bit-tech.net

Old 14th Aug 2011, 10:21   #1
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Gaming 31 OMFG Hats

Paul, Clive and Joe discuss the finer points of whats been going on in the world of gaming. With bonus hats.

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/podcast...-31-omfg-hats/

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2011, 11:52   #2
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
We've tried a new method of boosting volume and equalizing the four vocal inputs for this podcast so we'd appreciate and feedback on whether you think it's better or worse than previous efforts.

bit-tech on Facebook - Custom PC on Facebook - bit-tech on Twitter

Steam ID: votelarry - BFBC2 ID: M4terial - Feel free to add me
Material is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2011, 12:19   #3
RedFlames
is not KidMod

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Material
We've tried a new method of boosting volume and equalizing the four vocal inputs for this podcast so we'd appreciate and feedback on whether you think it's better or worse than previous efforts.
its louder, and the volume is more consistent... but you all sound like you've got your heads in a bucket...

RedFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2011, 12:49   #4
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
but you all sound like you've got your heads in a bucket...
They did say this episode was called "hats"
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2011, 12:57   #5
Gigglebyte
:3

Gigglebyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I liked the part at the end about outside perspective. If only more people would take a step back and think how much work and effort could go into a project before we have "armchair experts" slagging off the hard work of dedicated individuals
Gigglebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2011, 15:24   #6
RedFlames
is not KidMod

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
They did say this episode was called "hats"
touche

the heads-in-bucket thing could have been the fault of tomboy... doesn't sound as bad in banshee

RedFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2011, 16:40   #7
billysielu
Multimodder

billysielu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm finding the gaming podcasts dull lately, hardware is fine tho.
billysielu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2011, 17:17   #8
BrightCandle
Multimodder

BrightCandle has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Source code isn't really like blueprints, it is the actual game logic in its human readable format. The process of converting the source code to an executable that runs the game is a relatively easy process (for a programmer).

What they wont be providing is all the assets that go with it such as the game models and textures. You can however use the assets from the DVD of the game to have your own modified version of Doom 3, but you are getting the equivalent of the executable and not the equivalent of the source code of those assets.
BrightCandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2011, 23:44   #9
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by billysielu
I'm finding the gaming podcasts dull lately, hardware is fine tho.
We're lining up some special guests to mix it up a little.

Old 14th Aug 2011, 23:55   #10
Canon
Reformed

Canon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for president
The audio was fine, I found I could listen to it with my volume up and not have a finger in one ear. Maybe it's just a coincidence that Harry didn't feature in this podcast...maybe.
Old 15th Aug 2011, 04:46   #11
mute1
Multimodder

mute1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I just played Limbo and it was quite disappointing given the hype.
mute1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2011, 07:23   #12
runadumb
Supermodder

runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Listened to it in the car and never had to touch the volume once, also as an added bonus there was no blood coming from my ears. Result!
This is opposed to the last time I tried to listen to one of your podcasts in the car and gave up after having to adjust the volume on a per person basis. Only to have someone SCREAMING IN MY FACE straight after raising the volume way up to hear one person's mumbles.

Good podcasts as well. Can't believe you replayed the witcher. I just finished it and while enjoyable, 40 hours is enough of that game for me. I hope to get round to limbo this week.
runadumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2011, 10:18   #13
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Feedback on the new method of equalizing the podcast seems predominantly positive then so we'll keep doing it this way for now. We always welcome feedback though, helps keep us on our toes.

Old 15th Aug 2011, 10:44   #14
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Yea it was absolutely fine here!
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2011, 13:58   #15
Deadpunkdave
...why you need a 20-sided die

Deadpunkdave has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeadpunkdave has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeadpunkdave has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeadpunkdave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks for the very nearly forgotten spoiler alert, I'm playing through The Witcher for the first time and just managed to mute in time to avoid hearing you guys discussing the (an?) ending.

Audio did seem better overall.

On the subject of diablo, it is a very simple game, and frustrating to new players due to a couple of unreasonably harsh bosses and the complete unsuitability of many of the possible builds available. The fun I've gotten from the game is down to playing it in a party with my housemates, having a few drinks as we go.

There is a gradual satisfaction that comes from making a well rounded party, particular when on the later difficulties. Me and my mates killed Tal Rasha (one of the harshest fights) the other day without any of us dying, and it was genuinely satisfying to know that we'd gotten our tactics and builds good enough to achieve it.

I think its a game that you need to be inducted into to a degree, I can't imagine just picking up and playing through single player would be that enjoyable.
Deadpunkdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2011, 17:52   #16
John_T
Supermodder

John_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Slightly disturbing way to open the podcast - but funny!

Agree with the people who said the sound is better - it is immeasurably so. Like runadumb said, I normally sit with the volume control poised in my hand, either straining to hear or attempting to not blow an eardrum. I always wondered if maybe you guys didn't like each-other that much, with a couple of you in the meeting room and the others made to stand outside in the corridor & talk through the doorway...

Whatever you did differently this time it worked, keep doing it!
John_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2011, 17:57   #17
John_T
Supermodder

John_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
By the way, pretty sure it is pronounced 'anath-eh-ma', not 'ana-theme-ah'...
Old 17th Aug 2011, 18:07   #18
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_T
By the way, pretty sure it is pronounced 'anath-eh-ma', not 'ana-theme-ah'...
yes! I win! In your face Joe... :b

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 14:16   #19
John_T
Supermodder

Haha!