bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 12th Aug 2011, 10:31   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
SteelSeries launches mouse with 32-bit ARM processor

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...h-32-bit-arm/1
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 10:46   #2
enciem
Multimodder

enciem has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sounds cool to me. Cheaper than my Mamba as well, despite the screen
enciem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 10:56   #3
antiHero
ReliXmas time!

antiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Found an image of the lcd on their webpage

http://cdn-web.steelseries.com/wp-co...ei_display.png
antiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 11:32   #4
SpAceman
Supermodder

SpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Make it wireless and then maybe I will be more interested.
SpAceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 11:36   #5
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Wireless with a 10Kg battery : ) ... or a removable micro-USB cable to carge it everyday.

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 11:49   #6
TheStockBroker
King Battletoad

TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiHero

Screen looks poor. Pointless including it if it's so subpar.

TSB
Old 12th Aug 2011, 12:17   #7
Gigglebyte
:3

Gigglebyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The screen does look pretty naff; I'll stick to my mx518 like I have done for years :3
Gigglebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 12:28   #8
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
How thoughtful a LCD screen on the back so you don't have to see it!
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 12:30   #9
SlowMotionSuicide
Come Hell or High Water

SlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for president
Let's make a bet how long it'll take until some manufacturer one-ups them by placing a dual-core processor on a mouse. How needs to have their mouse to do calculations of any sort? It's what CPUs are for, correct?

Just because we can. Does not mean we should.

HTPC: i3-3225 | H77-Pro4-M | 4Gb Ripjaws | GTX 660 |120 Gb Samsung 840 | Corsair CX400W | Silverstone GD-04
SlowMotionSuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 13:01   #10
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiHero

Looks like the Ikari screen, bit disappointing given that was launched three years ago.

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 13:48   #11
SpAceman
Supermodder

SpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilleAcoustic
Wireless with a 10Kg battery : ) ... or a removable micro-USB cable to carge it everyday.
I do prefer a heavy mouse.
SpAceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 14:05   #12
Picarro
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
But.

Can it run Crysis II with the DX11 patch?
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 5gHz -:- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 -:- 2x4 gbCorsair Vengeance 1,5v 1600mHz -:- Gigabyte Windforce X3 GTX 670 -:- Crucial M4 128 gb -:- Samsung F3 Spinpoint 640 gb -:- Corsair H60 with 2x Gentle Typhoon 1850 in push-pull -:- Corsair HX650 -:- Lian Li A05FN -:- Dell U2410 flanked by 2x Dell U2001FP -:- BenQ W1000+ -:-
Picarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 14:50   #13
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAceman View Post
I do prefer a heavy mouse.
So do I ... but a Microprocessor inside a wireless mouse ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionSuicide View Post
Let's make a bet how long it'll take until some manufacturer one-ups them by placing a dual-core processor on a mouse. How needs to have their mouse to do calculations of any sort? It's what CPUs are for, correct?

At least it will keep your hand warm during long winter LANs

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
Old 12th Aug 2011, 15:41   #14
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionSuicide

The sensor data (a load of images) needs to be interpreted into cursor-position data (by comparing the distance moved from one image to the next) to be fed to the PC, so there does need to be some kind of processor in a mouse. How powerful and capable that processor needs to be is the question here.

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 17:27   #15
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
So.....what exactly does the ARM CPU give you? What is ExactTech?
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 17:31   #16
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

I guess it does treat the aquired images a lot faster, giving you better accuracy and responsivness

Old 12th Aug 2011, 17:42   #17
Canon
Reformed

Canon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for president
It's a shame given that every steelseries product I have bought, which I was always assured was very durable and comfortable to use has fallen apart within a week or been shoddily manufactured and never worked in the first place, and then the replacement falls apart and so on and so forth.
Old 12th Aug 2011, 19:20   #18
Blanx3_Bytex
Multimodder

Blanx3_Bytex has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Since my hand is not yet invisible I really do think this is the most pointless thing ever.
A screen? Really..
What will this screen tell you anyway? And why would you want to have one on a mouse which is NOT a static object. You should be moving the mouse around instead of looking at the millions of slightly different colours on that stupid logo. WHICH YOU CANT SEE during use.

A Screen on a keyboard MIGHT be useful since a keyboard stays in one place, so you can actually see what the screen says, but this will be too small and the resolution too low to be of any use. It is unashamed willywaving.
And the worst thing is that Steelseries tries to cover it up with marketing tripe like" a distinctive aesthetic design with the access to superior functionality for all levels of players"
Blanx3_Bytex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 20:14   #19
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
first thought... Really? does it really need a processor for that? I just I dont know a lot of this seems to be a bit over the top especially now since most games are no better then console
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2011, 22:05   #20
enciem
Multimodder

enciem has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanx3_Bytex
Since my hand is not yet invisible I really do think this is the most pointless thing ever.
A screen? Really..
What will this screen tell you anyway? And why would you want to have one on a mouse which is NOT a static object. You should be moving the mouse around instead of looking at the millions of slightly different colours on that stupid logo. WHICH YOU CANT SEE during use.

A Screen on a keyboard MIGHT be useful since a keyboard stays in one place, so you can actually see what the screen says, but this will be too small and the resolution too low to be of any use. It is unashamed willywaving.
And the worst thing is that Steelseries tries to cover it up with marketing tripe like" a distinctive aesthetic design with the access to superior functionality for all levels of players"
Your so called 'Willy Waving' is the reason this site exists pal, you need to head on over to responsibleconsumerelectronics.com

...and as for the 'just because because we can doesn't mean we should' comment. That sort of sense would see the human race still living in caves.
enciem is offline   Reply With Quote