bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 1st Aug 2011, 11:09   #1
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Google Chrome now more popular than Firefox in the UK

Google's Chrome browser is now the second most popular browser in the UK behind Internet Explorer

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...fox-in-the-u/1
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2011, 11:12   #2
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
I've actually moved to Chrom-e/-ium but this makes me a little sad. I still have Firefox here: <3.
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2011, 11:14   #3
Stotherd-001
Knows what a dremel is. Shock.

Stotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My old workplace blocked Chrome and Firefox use. Until companies like that learn that other browsers are just plain better than IE, FF and Chrome won't gain majority.

New workplace uses firefox. Its liberating.

Yeah.
Stotherd-001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2011, 11:16   #4
XXAOSICXX
Supermodder

XXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Chrome all the way for me personally, though in my company we've had to implement Firefox since Chrome installs on a per-user basis which is very, very annoying (and completely impractical) when people hot-seat.
XXAOSICXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2011, 11:31   #5
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Tried Chrome, went back to Firefox.

The jump from FF to Chrome isn't the paradigm shift that Firebird was from IE5/IE6. And there is comfort in familiarity.
Old 1st Aug 2011, 11:35   #6
Shayper09
Swimming in Deionized.

Shayper09 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Chrome <3
Watercooled Phantom
Click For Build Log
Shayper09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2011, 11:37   #7
Centy-face
Caw?

Centy-face has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've been a Chrome user since the day it came out and all I did was grab it out of curiosity, before that I was a die hard Opera user. I've hardly really used IE or Firefox and certainly never on my own machine. It's nice to see Chrome getting some users it's just a shame that they seem to be coming over from FF rather than where they need to, from IE.
Centy-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2011, 11:38   #8
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I started with Firefox when it first hit beta. I've never left. Never had any problems, the add-on support is tremendous and I have always found it very easy to use.
Old 1st Aug 2011, 11:40   #9
3lusive
Ultramodder

3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I <3 chrome too
Old 1st Aug 2011, 11:41   #10
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was a die-hard FF user, bitched about Chrome being too simplistic, used it and now I eat my words.

Chrome is great, not had one issue on any machine I have/use.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2011, 11:45   #11
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
still prefer Firefox's totally customisable feature (where's about:config in Chrome?)

so that i can use it the same way i use it back in 2005.
Old 1st Aug 2011, 11:46   #12
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
I use fox on computers with muscle, just so I can have silly add-ons etc (and decent bookmark integration, I just don't like the way Chrome does it), but on any machine with limited hardware I always go for Chrome, and love it.
Old 1st Aug 2011, 12:00   #13
PQuiff
Supermodder

PQuiff has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
soon as it gets aero ill start using it, but it just looks to ghetto next to opera.
PQuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2011, 12:02   #14
Digibull
Stealth Geek

Digibull has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stotherd-001
My old workplace blocked Chrome and Firefox use. Until companies like that learn that other browsers are just plain better than IE, FF and Chrome won't gain majority.

New workplace uses firefox. Its liberating.
It's not so much that IT departments are unaware of other & better browsers, it's a case of compatability and support. There are a lot of corporate applications out there which only officially support IE (though they may work on other browsers, if they're not supported then management isn't interested in rolling them out).

As a system admin, I have locked down installations of Chrome and Firefox because users insisted on installing them themselves (Chrome and firefox install to the users profile and therefore doesn't require admin rights) and using them to access the intranet and web applications. When they discovered they didn't work I simply advised them to use IE (with which the applications do work), when they refused to comply I locked it down. Having such calls clog up a helpdesk is just inefficent. Also a lot group policy application rollouts, such as adobe flash, only update it for IE. Firefox/chrome requires a seperate installation which is too much support work.

My point being, from an IT support point of view, IE is the only real choice for a lot of companies. At home I use and love Chrome, I find it a lot easier to use and I do believe there is a noticable difference in speed. Until other browsers become better supported in a corporate environment, IE will still be the winner for work.
Digibull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2011, 12:04   #15
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Use opera both at home and work.
Used to use firefox, found it started crashing etc more and more, tried chrome, found it a bit meh, tried opera, not looked back.
Old 1st Aug 2011, 12:12   #16
VeNoM JaCKaL
L4D2 nom nom time!

VeNoM JaCKaL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Cant do with Firefox and all the lovely add-ons that I use day in day out. However I have defiantly seen the worse side of the Firefox - freezes slow loading times and occasional crashes since the new version. Hope will still try adding to the library but without compromising the staple usability of the browser.
Gaming Machine | Intel Q6600 | Corsair Hydro H50 | Asus Striker Extreme | 4GB OCZ ReaperX HPC 1066Mhz |BFG GTX 260 OCX Maxcore | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 1TB WD Green | 2TB WD Green | 2TB Hitachi | Be Quiet 1200W | Hiper Annubis | Logitech Z-10 | Logitech Sphere Webcam| Logitech G25| Enermax Auroua | Razer Deathadder | Razer Destructor| Dell G2410 | Steam Profile
VeNoM JaCKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2011, 12:15   #17
lacuna
Supermodder

lacuna has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Used Opera for the last 10 years, seen no reason to switch.
lacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2011, 12:17   #18
TheStockBroker
King Battletoad

TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacuna
Used Opera for the last 10 years, seen no reason to switch.
Try and all shall be revealed.

TSB
Old 1st Aug 2011, 12:17   #19
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
My workplace uses Chrome. Primarily because I deployed it :P
Main: Silverstone FT03 | Asus P8P67-M Pro | i5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz | CM 212+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon 7970 DD | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo | CM Silent Pro Gold 600W | Samsung XL2270HD | KBT Race (brown switches) | Sidewinder X8 | Arch Linux + Windows 8.1
Server: Asus M3N78-AM | Athlon II X3 400e | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 4x 2TB Samsung F4EG (RAID-5) | LSI MegaRAID 8708EM2 | Corsair CX400 | Arch Linux
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2011, 12:21   #20
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.
I prefer chrome even though you can do more with firefox as firefox has too many gimmicks now

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Asus Plat Matrix 7970]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote