bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th Aug 2011, 22:08   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Valve: DOTA 2 release in 2012

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ease-in-2012/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2011, 23:35   #2
mrbens
Supermodder

mrbens has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Never even heard of it. Had to check the wiki as the original isn't on Steam: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients
My SilverStone TJ07B PC: Haswell i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming mobo | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB | Seasonic X-Series 750W PSU | Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Crucial M225 128GB SSD | OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD
Sound: Epiphany Acoustics' E-DAC & O2 Heahphone Amp | Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amp | Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600ohm Headphones (music) | Onkyo HT-S3305B AV Receiver + 5.1 speakers (movies)
mrbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2011, 23:43   #3
zimbloggy
Genius Extraordinaire

zimbloggy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbens
Never even heard of it. Had to check the wiki as the original isn't on Steam: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients
Me neither. This article really could have used a little blurb to explain what the game is, or at least what the acronym stands for.
Old 19th Aug 2011, 05:50   #4
ssj12
Hypermodder

ssj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So Valve is screwing themselves over with League of Legends releasing Dominion and even more champions and enhancements. bad game Valve, bad game Valve.
ssj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 06:56   #5
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloggy
Quote:
Me neither. This article really could have used a little blurb to explain what the game is, or at least what the acronym stands for.
Go read about it? I supposed they should have a little blurb explaining what type of game BF3 is as well.

I don't think valve is screwing themselves by taking the time to make a good game. I don't particularly care about LoL all new map (singular)
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 08:11   #6
Fujukami
Minimodder

Fujukami has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well out of what I've seen in the tournament so far, can't say I'm impressed.
At this time it actually looks bland and unpolished. Doesn't even come close to Heroes of Newerth.
Fujukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 09:42   #7
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
I was getting worried Valve was going to release something on time.
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 11:15   #8
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflesomd View Post
Go read about it? I supposed they should have a little blurb explaining what type of game BF3 is as well.
It would at least be nice to know what the acronym stands for in the body of the article. They didn't call Modern Warfare 3 "MW3". Or Counter-Strike: Global Offensive "CS:GO". Just calling it Defence of the Ancients once would have been enough.
Old 19th Aug 2011, 12:14   #9
mrbens
Supermodder

mrbens has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This trend of calling games by the initials is very annoying if you don't game often and don't have hours a week to spend reading about all the new games.
My SilverStone TJ07B PC: Haswell i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming mobo | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB | Seasonic X-Series 750W PSU | Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Crucial M225 128GB SSD | OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD
Sound: Epiphany Acoustics' E-DAC & O2 Heahphone Amp | Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amp | Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600ohm Headphones (music) | Onkyo HT-S3305B AV Receiver + 5.1 speakers (movies)
mrbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 12:18   #10
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Or the 10 seconds it takes to Google, I know
Old 19th Aug 2011, 12:37   #11
Edwards
Hypermodder

Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbens View Post
This trend of calling games by the initials is very annoying if you don't game often and don't have hours a week to spend reading about all the new games.
The original game was called Defense of the Ancients (abbreviated to DotA). However, this new game is actually called Dota 2 as it is what the original game was called by the players more than anything, Icefrog has stated this explicitly.
Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 16:26   #12
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Quote:
Hours? Slow reader I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflesomd View Post
It would at least be nice to know what the acronym stands for in the body of the article. They didn't call Modern Warfare 3 "MW3". Or Counter-Strike: Global Offensive "CS:GO". Just calling it Defence of the Ancients once would have been enough.
It's not like dota is new or anything. If you were really interested in it you would be playing one of the three current dota incarnations.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote