bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Jul 2011, 10:54   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Dynamode HD Media Player Review

Can you really get 1080p HD video playback for 33? We find out.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...layer-review/1
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 11:42   #2
mkb
Supermodder

mkb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What a complete dross product.
i5 2500k | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | MSI GTX 680 2GB | Corsair HX 650W | 120GB Vertex 3 | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | Fractal Design R2 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced | Dell SP2309W | Sound Blaster Arena Surround Headset
mkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 16:01   #3
Toploaded
Supermodder

Toploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Having HD in the title for something that's unable to really play 1080P is borderline false advertising surely (at least, for a product released in 2011, maybe in 2006 I'd have forgiven it).
Toploaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 17:37   #4
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So you've given a product which basically doesn't work as advertised, 42%? That seems high, given that much of the review focused on what it a) doesn't have and b) can't do.

You get what you pay for, though. I wouldn't expect an HD Media Player for <35 and Dynamode proved me right.
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 18:01   #5
SexyHyde
Supermodder

SexyHyde has yet to learn the way of the DremelSexyHyde has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Can it play 720 fine. As that is also a hd resolution.
SexyHyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 18:36   #6
Toploaded
Supermodder

Toploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah I guess, I'm just being a PC elitist I suppose. After all PS3 and 360 are regarded as HD consoles and a good chuck of games for them are only 720P (or even lower and up scaled). I suppose if it was 1080p it would say 'Full HD'.
Toploaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 19:01   #7
SexyHyde
Supermodder

SexyHyde has yet to learn the way of the DremelSexyHyde has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It may not be able to play 720. But I don't like the fact it has obviously lost loads of points for not doing 1080, so someone with a 720 tv might see the review and dismiss it, when it might actually be fine for them. Especially when most of my friends say they prefer 720 on a good 720 screen to 1080 on a poor 1080 one.
SexyHyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 20:40   #8
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
lol, I paid around 80 for my WDTV when it first came out. No lan connection, but plays mkv's just fine. 1080p too. You get what you pay for.
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 00:26   #9
macroman
The One

macroman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmacroman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmacroman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmacroman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmacroman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmacroman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It has no network connection? Why does it score any points? Network connectivity is a must these days
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 08:19   #10
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think I'd rather drop a bit more on one that can actually handle 1080p, even if I had a 720p television (I don't watch tv anymore, tbh) That way I wouldn't need to replace it if I upgraded the tv later...and no network port? WTF is the point of this device at all?
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 11:54   #11
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.Almightyrastus is definitely a rep cheat.
We just splashed out on a WD TV live to replace our ageing KISS player and it has been an absolute joy to use and setup. As the review says, it costs twice as much as this one but I wouldn't hesitate to spend that.
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2011, 20:46   #12
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
LOL, I must be the only one who isn't crying about not having a network port. xD
Old 4th Jul 2011, 21:30   #13
xela333
Minimodder

xela333 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have one of these and it plays anything I can throw at it without a hitch, upscales standard AVI files really well too. I have a Full HD 37" Samsung TV.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/p...OV-MICRO2.html
xela333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jul 2011, 03:38   #14
dudwasup
What's a Dremel?

dudwasup has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's why you just by an apple tv. May be a little more limited to streaming but then you jailbreak it and it's great
dudwasup is offline   Reply With Quote