bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 4th Aug 2011, 14:23   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Win hardware worth £730 with bit-tech!

Tell us what you think of your purchases this year in the bit-tech and Custom PC Awards Survey.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...ith-bit-tech/1
Old 4th Aug 2011, 14:33   #2
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run Crysis
Done.

I never win anything though..

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 14:41   #3
jakobfrimmel
Supermodder

jakobfrimmel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nom nom nom SSD
Motherboard: Gigabyte 890xA-ud3
RAM: 4gb ddr3 1600 OCZ @1600
jakobfrimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 14:42   #4
dynamis_dk
Grr... Grumpy!!

dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.dynamis_dk is definitely a rep cheat.
Also done... actually bought a few things this year so my opinion might actually be valid and upto date lol
Old 4th Aug 2011, 14:44   #5
Paul2011
Multimodder

Paul2011 has yet to learn the way of the DremelPaul2011 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice prizes indeed, be good to see the results
Paul2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 14:48   #6
Artanix
puts the king in Lurking.

Artanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArtanix is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
PC GAME DEVELOPER 2011
Which PC game developer do you think had an outstanding year with a new launch, product or service in the last year?

Please put Mojang in here?
Old 4th Aug 2011, 15:12   #7
Centy-face
Caw?

Centy-face has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
HA I actually did laugh out loud when I saw the best year new comer suggestions.
Centy-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 15:13   #8
rv88uk
Multimodder

rv88uk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Done, wouldn't mind that SSD
i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz | MSI P67A-GD65 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP RAM | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro | MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II | Asus Xonar Essence ST + Graham Slee Solo SRGII + Sennheiser HD650 | 256GB Crucial M4 | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda Green | Corsair AX750 | Silverstone FT02B-W | Samsung SH-B123L | Razer Black Widow + Logitech G500 | Dell 2707WFP
rv88uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 15:16   #9
Technobod
Finally bought a desktop :D

Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.
That SSD would be a lovely replacement to my old Samsung SSD plz

[Weihrauch HW100S .22 + HW100KT .177 + HW97K .22][Hawke Panoramas 4x-12x x3]
Technobod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 15:43   #10
tonyd223
king of nothing

tonyd223 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
what, no Corsair H100 as a prize - damn! Give me back my Arctic Cooling Freezer 64, it just needs a clean...
tonyd223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 16:19   #11
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
It's a UK based forum, many forums operate own-country only competitions?
Old 4th Aug 2011, 16:26   #12
Picarro
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Great, they removed my reply instead of just editing it. Thank you Bit-Tech.

What I meant to say, now that I have calmed down and am far more civilised, is of course:

Thank you for presenting us with the opportunity of winning all of these goodies. Could you atleast not make it very clear in the sub-headline of the article that the competition is for UK users only?
I am only slightly bothered by the fact that your competitions are UK only when you have such a large international userbase. What annoys me the most is how it is presented in the second to last line of the article.
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 5gHz -:- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 -:- 2x4 gbCorsair Vengeance 1,5v 1600mHz -:- Gigabyte Windforce X3 GTX 670 -:- Crucial M4 128 gb -:- Samsung F3 Spinpoint 640 gb -:- Corsair H60 with 2x Gentle Typhoon 1850 in push-pull -:- Corsair HX650 -:- Lian Li A05FN -:- Dell U2410 flanked by 2x Dell U2001FP -:- BenQ W1000+ -:-
Picarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 16:45   #13
smc8788
potato

smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanix View Post
PC GAME DEVELOPER 2011
Which PC game developer do you think had an outstanding year with a new launch, product or service in the last year?

Please put Mojang in here?
What new product have they launched in the last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picarro View Post
Great, they removed my reply instead of just editing it. Thank you Bit-Tech.

What I meant to say, now that I have calmed down and am far more civilised, is of course:

Thank you for presenting us with the opportunity of winning all of these goodies. Could you atleast not make it very clear in the sub-headline of the article that the competition is for UK users only?
I am only slightly bothered by the fact that your competitions are UK only when you have such a large international userbase. What annoys me the most is how it is presented in the second to last line of the article.
They don't even have a sub-headline for the article. Besides, pretty much every competition like this has T&Cs you need to be aware of, which are usually placed at the end of an article and not in the headline. The article itself is only a few paragraphs long, so you only have yourself to blame if you didn't bother to read it properly.
Other stuff I own: [BenQ XL2411T/Dell 2407WFP] - [Razer Blackwidow Tournament Stealth] - [Zowie FK] - [Sennheiser HD800] - [Audez'e LCD2 rev. 2] - [Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies] - [Philips 46PFL9705H] - [Onkyo TX-NR515] - [B&W 685]

[Steam] - [Battlelog]
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 16:46   #14
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
It's in the terms & conditions, which you'd be foolish not to read.

By the way, I've voted and I'm pleased to see quite a range of options on some questions. I often buy hardware from unusual places (Amazon, Play, etc.) so it's good to see those put in.
Old 4th Aug 2011, 16:51   #15
murraynt
I Mod, Therefore I Own

murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Balls! Thats the second CPC comp I entered today for the UK only lol.
I5 2500K @ 4.8ghz l MSI GD53l 8GB corsair 1600mhz l Asus 5870 v2 NZXT Phantom Red l Zalman X10 Quiet l 60GB Crucial M4l F3 1TB Spinner l X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty l 700Watt Thermaltake l Samsung IPS231 l
Steam: murraynt
murraynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 16:57   #16
Helenius
What's a Dremel?

Helenius has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
UK only =/
Helenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 17:27   #17
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The image on the main page looks like CPC & Bic due to the placement of the comments link.

I thought this must be the awards for the best modded biro.... I have one bound in elastic bands so if I drop it, it bounces straight back up.
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )

Last edited by B1GBUD; 4th Aug 2011 at 17:36.
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 17:36   #18
chemo
True Jungle Brother

chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
i 'think' ive entered!
chemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 17:39   #19
fingerbob69
Hypermodder

fingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
In the 'Best game developer' I had to go Other >Dice ...as they're not listed.

Is it expected that if you want to vote Dice you actually have to vote EA?

I'd rather like to come second in this one;o)

Cordless Mouseman optical ...deceased
XFX 4890 + Artic Twin Turbo Pro ...retired 26.10.2014
fingerbob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 20:17   #20
Marvin-HHGTTG
Marvin. I don't care what ^ says...

Marvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Is just completing the survey entering the compo, or do I need to sign up for the newsletter and stuff as well? I visit Bit-Tech regularly enough that a newsletter is just junkmail.
Marvin-HHGTTG is offline   Reply With Quote