bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 19th Aug 2011, 18:16   #1
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Asus reveals Mars II dual-GeForce GTX 580 card

Asus has revealed its Mars II graphics card, based on two GTX 580s!

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...orce-gtx-580/1
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 18:18   #2
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I hope it's sturdily built because I don't fancy that hanging upside down from a PCI-E slot. Also, is it PCI-E 2 or 3?
Old 19th Aug 2011, 18:33   #3
Gigglebyte
:3

Gigglebyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4nky View Post
I hope it's sturdily built because I don't fancy that hanging upside down from a PCI-E slot. Also, is it PCI-E 2 or 3?
The spec on scan.co.uk says that it is 2.0.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3gb-a...dl-dvi-dp-hdmi
Gigglebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 18:35   #4
Killbz
I havent got a dremel

Killbz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Take it apart! take it apart!
Killbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 18:37   #5
mjm25
Supermodder

mjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
£1200 inc VAT! F*ck!
Old 19th Aug 2011, 18:37   #6
Killbz
I havent got a dremel

Killbz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
They are already up for preorder on my local pc store.. for the princely sum of $1699
Killbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 18:37   #7
xMathiasD
<Title></Title>

xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
bindi! go get the hammer!
Old 19th Aug 2011, 18:41   #8
will_123
Small childs brain in a big body

will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
£1000+ for the card...who pays that..?

Web Hosting - http://www.goforthhosting.com
will_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 18:50   #9
mattbailey
Multimodder

mattbailey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Can it run Crysis?
mattbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 18:55   #10
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
no dout it can lol
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 18:55   #11
Madness_3d
Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Don't see why It'd need special drivers given it's just a 590 with higher clocks. Unless Asus have changed the Name the card presents to the drivers, which would mean surely you could just mod the .ini files to add MARS II in.

& @Bit-Tech guys, Please don't review this like it's a part of nvidia's lineup. It's SLI inside which you hate so I know you'll slate it for that, but this is the 911 GT3 to the GTX 590's 911. It's meant to have stripped out seats and stripped out features, or in this case, draw more power, produce more heat, run noisily, and require some enthusiast knowledge to get the most from. That's the point of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbailey View Post
Can it run Crysis?
I'm sure at sensible resolutions it'll oblitterate it much as SLI 580's does, You can bring every card to it's knees eventually if you keep upping the res, it'll either start to run out of resources or RAM
XFXScorpio911PHENOM II X4 965 @ 4.02Ghz SLI GTX 480 1536MB ASUS CROSSHAIR II FORMULA4GB OCZ REAPER 1066 5-5-4-8 2TCORSAIR HYDRO H50CORSAIR Force 3 120GB WINDOWS 7 HP 64bitMusings On The Technical WorldSteam
Madness_3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 18:59   #12
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness_3d
Don't see why It'd need special drivers given it's just a 590 with higher clocks. Unless Asus have changed the Name the card presents to the drivers, which would mean surely you could just mod the .ini files to add MARS II in.
I think it's in reference to the fact the last Mars sucked balls most of the time, simply because you can't just throw together two cards and expect it to work.
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 19:00   #13
TwiZtah
What's a Dremel?

TwiZtah has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This ain't no news, the Swedish site Sweclockers.com has already reviewed these, in SLI!
TwiZtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 19:18   #14
GiantKiwi
Regular Ordinary Kiwi Web Guy

GiantKiwi has yet to learn the way of the DremelGiantKiwi has yet to learn the way of the DremelGiantKiwi has yet to learn the way of the DremelGiantKiwi has yet to learn the way of the DremelGiantKiwi has yet to learn the way of the DremelGiantKiwi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Any normal user who takes one of these over say a 580 sli setup, deserves a hard slap.
Old 19th Aug 2011, 19:20   #15
M7ck
Ⓜod Ⓜaster

M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKiwi View Post
Any normal user who takes one of these over say a 580 sli setup, deserves a hard slap.
Why?
Old 19th Aug 2011, 19:23   #16
Mraedis
Multimodder

Mraedis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by M7ck View Post
Why?
Driver issues, it's bound to happen, and it's bound to be abandoned after a while whereas older reference cards usually receive minor updates still.
Old 19th Aug 2011, 19:37   #17
Paulg1971
Multimodder

Paulg1971 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiZtah
This ain't no news, the Swedish site Sweclockers.com has already reviewed these, in SLI!
trouble is i can't read swedish so its news to me
Paulg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 20:00   #18
TwiZtah
What's a Dremel?

TwiZtah has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah, my point was, why are they so late with these news when a SWEDISH site already reviewed them?
TwiZtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2011, 20:13   #19
M7ck
Ⓜod Ⓜaster

M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiZtah View Post
Yeah, my point was, why are they so late with these news when a SWEDISH site already reviewed them?
As they are a limited edition cards I guess it is up to Asus as to whom they send review cards.
Old 19th Aug 2011, 20:16   #20
Ayrto
Supermodder

Ayrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for president
So why would someone buy this over (say) Sli'ed 580s- 3GB version ones, that can be watercooled and have guaranteed driver support, unlike this non reference outing?
Ayrto is offline   Reply With Quote