bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 30th Jun 2011, 12:10   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nintendo: 'Hardcore gamers will accept Wii U'

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...accept-wii-u/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 12:11   #2
guvnar
Modder

guvnar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wii'll see...
guvnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 12:14   #3
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
as long as they STILL haven't managed to release a set with controllers for two players... Meh!
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 12:22   #4
Silver51
I cast flare!

Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So it's a Wii with essentially a DS controller for your TV. I think I'd like to see one in real life before making a judgement. The main thing that let the Wii down was the lack of mainstream games, so I'd hope with the extra processing power, they'd rectify this.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JElywbkSbY
Silver51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 12:22   #5
chrismarkham1982
amateur destroyer/Head not well

chrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
i wouldnt consider my-self a haed-core gamer but im not a recreational gamer either, im serious about my gaming to a certain degree but even i wouldnt want a nintendo wii u, ive got my xbox for motion control games and for my halo games and forza and such thats as recreational as i t gets.
hard or soft to suit your taste

Sony Vaio SVE1513Q1EB (I5 3230m, 8GB DDR3-1600, 128 SSD/750GB HDD) - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1...now the Wife's...she dosn't seem to appreciate it - Samsung Galaxy Tab PRO 8.4
chrismarkham1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 12:30   #6
Hypno
Modder

Hypno has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The Wii was terrible. I've only played it with my family at xmas etc.. Its a kids platform Nintendo accept it.
Hypno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 12:32   #7
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.
The got a positive media response because for some bizarre reason, most of the gaming media are Nintendo fanboys/girls. Seriously, giving 10/10 to Ocarina of Time, which is simply a remake of an old game?
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 12:34   #8
Mentai
Hypermodder

Mentai has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This comes the same day as Nintendo gives the middle finger to hardcore gamers regarding the localisation of three major JRPGs for Wii, two of which are already being dubbed in English.

"Thank you for your enthusiasm. We promised an update, so here it is. We never say “never,” but we can confirm that there are no plans to bring these three games to the Americas at this time. Thanks so much for your passion, and for being such great fans!"

All this talk of getting back to the hardcore when they can't even localise a couple of games thousands of people have pestered them about. They seem to think that telling gamers what they want (more Mario!) instead of giving them what they ask for is treating fans with respect. Piss off Nintendo, 3rd party publishers have been outshining you for years.
Mentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 12:47   #9
Gigglebyte
:3

Gigglebyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think that other hardcore gamers will agree with me that HD isn't everything for consoles, especially when they sacrifice actualy gameplay and replay value to up their visuals.
The only time I use a Wii is at a LAN where we play 8 player bomberman for a while, that can he hilarious but that is it for the Wii and me. I don't see how the Wiiewe will change that.
Gigglebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 12:54   #10
tristanperry
Hypermodder

tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hardcore gamers won't 'accept'/use it. It'll sell well regardless.
Antec 300 | Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 | Core i5 750 @ 3.6ghz | Corsair XMS3 4GB 1,600Mhz | XFX HD5850 | 120 GB Corsair Series Force 3 SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung F3 | Titan Fenrir | BenQ G2220HD 21.5" Widescreen | Corsair VX550W
tristanperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 12:55   #11
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigglebyte
I think that other hardcore gamers will agree with me that HD isn't everything for consoles, especially when they sacrifice actualy gameplay and replay value to up their visuals.
Hardcore gamers don't play on consoles.
Old 30th Jun 2011, 13:12   #12
StoneyMahoney
Multimodder

StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Why pander to hardcore gamers, Nintendo? Anyone I ever met who self applied that term was an obnoxious bigot whose only gaming interests were MMORPGs and FPSs, live off someone else's money and have an elitist streak wider than the Tory party. Don't placate these idiots, scare them away! Oh wait, you already did. Cool! Now go back to your office and make sure Pikmin 3 rocks.
StoneyMahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 13:15   #13
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Console is NEVER for hardcore gamers.

Anyway, this console looks promising and inovative. I really don't understand why people see it so negatively.
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 13:26   #14
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

shigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysis
the usual bit tech pc elitism is alive I see
Old 30th Jun 2011, 14:17   #15
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
I think the problem here is, that Nintendo has no clue as to who these "hardcore gamers" are that it's aiming at and what they want.
Even within the gaming community determining who or what constitutes a "hardcore gamer" is a much debated subject so it's unlikely that Nintendo are going to have a clue as to what it is.

I've said it before, Nintendo branded themselves the kings of casual gaming with the Wii which destroyed them as a serious platform.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 14:21   #16
itrush07
Multimodder

itrush07 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Who knows right? Let's just wait and see how this thing will materialize..
itrush07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 14:24   #17
SlowMotionSuicide
Come Hell or High Water

SlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for president
So...

"Imma hardcore, and I use a Wii."

I didn't think so either.
Old 30th Jun 2011, 15:20   #18
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
Yep, this is a PC dominated forum so I expected some "console gamers aren't hardcore". Do we really have to be at war with console users? CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 16:11   #19
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm20200 View Post
Yep, this is a PC dominated forum so I expected some "console gamers aren't hardcore". Do we really have to be at war with console users? CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!
I accept consoles - for sport and racing games (and Kinnect). The rest is a joke. First person shooter or realtime strategy on console ? Don't make me laugh. I don't care for the platform itself, but when the whole genre on a platform has autoaim built in because otherwise you wouldn't be able to shoot anyone in FPS, then there is something wrong with it and you cannot label it "hardcore" anymore.
Old 30th Jun 2011, 17:02   #20
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I still think about how I can watercool it..
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote