bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 3rd Jul 2011, 12:13   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Hunted: The Demon's Forge

A fast-paced fantasy brawler and shooter from inXile and Bethesda.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...emon-s-forge/1
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 12:56   #2
jakobfrimmel
Supermodder

jakobfrimmel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
YAY first
(sorry)
Motherboard: Gigabyte 890xA-ud3
RAM: 4gb ddr3 1600 OCZ @1600
jakobfrimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 16:59   #3
sear
Multimodder

sear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for president
Remember kids, this game is made by Matt Findley, the guy who claimed that RPGs "always wanted to be action games at heart" and that turn-based combat, stats etc. are the result of technical limitations. Think long and hard about buying this game, especially if you're an RPG fan... or don't, because it's another ****ing crap Gears of War knock-off with crazy amounts of bugs, bad characters, a short and forgettable campaign, ugly and uncreative visuals, and broken puzzles etc. which are impossible to win due to the companion AI getting stuck.

I can't believe this mediocre dross gets the 7/10 approval... or is everyone just that afraid of pissing off their publisher partners after Duke Nukem Forever and the threats sent by The Redner Group?

Last edited by sear; 3rd Jul 2011 at 17:06.
sear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 18:19   #4
jimmyjj
Hypermodder

jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sear
Remember kids, this game is made by Matt Findley, the guy who claimed that RPGs "always wanted to be action games at heart" and that turn-based combat, stats etc. are the result of technical limitations. Think long and hard about buying this game, especially if you're an RPG fan... or don't, because it's another ****ing crap Gears of War knock-off with crazy amounts of bugs, bad characters, a short and forgettable campaign, ugly and uncreative visuals, and broken puzzles etc. which are impossible to win due to the companion AI getting stuck.

I can't believe this mediocre dross gets the 7/10 approval... or is everyone just that afraid of pissing off their publisher partners after Duke Nukem Forever and the threats sent by The Redner Group?
Can I just ask, have you played it yourself?
Old 5th Jul 2011, 16:47   #5
Doctor Hades
Dreamer

Doctor Hades has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm genuinely surprised at the score because having bought and been playing it on the PC on and off for the past few weeks, I think, personally, that it is a very average game.

Not awful, just generic, bland and workmanlike, like it came off a factory production line. Basically it ticks all the right boxes and is moderately entertaining but five minutes after quitting it I was struggling to recollect any of it. The story is rubbish as well with two dimensional characters who utter poor dialogue. The use of Unreal Engine 3 and some dreadfully uninspired art direction (ugly bland headed men and busty scantily dressed women) do the game no favours either as it looks like every other identi-kit fantasy-themed games.

I'd give it 5/10 and no more. If you see it cheap in a Steam sale for a fiver then it's a passable way to spend a hour or two. Do not buy it at full price though, it really is not worth it.
Doctor Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2011, 21:17   #6
OCJunkie
OC your Dremel too

OCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelOCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelOCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelOCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This game utter failed to get my interest...
Gaming: CM 690 II A / XFX Pro850 XXX / GB 990FXA-UD3 / X4 955BE @3.8GHz - Hyper 212+ / 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 / XFX HD 6950 2GB - Twin Turbo Pro / OCZ Agility 3 60GB / WD Black 640GB & Green 1TB / 3x Acer 23in @5760x1080 Eyefinity
Media: Ultra Aluminus / Corsair TX750 / GB MA790X-UD4 / X2 7750BE @3GHz - Freezer64 Pro / 4GB OCZ Reaper HPC 1066 / HD 4670 1GB / WD Blue 320GB + Green 1TB & 1.5TB / Samsung 40in HDTV / Samsung HW-C560S / Harmony 300
OCJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote