bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 27th Jun 2011, 14:22   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
LulzSec hacking group disbands

Hacking group announces plans to disband, following scores of website security breaches.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...oup-disbands/1
Old 27th Jun 2011, 14:31   #2
Pete J
RIP Kidmod

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
LulzSec may have disbanded but that doesn't mean individual members agree with that decision. Have they disabled the LOIC (as they like to call it) because that could still be open to abuse.
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 14:32   #3
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.
I think we can all say thank frakk for that. Bunch of idiot kids (if not necessarily in age) who should grow up - if you find an insecurity, let the company know so they can fix it.

Don't understand how they thought they'd get mass support by violating people's personal data and plastering it over the net.
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 14:37   #4
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
They haven't disbanded, they're trying to lay low after being doxed by another hacking group: http://pastebin.com/iVujX4TR
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 14:53   #5
Arkanrais
Supermodder

Arkanrais has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I figured it was cause one of them got nabbed by the feds, now they're all pussying out cause their actions are having negative repercussionsand they finally got it through their thick heads that bad **** can and usually does catch up to you.
I applaud that other hacking group for dropping their dox. the little *******s deserve it. Not so lulzy to them when they get a taste of their own medicine.
Arkanrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 14:57   #6
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete J View Post
LulzSec may have disbanded but that doesn't mean individual members agree with that decision. Have they disabled the LOIC (as they like to call it) because that could still be open to abuse.
LOIC was a 4chan/Anon thing, not LulzSec?
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 15:01   #7
spt
Multimodder

spt has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3loaded
They haven't disbanded, they're trying to lay low after being doxed by another hacking group: http://pastebin.com/iVujX4TR
Seems to me after reading the pastbin and looking at their facebooks that these kids are victims of a setup. Only my opinion and I may be wrong. Here is the profile of one of them that has left his facebook open:

http://www.facebook.com/drhodesmumby?sk=info

You could argue his actions and responses are of someone maybe trying to cover himself, but would you have an open to the public facebook if you were doing what these folks are being accussed of?
spt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 15:04   #8
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
I reckon they were found out - all the police needed to do was look for the house with the thirteen monitors, flashing flights, pumping house music and where the occupants all work in montages.

Having seen many Hollywood films, I am sure that is how all hacking takes place.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 16:19   #9
raxonb
Multimodder

raxonb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The announcement must also have something to do with with that kid being arrested last week. Wasn't he supposed to be one of the main people that was part of LulzSec?

To Be This Good Takes AGES...
To Be This Good Takes SEGA
raxonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 16:33   #10
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
the kid who was arrested last week was also arrested a few years ago too. Looks like he didnt learn his lesson.

Those pastebin logs are probably true, I guess anon has a much "better" group of hackers and got pissed off with this break away group.

I support breaking into systems to make the owners aware (like they apparently did with NHS) but to disclose all the email addresses and personal details of normal every day users its pretty pathetic. it wasn't their fault for the crap security of their service provider.

Sure put "lol" messages on the home pages, boast about your "skills" ect, but don't let out the personal information of millions of people.
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 16:35   #11
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
The announcement was accompanied by a torrent called '50 Days of Lulz', and the group's Twitter account provided a link to the torrent on Pirate Bay, which has now been removed from the site.
http://arstechnica.com/security/news...-it-wanted.ars
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARStechnica
The torrent itself has been pulled by The Pirate Bay after it was found that the files taken from AT&T included malware.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 17:16   #12
Bede
Ultramodder

Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul View Post
I reckon they were found out - all the police needed to do was look for the house with the thirteen monitors, flashing flights, pumping house music and where the occupants all work in montages.

Having seen many Hollywood films, I am sure that is how all hacking takes place.
LOL

High profile is great and everything, but I think they know that if it carried on they really would get burned.
Bede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 17:21   #13
Pete J
RIP Kidmod

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cei View Post
LOIC was a 4chan/Anon thing, not LulzSec?
Maybe they share it? I know that LulzSec boasted about its power.
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 17:41   #14
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The group disbanded, probably because mom called that lunch is ready.
faugusztin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 18:23   #15
holzj17
Multimodder

holzj17 can run Crysisholzj17 can run Crysisholzj17 can run Crysisholzj17 can run Crysisholzj17 can run Crysisholzj17 can run Crysisholzj17 can run Crysisholzj17 can run Crysisholzj17 can run Crysis
having an account on my PS3 and being a bit annoyed at the fact that i couldnt get online for ages! im glad they've gone! in fact im so glad i may even pop to the university of salford to pay daniel a small visit to say thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvagusta View Post
A new girl is like a new motor. They need to be lubed up, slowly cranked over just a tad, more lube, more cranking and lube, and then you can fire her up, listen to her purr for a bit... and once she's warmed up you can start to make her roar
holzj17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 18:37   #16
boggsi
Multimodder

boggsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Am I the only one that saw the lulz in this? The only one horrified that this was possible by a bunch of "kids"? It was the wake up call half the internet needed.

If these "kids" are so horribly underqualified then I'd hate to see what the real criminals/governments are up to..
boggsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 20:12   #17
jimmyjj
Hypermodder

jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
They are little sh*ts but the song on their web site is awesome.
Old 27th Jun 2011, 21:14   #18
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
"we're disbanding, but it's got nothing to do with Ryan Cleary being charged, Honest, no really we're not worried at all, Bye"

too much of a coincidence, even if they say he was nothing to do with them.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 21:16   #19
IonKnight
What's a Dremel?

IonKnight has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Firstly made me laugh all these ppl getting angry with lulz to put it simply I found it all very funny and they do actually do good (the companies who got attacked aren't leaving those wholes open). Also oh no your data's been posted on the net lol oh no gotta change ur details now :P (and serves u right for using legit data in the first place).

Boggsi the scary thing about this is that they are underqualified i've looked into the concepts they used to crack these sites and they are pretty much childsplay (not that easy but u get the idea). Trust me you should only be scared if the big boy's come out to play, Yes there are kids that do this for fun but the big guys don't just try and take down the sites they remove them completely (ha and the funny thing is i work with these guys).

I won't say which company i work for but lets put it this way if someone managed to piss off the people i work with that bad you see the whole net go down :P ( I work for one of the large chip manfactureres and those guys are on another level compared with these noobs :P).
IonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2011, 21:21   #20
Speed
I'm all you need!

Speed is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpeed is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpeed is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpeed is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpeed is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpeed is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpeed is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpeed is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpeed is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpeed is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpeed is a Super Spamming Saiyan
and off they all go to work for the FBI to avoid jail time...
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote