bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 29th Jul 2011, 18:57   #1
Razarach
Multimodder

Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Plexy HTPC [FINISHED]

Hi guys!

Here is my new project. Main idea is build small, stylish case with good airflow.

So i decide to use plexiglas for this build. I will use pieces of plexy 1 cm width and 0.5mm thickness.

Here is some concept pictures.

Last edited by Razarach; 13th Sep 2011 at 22:19.
Razarach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2011, 19:04   #2
llamafur
WaterCooled fool

llamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice design, what's up with the SATA cable?
llamafur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2011, 19:06   #3
Razarach
Multimodder

Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Razarach is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I just sleeved cable so i stick it here for the picturing
Old 2nd Aug 2011, 19:50   #4
Razarach
Multimodder

Hey guys. Here is some update and new photos.

After measuring i drill holes in plexy pieces for case side panels.

After that i drill holes in base plexy for side panels holders.

First i try if it fits....

And then i assemble whole case to see how this looks like.

This is all for today.
Old 4th Aug 2011, 22:20   #5
NEM3S1S
Minimodder

NEM3S1S has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looks realy nice, looking forward to more
'''"""MY WEBSITE & MY BLOG"""'''
casenemesis.co.cc - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - project-aurora.blogspot.com
NEM3S1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2011, 14:46   #6
Razarach
Multimodder

Hi guys! Here is some little update after vacation

After cutting plexiglass i got rough surface...

After sanding i have perfect smooth surface.

I got 24pin extension cable so i use aquamarine blue cable sleeve and got this..

Next thing to do is assemble hdd holder and case is done...
Old 30th Aug 2011, 16:15   #7
Razarach
Multimodder

Hey guys, new update is here :P

First I cut rubber for hdd to reduce vibrations.

Then i cut plexy piece for hdd holder.

And then i cut cover to hide hdd electronic.

I assemble all parts together to see how it looks.

Old 13th Sep 2011, 22:18   #8
Razarach
Multimodder

Done!

Old 13th Sep 2011, 22:34   #9
RedManc
Supermodder

RedManc has yet to learn the way of the DremelRedManc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Its a nice concept, could be nice to see it up and running.
Old 14th Sep 2011, 09:17   #10
jeckulz
Supermodder

jeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
How exactly are you going to power it?

I mean I love the design concept, but I think that sticking it onto an outboard PSU with the nest of wires that would bring would ruin how beautifully clean it looks.

Great build otherwise
jeckulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2011, 12:54   #11
Razarach
Multimodder

Tnx guys.

Up and running.....

Old 14th Sep 2011, 13:07   #12
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Really great build I love the idea.

BUT

Just a question. Why not make a similar looking case for the PSU and so a sort of hi-fi style stack?
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2011, 13:43   #13
Zinfandel
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Zinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Where exactly is the power button? :P

Looks very pretty. I like it a lot.
Zinfandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2011, 13:45   #14
Moddingboy
Multimodder

Moddingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the DremelModdingboy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking good Congrats!
Moddingboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2011, 13:51   #15
Razarach
Multimodder

@Lance; great idea, i will build some more stuff when i catch some time.

@Zinfandel; power button is on back side, under motherboard.

@Moddingboy; tnx m8
Old 14th Sep 2011, 14:24   #16
dream1
Multimodder

dream1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice
dream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2011, 14:29   #17
dream1
Multimodder

dream1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah what are u going 2 do with PSU ??? Some mini-psu or something like here http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=10
dream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2011, 14:41   #18
Razarach
Multimodder

I dont know, for now i will use regular psu. Maybe some day i will buy something smaller.

View Mode