bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 1st Aug 2011, 22:57   #41
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
My vacation has started and didn't do anything on the case yet
I did practise some.

From the start i had the idea to make the fan/rad guard just like the S21T's little brother.

I'm already walking with that idea for 2 weeks now how to do that.
The case is 5mm thick, brushed and black anodized aluminium.
So i guess i can't restore the smallest scratch.
Today i just tried to make such a fan hole in a piece of 6mm thick aluminium.

First had to do some shopping again. (The dremel virus even got me before i started working with it)

piece of 6mm thick garbage measured out.

Still no idea how or what, but i've got to do it with these tools.

Forget about a dremel in 6mm alu :P so lets prepare for the jigsaw.

Only had a bad quality metalsaw, the woodsaw worked better :/

After sawing, the dremel works out fine.

Grinding the edges from the Bitspower radguard. (Starting to love the dremel )

Bending the edges a little more.

Tapped the radguard in it's place, in the case itself i will use kit / black glue to hold it in it's place even better.

Painted it black for the picture.
In this picture the guard needed a few more taps.

And this is how i want it .... X 3
Next time further on with how i will fasten the rads/fans.

Old 1st Aug 2011, 23:45   #42
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Lookin' really good!

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2011, 00:03   #43
Gentleman_Dingo
Supermodder

Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.
that mesh is looking sweet. It's giving me ideas of my own. Looking forward to how you're attaching them.
Gentleman_Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 01:53   #44
Shael
Multimodder

Shael has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very nice work on getting the mesh to fit so well, its not an easy thing to do keep up the work

In design process & upcomming - SP4C3D
Shael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 20:47   #45
-Jv-
Multimodder

-Jv- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love the look of those 'flush sitting' mesh covers ! Awesome idea and execution. Like usual. Keep on modding L3p !
-Jv- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 21:14   #46
modd1uk
I *am* a Dremel

modd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Awesome progress. That case is lush...hefty price tag though OOFT !
^+1
Energy saving light bulb agrees with the incandescent bulb.
modd1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 10:23   #47
BaronStoke
What's a Dremel?

BaronStoke has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've followed the L3P D3SK with interest and follow this one too, to see what it becomes.
BaronStoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 12:14   #48
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks a lot guys!

Been busy yesterday with the mod-attic again (Wife's ... :P )

Also been thinking all day how to fix the radiators to the case on the inside without being able to see it on the outside.

Going to use Velcro around the radiators and going to support them with a few layers of 5mm thick rubbertape.

Old 4th Aug 2011, 12:19   #49
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Daaaym thats a close fit
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2011, 04:38   #50
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Wise doing a test run on some material rather than the expensive case looks like you got it spot on , nicely done I think I'd have to have a couple of beers to go cut the actual case .

What will you be doing about the silver edge the cutting will leave behind, I'd expect even if it's flush it will still show even if it's a faint line.

Edit, well you already painted the test piece so you could sand the edges so they are raw & you'll get to see if it's bad or not.

If it is bad then when everything is done you could mask everything up & then paint the edges.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2011, 08:28   #51
l3p
www.^.nl

You're the first who asks that about the silver edge Waynio, we also think the same about that beer
I was planning to sand it with different grit sizes so it will look brushed like the rest of the case.
After that im going to try to paint it with one of the 6 different kinds of black revell i bought.
I'm still nervous about the hole thing
Old 5th Aug 2011, 09:50   #52
awok3N
Who dares wins.

awok3N has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
tighter than a ticks ass, looking good brah
MediaPC: i5 2500k @ 4GHz - Asus GTX 460 - 8GB XMS3 1600 - GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 - 650W - Lian Li PC-C50
In-game: GW2 - Zevyr/Evertsen <BF3 - everts3N>
awok3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2011, 10:18   #53
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3p View Post
You're the first who asks that about the silver edge Waynio, we also think the same about that beer
I was planning to sand it with different grit sizes so it will look brushed like the rest of the case.
After that im going to try to paint it with one of the 6 different kinds of black revell i bought.
I'm still nervous about the hole thing
haha you dont say so Its only now i realise how thich the case actual is

To cut a hole in a lian li case, or any others is no problem, but with this kinda thickness i would keep the dremel steady

GL, and i am sure you will do just great!
Old 5th Aug 2011, 10:27   #54
l3p
www.^.nl

Thanks m8!
That's why i made the example, going to use the jigsaw and the just use the dremel to scour? it till it has the right size.
Old 5th Aug 2011, 10:43   #55
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Just in case you didn't know but you probably do also make sure to use low tack masking tape & some good padding on the nice panel to prevent the jigsaw scuffing it up & it should stay in mint condition then it'd be a nightmare to muck this up .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2011, 10:59   #56
l3p
www.^.nl

Already fixed that from work a while ago, it's very "slippery" tape. Also going to tape the jigsaw itself

Old 12th Aug 2011, 11:33   #57
l3p
www.^.nl

Update.

First of all the nice package from
www.highflow.nl
The footprint on the box did scare the **** out of me but nothing was damaged

Because i replaced the PSU fan, i needed another fan, also one to replace the fan blades

Going for Feser Red, liked the colour more. Also some Red Dye to make it darker.

Some extension cables from Cubitek

And ... a cpu lapping kit

Thanks for the nice discount Freddy, this wouldn't be possible without you!

Got me some new sawing blades for the 5mm aluminium.

And assembled the fans to the rads.

Finally could use the black M3 allen bolts.

Want to change this somehow

I think i'll use Bitspower mesh there too.

Fast sketch-up for the radiator placement

And the case almost completely disassembled.

Hope i'll ever get it working again :P

And taped it with extra smooth tape. (I'll cry if I'll scratch it :P )

Still need to think of something for it.

Blood red acrylic it'll be

Even Origen AE works with a black marker when they damage something

Back to the fanholes.
Pre-drilling first.
Don't mind the drill's brand

Also taped the jigsaw.

Ready to go.

And the first hole is there.

Two to go.

And the third!

Now finish the nice round edges.
Wanted to use the dremel, but got myself my file again, needs to be as straight as possible.

More tomorrow!
Old 12th Aug 2011, 11:36   #58
KiiYzOo
Multimodder

KiiYzOo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice
KiiYzOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 12:16   #59
p0Pe
gief cake?

Great succes! Very naajs

Glad you didnīt mess up buddy
Old 12th Aug 2011, 16:06   #60
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
look awsome dude ! GJ!
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode