bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 4th Aug 2011, 07:43   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
EYE: Divine Cybermancy Review

The metastreumonic force is strong and is manifesting various creatures. Wait, what?

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...mancy-review/1
Old 4th Aug 2011, 07:57   #2
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
I think I just got brain cancer trying to understand that.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 08:20   #3
V3ctor
Tech addict...

V3ctor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMIFFYDUDE
I think I just got brain cancer trying to understand that.
lol... I think I have it to
Intel Core i7 4770K@4.5Ghz / ASUS Sabertooth Z87 / 2x4Gb Gskill Trident X 2400Mhz / 2x ASUS Matrix Platinum 7970 3Gb / Samsung T260 / 2x Corsair Force GT 240Gb raid0/ Corsair HX-850W/ Silverstone FT02R-Wi
V3ctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 08:44   #4
Stotherd-001
Knows what a dremel is. Shock.

Stotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dammit, these kind of reviews make me WANT to play the game. Its almost like I want to put myself through the same torture, just to understand it....

Yeah.
Stotherd-001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 09:21   #5
PingCrosby
Supermodder

PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
So....some people will like it and some won't....how unusual.
PingCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 10:16   #6
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The trailer on steam made the game look interesting, It does look like a case of trying to fit far too many things in though.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 11:00   #7
Arkanrais
Supermodder

Arkanrais has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A friend of mine recommended the game on steam, so I decided to buy it. I can honestly say I'm loving it.
After a lot of dicking around, trying to get co-op to work, I managed to work it this afternoon, then spent the next 3 hours having a blast as 2 friends and 5 random people joined. The game turned into a somewhat literal riot at that stage. Speaking of the co-op, it's fairly decent and ads a lot of fun to the game when you play with friends.
I found the visual style to be pretty lacking at first, but it grew on me after an hour or two. something about it, combined with the haunting soundtrack just seemed to make sense, as if I were gunning my way through a mostly abandoned city (which would explain the looters).
I mentioned the game made me feel nostalgic for some strange reason and couple of the guys I was playing with likened it to UT2k4. I've shamefully never played that game, so can't speak on it's resemblance. To me though, the mixture of the eerie ambient audio, bright etherreal lighting effects cascading down the dull obsidian structures and the empty feeling of the streets on the dystopian city just fit perfectly and give the feeling that the place used to house some mundane manner of living but now is a slum for small rat like creatures, the occasional looter or bandit and the ever present government forces who seek to control the place.
Arkanrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 11:47   #8
Th3Maverick
Multimodder

Th3Maverick has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It reminds me of Strife.
Old 4th Aug 2011, 12:26   #9
Kiytan
Shiny

Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
http://xkcd.com/483/

It also applies to games.
Kiytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 16:29   #10
Zebrastealer
What's a Dremel?

Zebrastealer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Games like E.Y.E are tough to give a fair grade on, so I can understand how the reviewer can assign a low score to it. However, I don't agree with it myself and here is primarily why -
It is frustrating, There are no shortage of bugs, some questionable design choices along with a woefully inadequate manual/tutorial with poor Dialog translations.

But, even with all those short-comings it is a blast to play. It is unique, complex, with some rare innovative game-play you simply don't see from big studios any longer. The truth is, for the price, you get a lot of gameplay out of this title, and you support a really talented team of Indie developers who will continue poring resources into making this title better (they are very vocal about fixing issues) and better yet - the next game these guys produce will be much better now that they have some money coming in to fund additional resources. I'm impressed with what they have managed to accomplish with just 10 developers.
Zebrastealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 17:26   #11
pimlicosound
Multimodder

pimlicosound has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Brilliant review, Joe. I especially liked:

"Why can I hack myself? Why have I possessed a door?"

The game sounds baffling but was fun to read about. I can imagine people writing features about the hidden glories of this game a while later, like people are doing now with Deadly Premonition.
pimlicosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 17:41   #12
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Zero Punctuation needs to review this, it would be hilarious!

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 17:50   #13
OCJunkie
OC your Dremel too

OCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelOCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelOCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelOCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Why can I hack myself? Why have I possessed a door?" Genius.

I'll be honest. I read the description, looked at the screenies, watched the trailers and just bought it... I loved everything about it, the FPSRPG Deus Ex influences, the shizo feel and weirdo technogothic mishmash. Haven't played it yet so I can't actually comment but the review expresses exactly what I expected, this is going to be a sort of masochistic gaming experience and there's a sick sort of enjoyment to be found there.
Gaming: CM 690 II A / XFX Pro850 XXX / GB 990FXA-UD3 / X4 955BE @3.8GHz - Hyper 212+ / 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 / XFX HD 6950 2GB - Twin Turbo Pro / OCZ Agility 3 60GB / WD Black 640GB & Green 1TB / 3x Acer 23in @5760x1080 Eyefinity
Media: Ultra Aluminus / Corsair TX750 / GB MA790X-UD4 / X2 7750BE @3GHz - Freezer64 Pro / 4GB OCZ Reaper HPC 1066 / HD 4670 1GB / WD Blue 320GB + Green 1TB & 1.5TB / Samsung 40in HDTV / Samsung HW-C560S / Harmony 300
OCJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 19:03   #14
Ignatius Reilly
What's a Dremel?

Ignatius Reilly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well, I guess I'm one of those defenders, but yes, this game is way better than the reviewer gives it credit for. It's got a horrible beginning and kind of leaves you in the dark, but once you get a hang of things it's ace. (The tutorial is rubbish.) The world is a lot more unique than I expected and has an incredible atmosphere. I also have to mention the amazing soundtrack. The game play is pure gold with tons of cool abilities and upgrades to get. I particularly enjoy hacking enemy helicopters and watching them toast everything in my path. It's odd, for how derivative this game is, it some how feels very unique in presentation and game play. Anyway, I'm playing it and having tons of fun.

Burzoufs are currency in the game. I don't know how you couldn't have figured this out since everything you purchase in the game requires this. I suppose you could argue a simple "dollars" would work, but for how out there this game is, it almost makes more sense to go with something more odd.
Ignatius Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 19:04   #15
Ignatius Reilly
What's a Dremel?

Ignatius Reilly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You can hack yourself for when you get counter hacked by a system. It's the only way to get the giant pink smiley off your screen.
Ignatius Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2011, 00:28   #16
dark_avenger
Raspberry Pi owner

dark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysis
Played about 4.5 hours of it and so far have been really enjoying it.
The sniper rifle is over powered considering how early you get it but that's half the fun, sneaking around taking head shots left right and center.

Co-Op is also rather fun after you stuff around to get it to actually work.

Still haven't figured out alot of the research, PSI ability's, etc but I have a feeling I will be playing it long enough to figure it out.
dark_avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2011, 03:59   #17
slothy89
MicroModder

slothy89 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiytan

The exception to that graph is of course The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

For $20 it's almost worth trying. At least it's not $50+
Case : Zalman Z9+ (filled with Xigmatek XLF fans 120mm&140mm)
Storage : 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS - 1TB WD Caviar Black SATA III
slothy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2011, 08:37   #18
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatius Reilly
Burzoufs are currency in the game. I don't know how you couldn't have figured this out since everything you purchase in the game requires this. I suppose you could argue a simple "dollars" would work, but for how out there this game is, it almost makes more sense to go with something more odd.
Oh, I did figure it out - but it's unclear at the start, especially given that you basically seem to spend them like XP. 'Credits' would have sufficed.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2011, 09:44   #19
wiggles
Multimodder

wiggles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is totally a game I want to play. Something that tries something instead of some dodgy franchise push out.
wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2011, 20:34   #20
jon
Multimodder

jon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiytan

The exception to that graph is of course The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
That's *exactly* the same thing I thought ...