bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 12th Aug 2011, 18:03   #61
Deneteus
What's a Dremel?

Deneteus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just a suggestion on the Dye

Don't use it. It's a pain in the arse to clean out of your loop and it can get stuck in the microchannels in certain blocks and muck up stuff. It looks neat but it has a price.
Deneteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2011, 23:32   #62
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks guys!

Been polishing for 2 hours on the 3 holes to make it as straight as possible with nice round corners.

But finally they fit!

Tape can be removed.

Still need to paint the blank aluminum corners.

Need to be careful with the sawdust, so cleaned it first.

And further on with the plexi front for the Koolance controller.
Taping it first.

Drawing the round corners.

Started off with the dremel again, but the jigsaw won again

And again polishing.

Marking the plexi.

And again polishing it.

And it fits.
Next job like this im going to look for a lasercutting company near me

Further on tomorrow!
l3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2011, 23:35   #63
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Neat!

Projects: Nutman - Hampen - F.O.B. T.C. - BabyShark - The Scratchbench
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2011, 00:00   #64
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Nicely done, wow it must have been a bit intense cutting this case but you done it well, phew .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2011, 13:56   #65
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks Nutman and Waynio!
It really was intense, will also be my last 5mm thick case to make holes in
Old 17th Aug 2011, 00:55   #66
l3p
www.^.nl

Small update from Picasso :P

Carefully removed the tiny sharp edge with an old knife.
This way I get a sloping edge of +/- 0.3 mm.

Selected the right "black" out of 4 colours to get the best matching colour.
It became Revell mat black #6

The edges of the Bitspower mesh with Revell shiny black #7

Actually not my kind of job, too shaky

But i did it!

Tomorrow the fanguards back in.

And waste some time on this

Old 17th Aug 2011, 04:20   #67
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Oh, man, it's been so long since I've seen someone lap a CPU on here. Looking forward to this!
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2011, 09:14   #68
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Hey, that's a great paint job - the dried surface looks very even and clean. Well done.

Old 17th Aug 2011, 09:23   #69
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
As said, thats wicked work man! If i did not knew better i would say that was factory made
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2011, 10:30   #70
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Ahh nicely painted edges & good to see you looked for the right black, excellent work .
Old 17th Aug 2011, 11:23   #71
l3p
www.^.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSilver View Post
Oh, man, it's been so long since I've seen someone lap a CPU on here. Looking forward to this!
Ok i'll make some extra pictures of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Hey, that's a great paint job - the dried surface looks very even and clean. Well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
As said, thats wicked work man! If i did not knew better i would say that was factory made
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Ahh nicely painted edges & good to see you looked for the right black, excellent work .
Thanks a lot guys!
I'm really not into painting but i'm glad I succeeded
Old 18th Aug 2011, 16:51   #72
l3p
www.^.nl

Lovely weather yesterday, so went out to lap my Cpu

This time I'm going to lap it faster then normal.
How to with extensive explanation can be found here:
http://www.l3p.nl/other-builds-mods/cpu-lapping/

Cpu still WITH warranty here

All you need..

Finding a way to protect the backside of the Cpu since Intel doesn’t
give a nice protection cap any more on boxed s1155 Cpu’s.

So we use marking / painters tape.

I’m using some rubber tape too.
This way you have a better grip and don’t get sore fingers.

Starting with P400.
Only a few “wipes” and … gone warranty.
The sanding with P400 is the most important and longest step.
Some people tape the sandpaper to the mirror, but if you hold it tight with your other hand you don’t have to.
Just go from left to right on the paper.
Don’t press on the cpu, just use the weight of your hand.
Every 2 minutes turn the cpu 90 clockwise.

2 Minutes with P400.
Nothing to see yet.

7 Minutes with P400.
You can see clearly this Cpu isn’t flat.

Another 3 Minutes with P400.
Total 10 Minutes.

Another 10 Minutes with P400.
Total 20 Minutes.

And another 10 Minutes with P400.
Total 30 Minutes.

You can see the IHS is completely flat copper now.
Now the real polishing comes.

10 Minutes with P600.
Total 40 Minutes.

Skipping P800.
Straightly to P1000.

10 Minutes with P1000.
Total 50 Minutes.
You can see it’s already starting to mirror.

Further on with P1500.

10 Minutes with P1500.
Total 1 hour.

P2000.

10 Minutes with P2000
Total 1 hours and 10 Minutes

Now we need to change our strategy.
First of all clean the mirror and the cpu.
This is because the old copper particles can ruin your polish job by rubbing them into the IHS.
Now you don’t go from left to right with the cpu.
Just move in a circle for 2 minutes and then turn the cpu 90 clockwise again.

10 Minutes with P2500.
Total 1 hours and 20 Minutes.

You can see the copper dust already starts to oxidise.

5 Minutes with P2500.
Total 1 hours and 25 Minutes.
Almost done. :P

Another 5 Minutes with P2500
Total One and a half hour!

Pictures are clickable for full resolution.

Back to the case tomorrow
Old 18th Aug 2011, 17:01   #73
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
good work as i asid back i FB
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2011, 17:04   #74
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Done this before got 10c less overall combined with lapping a thermalright ultra extreme which had a notoriously bad un flat base but once lapped 1 of the best air coolers ever, nice finishing shots .
Old 18th Aug 2011, 17:08   #75
rayson
turningthatintosomethingb ettercmod

rayson has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
do you have video on how you did it
the lapping too scared to do it without seeing someone trustable do it
tried it once used wet paper it sucked got blac dust on it
rayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2011, 17:47   #76
miahallen
Team IRONMODS - World Champions!

miahallen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmiahallen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice lap job
miahallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2011, 23:04   #77
l3p
www.^.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
good work as i asid back i FB
Well thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Done this before got 10c less overall combined with lapping a thermalright ultra extreme which had a notoriously bad un flat base but once lapped 1 of the best air coolers ever, nice finishing shots .
Thanks Waynio!
I lapped my Thermalright Extreme too, together with my first lapped Cpu
I won 4-6 degrees with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayson View Post
do you have video on how you did it
the lapping too scared to do it without seeing someone trustable do it
tried it once used wet paper it sucked got blac dust on it
No i'm sorry, don't have any video's, but you can find a lot on the net.
Watch a video and use my guide and you'll succeed :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by miahallen View Post
Nice lap job
Thanks m8!
Old 19th Aug 2011, 10:26   #78
Kylevdm
The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Good work dude Loving the lapped CPU photos!
Core i7 920 D0 :: Asus P6T Deluxe v2 :: 6GB Crucial BalistiX :: Asus GTX 570 :: ENERMAX Platimax 850W :: OCZ Agility 3 120GB :: 4x Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB
Kylevdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 11:55   #79
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
The last few pics are pure pr0n!
How about leaving the cpu without cooler on, so that we can continue to see that beautiful finish
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 12:09   #80
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Yeah! Quick - someone! OI! Do a transparent cooling block!

View Mode