bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 22nd Dec 2011, 20:18   #121
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president
Thank you all very much, love your comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalGaos View Post
Looking very good, Kier. Have you thought about using those leds to show activity? Like letting the light intensity or flash speed depend on the load of the component (cpu, gpu, hdd, etc). Or maybe the temperature. That way you could give those leds a purpose.
Either way, love the look of the case!
I tought of it yes. But I think this will be to much disturbance

Update !!!

When seeing the total package I was not very pleased with the blue/ purple acrylic at the side from the psu cover
It doesn't fits the case with the blue leds on. The acrylic outside looks fine, but inside it just isn't right I think.
So made some changes to the psu side panel. The idea for this was coming after I,ve did some brainstorming for some branding.
I was placing some casebadges from ZOTAC And then it hits me !!!

Why not do a special thanking to my sponsors because without them this build was not possible with these high-end products.
I'm going to make a new sidecover with the engraving of all logo's from the sponsors
Just a little tut how I did it:

For this I'm gonna use my good old dremle with flex shaft

And I'm using for the lines and shading diamond wheel points

Print and cut the logo's from ZOTAC, MSI, MNPCTECH, BITSPOWER, IT-Service.be and Coolermaster

Using the ZOTAC logo and past it behind the acrylic

For me it works better with a dark background and a light aside the acrylic

Engrave the outlines with the diamont point at low speed

Removed the logo when finished all the lines from the name

and then using the diamond wheel

to do the shading

After lots of coffee and some hours... the result

Ok I could have let a machine do it, but it's more fun doing it yourself

After that I've drilled some 3mm holes for the blue leds

Placed the leds

And there you have it.... your custom psu sideplate with sponsors

Thanks for watching and thank you all members for your votes at the Motm contest

kier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 2011, 20:21   #122
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

xSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the DremelxSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very nice detail Kier
Did you use 6mm acrylic?
The end results looks nice, and the leds give the perfect touch

Follow me on Facebook!
xSoMBrAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 2011, 20:27   #123
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president
Thanks, I've used 5mm acrylic

Old 22nd Dec 2011, 20:51   #124
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Very nice Richard

The Sponsors will appreciate that a lot ^^
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2011, 04:05   #125
@nton
Modder

@nton has yet to learn the way of the Dremel@nton has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Like this a lot! this is going to be an awesome machine!! -respect
@nton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2011, 23:17   #126
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
I can't wait to see this one finished. ...Always killer work by kier!
Old 1st Feb 2012, 20:59   #127
kier
-----------------

Last Update !!! final pictures

I forgot the SLI bridge to put on lol

Special thanks to all sponsors:

Coolermaster

Mnpctech

Bitspower

IT-Service

MSI

ZOTAC

Ed Geels

Old 1st Feb 2012, 21:04   #128
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Beautiful!

But then again, that's what I have come to expect from you Kier!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 21:29   #129
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
It's a wonderful build - already looking forward to the next one (no pressure, though)

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 22:27   #130
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Beautiful.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 11:16   #131
Korvus
May contain traces of sanity.

Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
So tidy and clean Great seeing this finished
Korvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 14:13   #132
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
patience + skill = kier

My favorite 600T build.
Old 8th Apr 2012, 17:51   #133
LeandroJVarini
Mod is my life!

LeandroJVarini has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
very beautiful work, detailed to the extreme!
Old 20th May 2012, 01:15   #134
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

Been getting a lot of folks mentioning this project over past couple of weeks. It's still the cleanest 600T build I've seen.
Old 20th May 2012, 09:17   #135
kier
-----------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeandroJVarini View Post
very beautiful work, detailed to the extreme!
Thanks bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpctech View Post
Been getting a lot of folks mentioning this project over past couple of weeks. It's still the cleanest 600T build I've seen.
Couldn't have done it without your products Bill 3M carbon and clear sidepanel
Must admid, There was a lot interest in this one and it was sold very fast

Last edited by kier; 27th Jun 2012 at 16:36.
Old 31st Jul 2012, 14:24   #136
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kier View Post
Sorry you guys for the pics above but photobucket is doing strange things, while I have a pro account???

Update !!!

Just a little tut regarding the tube sleeving. Maybe useful for some of you

Take a piece of precut tube

And some MDPC tube sleeve

Some wide heatshrink and tyraps

The tools

The heat shrink I marked 2cm long

I kept the sleeve 5mm on both sides of the tubes 5mm shorter (for the tyrap)

Heated the 2cm long heatshrink carefully with heatgun. Sleeve doesn't like heat, so keep distence with the heatgun

And shrinked

Tyrap around

That's it.............have a nice weekend!!!
This little tutorial is Worth sharing again, lots of people have been asking about the tubing
Old 31st Jul 2012, 15:14   #137
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Extreme perfection yet again, kinda make it look easy Kier.

I should tune in to your logs more often for inspiration on neat & tidy, you totally have it mastered & the modding, it's subtle to really match the case your working, subtle but awesome & just looks like it was meant to be that way from the factory as a limited edition which it is after you've done with it.

Very nice manual engraving too mate.

stars & rep
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2012, 15:22   #138
kier
-----------------

Thanks Bill and Waynio, your comments keeps me going

Old 31st Jul 2012, 15:43   #139
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Very nice guide Kier. Have some rep.
Old 1st Aug 2012, 18:07   #140
Scrappy
Mod in progress!

Scrappy can run CrysisScrappy can run CrysisScrappy can run CrysisScrappy can run CrysisScrappy can run CrysisScrappy can run CrysisScrappy can run CrysisScrappy can run CrysisScrappy can run CrysisScrappy can run CrysisScrappy can run Crysis
So far all of your mods i have seen are extremely nice! very well done on a once again very clean and tidy build.. i love that stealth look but then it all lights up blue and makes you think wow! it captures stealth and colour in one! Great build!
Scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
600t case mod, water cool 600t

View Mode