bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 6th Jul 2011, 22:54   #1
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president
Silverstone TJ11 Carbon.....Final pics

Sponsored by:

Hello my friends.

About 4 weeks I was doing nothing, My wife was getting crazy.
But now it is here ......... a new build, with a beautiful case, the Silverstone TJ11
When I first saw the case I had something like "I to want to mod this one"

I must admit that a number points are not so nice at this case.
This "negative" points I will certainly adjust. But they have also a lot of beautifull things renewed.
The main hardware and other materials

De hardware:

Case: Silverstone TJ11
PSU: Coolermaster 1200w
Motherboard: I’m not quite sure, but for the fitting and measuring, gonna use a EVGA Classified E759
Processor: i7 930
GPU: 3 x GTX 480
Memory: 6 x 2GB Corsair DDR3 1600
HDD: 2 x SSD 120GB And some sata

Cooling:

Water cooling of course, but have to gather and brainstorm what best suits the TJ
So it’s a bit of a gray area. But I have some great ideas.
For now:

2 x EK 360 radiator
EK HF Supreme plex
EK Ram cooler plex
BitspowerSilver shiny
Tygon tube Transparant
And more…….

Other products/ materials:

MDPC Sleeve, colors: Black and...........yellow
Carbon fiber film
SMD lighting I think, but not too much this time
Some Acryl, yellow and black

About what exactly will happen, I will not say too much for now. I have a lot of ideas

The beginning:

My hero the guy of GLS, delivered the package of highflow.
Luckily, he treats the case with love and the TJ is without damage.
It’s big, really big…………..but beautifull

De Silverstone TJ11

The box

Out of the box

Inside

Top-mounted slide out motherboard tray

9 uninterrupted 5.25” drive bays

9+1 expansion slots

6 x 3.5” hard drive trays

Dual see-through air intake vents

Dual ATX/PS2 PSU compartment

2 x AP121 fans with hot-swap adapters

Extra large motherboard tray cut-out for CPU cooler backplates

And a little box with small stuff

Manual……….lol

Fasteners, unfortunately silver not black. Missed opportunity

SSD Brackets

Horizontal mount bracket for the PSU

Filter

PSU cable

And a Silverstone logo for on the case or something. could laugh about this

Because the painted this on my beautiful expensive case

Do not mind that it’s made in China, but please don’t do this anymore
This was the case step by step. next challenge is to brainstorm how to install the various components.
New case, new challenges I love it ............... to be continued

Grtzzz.

Last edited by kier; 12th Dec 2011 at 07:14.
kier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jul 2011, 23:20   #2
Gentleman_Dingo
Supermodder

Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.
Always a pleasure to watch you work Kier, subscribed on blind faith. But where are you getting all cool stuff? (looks at sponsors) Dammit. It's like you shake a sponsor tree and it rains awesome!
Gentleman_Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2011, 01:20   #3
-Jv-
Multimodder

-Jv- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfun View Post
Always a pleasure to watch you work Kier, subscribed on blind faith. But where are you getting all cool stuff? (looks at sponsors) Dammit. It's like you shake a sponsor tree and it rains awesome!
I think he just built up a very good reputation because of his awesome previous builds and sponsors tend to give more to good modders I think..

Looking forward to your ideas for this case.
-Jv- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2011, 01:57   #4
Bloody_Pete
Technophile(and yes, thats 724Mb/s)

Bloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I was very tempted by this case, but the price was just too much I went for an Xigmatek Elysium instead. Is strange how then printed that on the back, never seen that before...

I have subbed
i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz (1.28v) on custom water loop/ Watercooling how-to, Asus Maximus 5 Gene, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (2 black, 2 red), Asus 780 Posiedon Platinium, 512GB Crucial Mx1000, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5, Xigmatek Elysium, Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W, Corsair K60, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Dell U2311H & Asus VK222W.
Bloody_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2011, 07:39   #5
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfun View Post
Thnx, Most of the stuff I have is from buying and selling. I wish I had a sponsor tree
most of the sponsors has came to me instead of contacting them. I think the key is hard work, be original, be yourself and...............no compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jv- View Post
I think he just built up a very good reputation because of his awesome previous builds and sponsors tend to give more to good modders I think..

Looking forward to your ideas for this case.
Thank you, reputation is important for sponsors yes I think. also the trust relation is very important
It,s all giving and taking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Pete View Post
I was very tempted by this case, but the price was just too much I went for an Xigmatek Elysium instead. Is strange how then printed that on the back, never seen that before...

I have subbed
Your right, It's a lot of money, but I was in love the first time I saw this one
And wanna do the TJ11 because there not much buildlogs with it
And the printing on the back, lol.............gonna make "Made by kier"

Old 7th Jul 2011, 12:44   #6
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Progress dude, we want progress
A worklog must have progress so start cutting that thing up

Liked your last mod, and this one already seems to be interesting
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2011, 12:49   #7
kier
-----------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
Progress dude, we want progress
A worklog must have progress so start cutting that thing up

Liked your last mod, and this one already seems to be interesting
Dismanteling the TJ as we speak, (almost all apart)
and I used only a screwdriver lol. No rivets in this one........modders heaven
for now no not yet

Old 7th Jul 2011, 13:20   #8
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm really excited about this build! You've got one of the most desired cases currently on the market paired with a modder who has rapidly risen to the top of his realm. It's like anticipating a big sporting event...ha!

I approached kier about sponsoring him after he won MOTM. We had already established an ongoing dialogue after I contacted him about featuring his Cooler Master HAF-X on my blog. I ask people that I've gotten to know personally or observed over a long period of time. ...After all, they're representing me and my business.

Besides Talent! they should also possess these attributes

1. Already has established work on the web, including other popular forums.
2. Can author a work log with good photography.
3. Friendly & Positive Attitude! Answers viewer questions
4. Easily reachable and can maintain open dialogue with me.
5. Fulfills my obligations, ie: posts our banner, store photos and links.

So there you have it, and I just may be watching you!
Old 7th Jul 2011, 14:48   #9
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Hehe yeah. That HAF X build is one of my all time favorits
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2011, 15:45   #10
kier
-----------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpctech View Post
I'm really excited about this build! You've got one of the most desired cases currently on the market paired with a modder who has rapidly risen to the top of his realm. It's like anticipating a big sporting event...ha!

I approached kier about sponsoring him after he won MOTM. We had already established an ongoing dialogue after I contacted him about featuring his Cooler Master HAF-X on my blog. I ask people that I've gotten to know personally or observed over a long period of time. ...After all, they're representing me and my business.

Besides Talent! they should also possess these attributes

1. Already has established work on the web, including other popular forums.
2. Can author a work log with good photography.
3. Friendly & Positive Attitude! Answers viewer questions
4. Easily reachable and can maintain open dialogue with me.
5. Fulfills my obligations, ie: posts our banner, store photos and links.

You forget one thing Bill........the love for modding the world
When you are sponsored, you are representing a company and all its products

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
Hehe yeah. That HAF X build is one of my all time favorits
Thanks, gonna tell you a little secret, I'm thinking to put some straight tubing in the TJ also

Old 7th Jul 2011, 16:06   #11
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kier View Post
I'm thinking to put some straight tubing in the TJ also
-Well, I'm in too, then.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2011, 16:54   #12
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Yay! Finally a TJ11 project log! I was a bit concerned it was never gonna happen! Great to see this and Bloody_Pete's Elysium build. It's been a while since we've seen some decent new water-cooling friendly cases come under the Dremel.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2011, 17:01   #13
-Jv-
Multimodder

-Jv- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpctech View Post
That creeps me out..
-Jv- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2011, 17:35   #14
jeckulz
Supermodder

jeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
SPENDIN THE DOLLA!

Nice man, not a fan of the see thru vents in the 11, the 7 is a much nicer design IMO.
Will be interesting to see where you go with this
jeckulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2011, 19:46   #15
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Always good to watch Kier, can't wait for more.
Look at mine and Jeckulz's location!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2011, 23:28   #16
kier
-----------------

Update: dismantling the TJ

What a pleasure, I didn’t need this today. No rivets in this case

Only used this one

Have almost the entire case apart and this is what’s left

First removed the air intakes what was quiet easy apart from one thing

The speed controllers on top are not with a connector, so had to remove it from the case

Back side with the filters

Hotswaps also removed

These will still be used

The fans from the bays

When this was out, had playtime with some motherboards
Find the board

Small isn’t it, can you see it?
No, not this one......... but for now this one

Still is a nice motherboard with the EK blocks. Maybe it willstay with some changes to the red, but I’m still not sure

Back of the tray. Enough space for swapping the backplate

Enough slots

Continuing the dismantling. The top panel is simply push / click, but it’s a very nice design, therefore some pics

Other side

Quick look at how it’s gonna be with a 360 radiator

PSU in..........lots of space

Further......still with my Phillips screwdriver, the drive bays. Very easy to disassemble

Had to disconnect the power switch because it is connected to the switch on top

Nice hole can be adjusted

Omg where is the TJ?

Midplate. This was a bit more difficult, I had to remove the motherboard slide
But still managed without too much trouble

It’s huge ……..63 cm

Hmmm, not much left of it

And again placed the 2 radiators inside with the fans on the inside pulling air through the radiators

Like this I have enough space between radiators for the tubes

psu in it. Not the psu that is finally coming in, but I had this one lying around

And some pictures of the color combination
Carbon and black

Yellow sleeve with it

And always nice..........the black one

Looks nice!!!

Just ordered some stuff for the case itself. I will keep you informed
Grtzzz.

Last edited by kier; 20th Jul 2011 at 09:24.
Old 8th Jul 2011, 00:00   #17
craig - toyoracer
Supermodder

craig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysis
Nice update Richard. Yellow, black and carbon sweet Bumble Bee With 2 rads, fans, and PSU in really shrinks airflow area eh?
craig - toyoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2011, 06:03   #18
Stem83
Addicted to modding.

Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
good start, another MOTM on the way?
Stem83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2011, 08:24   #19
kier
-----------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig - toyoracer View Post
Nice update Richard. Yellow, black and carbon sweet Bumble Bee With 2 rads, fans, and PSU in really shrinks airflow area eh?
Thanks,
Pulling air true the radiators, air going up and to the back, maybe gonna make air vents in the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem83 View Post
good start, another MOTM on the way?
You think so? That would be great thnx

Old 8th Jul 2011, 16:20   #20
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
How many drill bits!?
Great update, it's looking very good, that yellow sleeving is nice!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carbon fiber, silverstone tj11 case mod, water cool tj11, yellow

View Mode