bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: Which is the best mod this month?
Lian's Spirit by Bumbeldi 24 9.84%
Phantom Noir by 23RO_UK 28 11.48%
ROG RAMPAGE by nhenhophach 102 41.80%
Silverstone TJ11 Carbon by kier 96 39.34%
Watercooled CarPC by Angel OD 78 31.97%
WCC: a Present from GlaDOS by thechoozen 49 20.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11th Aug 2011, 08:37   #1
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Mod of the Month July 2011 - vote now!

We take a look at six of the best new modding projects and you vote for your favourite

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/mod-...th-july-2011/1

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 08:45   #2
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Tuff choice this month Angel_OD and Kier got my votes
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 09:11   #3
Stonerd
The monkey's out of the bottle, man

Stonerd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My vote goes out to nhenhophach, been following that project and it definately deserves it.
Stonerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 09:30   #4
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm a big Lian-Li fan so the vote what easy for me . I fell in love with your 24 and 8 pin pass-through ... cannot wait to see more , but take your time Lian case deserves attention and care

EDIT : It reminds me that I have a PC-V1000 lying around doing nothing ... ok, 1 project at a time

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 10:28   #5
tonyd223
king of nothing

tonyd223 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
no one ever mods an iCute... maybe I've spotted a gap in the market
tonyd223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 10:35   #6
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
AngelOD
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 11:45   #7
Fedmas
Leader of the casemod watchers :D

Fedmas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Voted for Kier :P
Fedmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 11:57   #8
23RO_UK
Hasta Mañana

23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.
Still totally gob smacked and humbled at my own nomination

Cheers guys and thank you bit-tech for the MOTM nomination

A huge fan of the work of Kier and Angel OD

However the ROG RAMPAGE by nhenhophach is unique

Tough call...
23RO_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 12:01   #9
kier
Modding and coffee

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president
Thanks Bit-tech for the nominee and members for voting
This month there are a lot of beautiful builds.
Angel OD gets my vote, real craftsmanship

kier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 12:43   #10
Tokari
Multimodder

Tokari has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nhenhophach got my vote, mainly for the uniqueness of the build.
Old 11th Aug 2011, 13:59   #11
Autti
Multimodder

Autti has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ugh so many awesome mods! i simply can't choose!
Old 11th Aug 2011, 14:42   #12
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.
Well done all of you, some lovely builds there.

Please excuse my naiveté but I would like to ask a possibly contentious question. Is it really fair running a single competition that inevitably compares builds that are sponsored with others that are not?

Forgive me for saying this but personally I have far greater respect and admiration for the work done by those of you that have achieved nomination through your own efforts, input, creativity and ingenuity, without the advantage of subsidy.

(I'll get my coat now ...)
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 14:44   #13
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Congratulations to all the nominees, best of luck.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 15:06   #14
Bumbeldi
What's a Dremel?

Bumbeldi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A big thanks to Bit-tech of naming my project for the "Mod of the Month"
My nominee goes to nhenhophach, impressive work and great idea...
Bumbeldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 15:44   #15
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie

Please excuse my naiveté but I would like to ask a possibly contentious question. Is it really fair running a single competition that inevitably compares builds that are sponsored with others that are not?

Forgive me for saying this but personally I have far greater respect and admiration for the work done by those of you that have achieved nomination through your own efforts, input, creativity and ingenuity, without the advantage of subsidy.

I'd like to think that a sponsored project won't be looked upon any more favourably than one that hasn't - after all it's just hardware. We certainly don't pick projects with any kind of bias in this regard - if there's some great modding on show, it's worthy, whether it's been sponsored or not.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 15:53   #16
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD not a Modarator /Staff

Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
I'd like to think that a sponsored project won't be looked upon any more favourably than one that hasn't - after all it's just hardware. We certainly don't pick projects with any kind of bias in this regard - if there's some great modding on show, it's worthy, whether it's been sponsored or not.

Personally I agree with Carrie on this knowing just how expensive it is to build one off rigs the sponsored builder is always going to have the advantage so more likely to win.

I would much rather see a build done by someone that had to pay for all of the build them self, Don't get me wrong here there's a place for the sponsored builder but I don't believe they should be put in the same competitions as the unsponsored one's

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI,4 bags of weed
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 16:21   #17
Gentleman_Dingo
Supermodder

Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.
Gah. Tough choices... I'm subscribed to all but one of these mods.

I think I invalidated my vote by voting for all my subscribed mods.
Gentleman_Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 16:37   #18
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
First up, thanks a lot for nominating me!

As always, the nominees are amazing builds! Quite anoying seen from my perspective!

Second:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post

I will have to agree with Combatus on this. No doubt that fancy hardware looks good in a case, but the build itself is what we are voting for.

If there were 2 categories; one for "self-paid" and one for sponsored builds, I would have definately kept my old memory and paid for my Centrafuse software myself! Some modders are skilled enough to get a lot of sponsored parts. But then again, remember that they worked hard to get to that point!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 17:19   #19
LooseNeutral
this Avatar stays till I get bored

LooseNeutral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
W0W! Really tough call on this one. All have done a great job .I'm going to have a tough time with this one.
LooseNeutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2011, 17:23   #20
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.Carrie is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
I will have to agree with Combatus on this. No doubt that fancy hardware looks good in a case, but the build itself is what we are voting for.

If there were 2 categories; one for "self-paid" and one for sponsored builds, I would have definately kept my old memory and paid for my Centrafuse software myself! Some modders are skilled enough to get a lot of sponsored parts. But then again, remember that they worked hard to get to that point!
So if you were doing a scratch build car and someone gave you all the parts under the body work for a Ferrari, do you think people would like the end result more than if you could only afford to buy the parts for a Volvo hatchback?

And now I'll shut up
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode