bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 28th Jul 2011, 07:42   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Driver: San Francisco Multiplayer Preview

We've been hands-on with Ubisoft's attempt to revive the Driver series. Let us tell you about it.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/ps3/2...ayer-preview/1
Old 28th Jul 2011, 07:58   #2
Nedsbeds
Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
oooo, tempted to go and dig out the ps1 and the original driver games!
Nedsbeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2011, 08:47   #3
Tsung
Multimodder

Tsung has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Tag mode.. Sounds like GTI Club's Bomb Tag.. Shifting sounds interesting thou' almost like something from the Matrix :|
Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2011, 08:49   #4
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
the most important question: how does the handling feel?

Driver 1, the game that made its name, has the best car handling ever. no, it's not realistic, but it was most fun you'll ever have with a car game. do the wheel cover still fly off as you corner? is the wheelspin button still there?
Old 28th Jul 2011, 08:59   #5
bogie170
Supermodder

bogie170 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No mention of the always on Internet connection required?
bogie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2011, 09:03   #6
mongpong
Modder

mongpong has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I foresee that this game will get a review of 65%.

Any other takers?
mongpong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2011, 10:11   #7
G_Man_007
What's a Dremel?

G_Man_007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I take you guys aren't yet aware of the news that the PC vesion of D:SF will have the full UbiDRM, and that apparantly the console versions will have gubbins that prevent second hand sales, according to Ubi's own Twitter announcements. Shame, I was intrigued enough to be interested; I loved the first game.
G_Man_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2011, 10:34   #8
will_123
Small childs brain in a big body

will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Tag mode its not really new its been kicking about in forza motorsport for a while...

Web Hosting - http://www.goforthhosting.com
will_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2011, 11:51   #9
Nikumba
Supermodder

Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I probally know the answer to this but does it have LAN play? As in no internet connection?
Nikumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2011, 12:48   #10
impar
2n-1

impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Greetings!

Always online DRM and no steering wheel support.
impar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2011, 15:01   #11
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
I remember the first couple of games, I thought they sucked. I will have to wait and see how this turns out.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2011, 18:13   #12
Helz
Minimodder

Helz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I loved the first Driver. It was one of the best driving games I ever played. It was sort of like Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, except the cop chases were more fun and it took place on city streets. It was challenging to. I remember the test to see if you could be a getaway driver at the beginning of the story required you to spend a good 30 minutes to an hour driving around in a parking garage while the game judged you on your turning and braking skills :P

Then the second game came along and introduced the "on foot" mode, along with a bunch of running around (instead of driving!?!), tacked on hand to hand combat for some reason, and overall became one of the most disappointing sequels I've ever played. The third one was even worse.

This preview brought back old memories, but unless they went back to square one, I don't have high hopes.
Helz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2011, 20:13   #13
Showerhead
Ultramodder

Showerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run Crysis
Used to play tag on driver 2 splitscreen with my sister on the ps1. Has this got anything to do with the original driver series other than the name.
Showerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2011, 20:21   #14
Eiffie
Supermodder

Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsbeds
oooo, tempted to go and dig out the ps1 and the original driver games!
I have very fond memories of the first PS1 game. The way the cars crunched, cops tried to block you in, hubcaps went flying and the general sense of speed and handling to the cars had really made it amazing to just drive around in the free play modes. The story mode wasn't half bad either.
I5-750 @ 4GHz - MSI P55-GD65 - 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 - EVGA GTX 680 2GB - 1 Western Digital Black 1TB - 2 Western Digital Green 2TB - 700W Silverstone PSU - H50 Water Cooling Unit - Win7 64-Bit - Logitech G400 - Cooler Master QuickFire Pro MX Brown - Steelseries Icemat V2 - Blue Microphone Snowball - Logitech C920 Webcam
Eiffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2011, 21:07   #15
sethnmalice
Supermodder

sethnmalice has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
the tag mode was originally seen in midnight club 2, though it was a bomb and not a flag, but none the less im eagerly awaiting driver SF.

"You see things; and you say,
'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say,
'Why not?'"
sethnmalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2011, 00:30   #16
serial_
Multimodder

serial_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie170
No mention of the always on Internet connection required?
what? You don't keep up on your game news, do you?
serial_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2011, 04:19   #17
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Word - The original Driver was frikkin awesome. God that makes me wish my PS1 and PS2 weren't both dead....saw the preorder announcement for this on Steam a while back. Seemed intriguing then...but UbiDRM? Can't do it...I won't spend a dime on Ubisoft games until they realize their DRM systems suck hard. They won't stop until the point gets across that the DRM is worse than the piracy. Once they start losing more money over their draconian DRM than they perceive they're losing to piracy, maybe they'll wise up. But who am I kidding? Now, any bad quarter they have is the pirates' fault, right? It couldn't be because they've pissed off every gamer on the planet by now.
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2011, 08:54   #18
mongpong
Modder

mongpong has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I thought this sounded a bit lame and didn't really grasp what the "shift" thing was by the BT preview but then I read the preview over at The Telegraph and suddenly the "Shifting" sounds pretty awesome!http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...n-preview.html
I'm not sure whether this is down to a poorly written BT preview or an over-hype Telegraph preview....or my slight retardation. Probably the latter.
mongpong is offline   Reply With Quote