bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 26th Jun 2011, 10:46   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Hard Lines iPhone Review

Back when mobile phones were still thought of as a new idea, Nokia's 3210 was highly sought after in many circles for its built in version of the highly addictive game Snake. Fast forward a decade, and Hard Lines is attempting to be a worthy successor to that classic title...

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/gaming/...me-hard-lines/
Old 26th Jun 2011, 14:03   #2
veato
I should be working

veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It looks like a fancy version of Snafu (Intellivision)

For anyone too young to remember: http://www.intellivisiongames.com/bl...ion.html#snafu
Old 27th Jun 2011, 08:43   #3
Aragon Speed
Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

Aragon Speed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I must be getting old. I can't fathom why anyone in their right mind would want to play a game on a phone.

The buttons are small and fiddley, the screen is minute, and most of the games seem to be utterly uninteresting. It seems like a endurance test of frustration to play games on a phone.

About the only game I have seen on a phone that caught my interest (and I wished an upgraded version was available for the PC) was the game software developers one (which I cannot remember the correct name for), and not being rich my phone hasn't even the facility to play games anyway.
Who smells gold and slays his brother." - Pagan saying.
X-Tended Mod Website
Aragon Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 10:17   #4
Tyrmot
Supermodder

Tyrmot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragon Speed
I must be getting old. I can't fathom why anyone in their right mind would want to play a game on a phone.
Maybe... because you don't always have your PC in your pocket?
Tyrmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 12:55   #5
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
The buttons are small and fiddley, the screen is minute, and most of the games seem to be utterly uninteresting. It seems like a endurance test of frustration to play games on a phone.
You make it sound like you've not seen modern smartphones, or in fact phones in the last 5 years :P

While I generally agree that a lot of games are just not suited to phones e.g. FPS just don't work well on a touch screen as your fat thumbs (or is it just me that has fat thumbs?) tend to cover a good chunk of the screen, games like this seem ideally suited.
May have to take the punt at 59p

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 14:10   #6
PingCrosby
Supermodder

PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I blame Garcia Hotspur.
PingCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2011, 00:30   #7
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
About the only game I have seen on a phone that caught my interest (and I wished an upgraded version was available for the PC) was the game software developers one (which I cannot remember the correct name for), and not being rich my phone hasn't even the facility to play games anyway.
That would be Game Dev Story
yes it is rather good.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 02:19   #8
rogerrabbits
Banned

rogerrabbits has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrogerrabbits has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrogerrabbits has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Love gaming on my iPhone, but I'm tired of all the crappy little puzzle games. wish it had more PROPER games. Starting the Final Fantasy series was a big excitement for me. But games like that are few and far between. I find it sad that the average gamer these days is content with stuff like Doodle Jump and Angry Birds.
rogerrabbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 09:10   #9
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerrabbits
walloftext
Completely agree with you, lot of games that have used the "auto generator phone game creating machine" same games just different skin >.< try majesty, i thought it was a nice breath of air =) (dunno if you can get it for iphone tho, i run android.)

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 14:01   #10
rainbowfication
Minimodder

rainbowfication has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
game dev story was great and they just released a new game yesterday pocket academy

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id432080204
rainbowfication is offline   Reply With Quote