixTech has yet to learn the way of the DremelFelixTech has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, that case has so much mesh it looks more like a speaker!
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 12:48   #5
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have seen this case on their website before and I must say, I like it. If I wan't into modding I'd use it.
------------------------------------------------------
Razer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 13:09   #6
Bungletron
Hypermodder

Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks decent. With regards to the review, I would have liked to have seen a photo with a test build inside. Also, I may have missed it, but the photos show the top drive cage removed, was the system benched with the cage installed or removed?
Bungletron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 13:34   #7
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love everything about this case. However, I think I love the FT03 more.

:/
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 14:19   #8
the_kille4
Chaos will rule da world.eventually

the_kille4 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
this should have been the case to use instead of the nightmare which was the Lian-Li PC-A04. Cable routing was a nightmare, fitting the Corsair H50 was a nightmare... I hate my case... although it is LIGHT
Speakers: Ceed 682F (Front) | Q Acoustics 2010i (Side) | Q Acoustics 1010i (Rear) | Q Acoustics 1000Ci (Center) | Q Acoustics 1000Si (Sub)
the_kille4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 15:21   #9
e.karl24
What's a Dremel?

e.karl24 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yes!! I've had my eye on this case for months for my little brother's mATX build in August so imagine my childish delight seeing a Bit-tech review pop up this morning - a glowing one at that! I prefer this to the Define Mini I'm not a fan of doors. Nice to see them keep water cooling in mind too.

If only there were more mATX P67 boards
e.karl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 15:22   #10
tonyd223
king of nothing

tonyd223 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice, very nice. Dual USB 3 ports would be the next step - it uses the USB 3 front panel motherboard connector doesn't it?

As for water cooling - you should be able to get a simple all in one thing in - Corsair H100 is only 27mm deep, but a full watercooled rig with a reservoir and a pump? That might be a bit tight...
tonyd223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 17:58   #11
OCJunkie
OC your Dremel too

OCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelOCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelOCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelOCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice, though it kinda looks like my home theatre Subwoofer lol.

Might be my next HTPC case.
Gaming: CM 690 II A / XFX Pro850 XXX / GB 990FXA-UD3 / X4 955BE @3.8GHz - Hyper 212+ / 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 / XFX HD 6950 2GB - Twin Turbo Pro / OCZ Agility 3 60GB / WD Black 640GB & Green 1TB / 3x Acer 23in @5760x1080 Eyefinity
Media: Ultra Aluminus / Corsair TX750 / GB MA790X-UD4 / X2 7750BE @3GHz - Freezer64 Pro / 4GB OCZ Reaper HPC 1066 / HD 4670 1GB / WD Blue 320GB + Green 1TB & 1.5TB / Samsung 40in HDTV / Samsung HW-C560S / Harmony 300
OCJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 18:49   #12
Toka
Fully Outer Joined

Toka has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Could we get a shot of the case with the test kit installed please?
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 20:13   #13
rikaldrey
Minimodder

rikaldrey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very neat and classy design as expected from Fractal Design. I like the look of their cases which are very attractive without much strain on the eyes. I'd like to see some mods on these fitted with 1 120.3 or possibly two.
rikaldrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 20:16   #14
rikaldrey
Minimodder

rikaldrey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oh sorry, 2 120.3's wouldn't fit.. I "overexaggerated" it a bit. Maybe 2 120.2's. =)
rikaldrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 23:42   #15
abezors
Lurking since '08

abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.abezors is definitely a rep cheat.
Except a Lian Li A05n is only £5 more... I know I'd opt for their all-aluminium case over this (internal design and refinements considered too)
abezors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2011, 09:09   #16
Gizmo1990
Multimodder

Gizmo1990 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hmm much prefer the Define Mini, looks a lot smarter imo. Wonder why no bit-tech review yet..?
Gizmo1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2011, 11:31   #17
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo1990
Hmm much prefer the Define Mini, looks a lot smarter imo. Wonder why no bit-tech review yet..?
It's in our labs, it's just a matter of finding some time. Is slated to be in the next issue of the mag though so that should mean it gets looked at in the next 2 or 3 weeks

bit-tech on Facebook - Custom PC on Facebook - bit-tech on Twitter

Steam ID: votelarry - BFBC2 ID: M4terial - Feel free to add me
Material is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2011, 19:37   #18
DeX
Mube Codder

DeX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I wonder where it is possible to buy for the RRP of £65.00. Clicking on each of the 'where to buy' links on the Fractal Design website, only Quiet PC has this case in stock but for the price of £73.00.
DeX is offline   Reply With Quote