1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Planetside 2 to feature 'free component'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Jul 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

Free component is good! If it's something like the Planetside Reserves program they ran for the original (think along the same lines as WoW starter accounts) then it looks like they might actually be getting something right. Seriously looking forward to this now. *squee!*

3. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

A phrase every Game desinger should know "'There will be a cash shop for the game however the goal is not to sell power "

4. Tsung

Tsung What's a Dremel?

In game cash shop?? is it becuase they can't be trusted with credit card details :p

5. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

It's old school - you post them a stamped, self-addressed envelope with some cash in, and they mail you back your new virtual hat on a floppy disk.

6. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

What is a "floppy disk"?? I've never heard of such a thing

:D :lol:

7. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

It's like the Internet, but smaller :p

8. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

My old clan is reuniting for Planetside 2, despite the presence of wives, kids, careers and all that other crap we'd successfully avoided back in the day when the original came out. If it's as great as the original, and make no mistake the original was great, then it's going to be a thing of beauty.

Anybody who didn't play Planetside in its prime missed out. It was truly the best thing there ever was.

9. Panos

Panos Minimodder

Agreed with Hovis.
    So when P2 comes out, there is going to be weekend burnouts (as with the original) without anyone to bother me.
    Because I managed in the last 8 years to get married and divorced (a woman gamer never the less).
    :D

10. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Free hat!

11. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I'm becoming less and less a fan of the free 2 play genre. They strip out so many basics that you have to pay for. By the time it's down you pay more for the game than you would if you had just bought it or even a monthly subscription. World of tanks comes to mind. I already give them 10/week for "premium" because if not the grind is absolutely insane. BUT if you actually want to transfer experience between tanks, it would literally take 10-40$ to outfit some of the high tier tanks. Shoot the tier 8 premium tanks cost $35 RL dollars. I would rather it have a wow subscription model and have free xp transfer, and premium tanks obtained via some other method.

12. cowtc

cowtc What's a Dremel?

cool, wonder if it will be out for the ps3 as well as the pc. Used to play Planetside, but my PC slowly couldn't cope with the demands. I used to the leader for a outfit called Purple Valor ;)

Tags: Add Tags