bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Feedback & Suggestions

Old 19th Aug 2011, 16:43   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Official bit-tech Android app feedback thread

Hi all, we now have two bit-tech apps for Android phones available.

* There is a paid version, which costs £1.79 and is ad-free.

* There is a free version, which is ad-supported.

I'll post news and updates here - please also post any feedback and comments in the thread too.

V1.1
FIXED:
- Userís signature when posting to forum
- Force close problem when opening article

ADDED:
- Landscape support when posting to forum

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 23:11   #2
badders
Neuken in de Keuken

badders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for president
Alex, I can't see the Marketplace in the forums using the app - is that by design?
badders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 23:29   #3
smc8788
potato

smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Also being able to access PMs would be very useful.

[Steam] - [Battlelog]
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2011, 12:35   #4
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by badders View Post
Alex, I can't see the Marketplace in the forums using the app - is that by design?
No, it's not intentional - the forum integration is tricky because we're using Tapatalk's API so we don't have full control of it. I'll add it to the change request log though, it might be something we can do.

Photos on Flickr.
Old 20th Aug 2011, 15:59   #5
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Can I add a request to have "New Posts" as a view option?
Old 20th Aug 2011, 19:47   #6
Nealieboyee
Packaging Master!

Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc8788 View Post
Also being able to access PMs would be very useful.
This and the marketplace as said before. Gotta have those. Tapatalk makes it so easy to view them.
Old 21st Aug 2011, 16:51   #7
nicae
Multimodder

nicae has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi.
I'm posting via browser because the keyboard is better.

- Password input to forum must be masked
- Keyboard does not have return key (Android keyboard ..I still havent seen what this tapatalk is, even having used the app)
- Should have an easy update button for articles
- Consider article preloading for offline reading

good app!
C2D E8400 :: PNY 8800GT 512MB :: 2x2GB G.SKILL Pi Black DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 :: Asus Maximus Formula :: WindowsXP SP3 :: 2x320GB HDDs RAID0 :: Zalman CNPS9500 LED :: OCZ Freeze :: SevenTeam ST-550PAG 550W
nicae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2011, 17:21   #8
ryan498
Multimodder

ryan498 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's an okay app, but really I just use TapaTalk :/
ryan498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2011, 13:55   #9
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

New update available today...

Free Version 1.4 & Paid Version 1.3

FIXED:
- Podcast streaming
- Access to marketplace

NEW:
- Download podcast feature
- Forum headings in the Forum Index section

Photos on Flickr.
Old 20th Sep 2011, 07:11   #10
SpAceman
Supermodder

SpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Would it be possible to have more landscape support? It would be nice to be able to browse the news feed and comments in landscape. I know you end up with less content on the screen but it can be annoying switching all the time especially when you have a slide out keypad.

Sent from Bittech Android app
SpAceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 08:16   #11
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
We gonna be seeing it on iOS any time soon?

(sorry if thi has been answered before but I haven't seen it )
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Sep 2011, 18:07   #12
srgtherasta
Supermodder

srgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for president
Strange one here, I can see the market place over wifi but not 3g/edge. Any ideas?
srgtherasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Sep 2011, 18:57   #13
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
The app is so slow in updating to include the latest articles, whenever I open it to have a read the articles are 3 or 4 behind.

Pointless app if you have Tapatalk.
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Oct 2011, 10:18   #14
BLC
Something witty goes here

BLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Where's the search?! Try as I might, I couldn't find any search function built in...
BLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2013, 03:14   #15
ttruscotsman
What's a Dremel?

ttruscotsman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
App has stopped updating! Every other app that needs internet works fine. Will not update over mobile data/ home WiFi or public wifi. Still have plenty data allowance!!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
ttruscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android app