bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 19th Aug 2011, 23:51   #1
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nvidia hints at game streaming technology

Nvidia has hinted to bit-gamer that it is experimenting with game streaming technology.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...g-technology/1

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2011, 00:08   #2
meandmymouth
Mod Master

meandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Very intriguing!
meandmymouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2011, 00:11   #3
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Effectively my own personal cloud, just the way I like it!!
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2011, 00:35   #4
dicobalt
Multimodder

dicobalt has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
OMG this is proper application of the "cloud"!
dicobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2011, 01:04   #5
RichCreedy
Hey What Who

RichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
remotefx might have the answer to that
Old 20th Aug 2011, 09:07   #6
Gigglebyte
:3

Gigglebyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Until the UK and other large consuming countries such as the US bring unlimited data caps in as standard I don't think that these services will take off just yet.
Gigglebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2011, 10:29   #7
Bede
Ultramodder

Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Streaming around your home is not dependent on broadband data caps, just the terrible packet loss of wireless. Wireless n just makes it worse, even though you get higher throughput.
Coolermaster 690 II Advanced (white edition) | i5-2500K | MSI P67-GD53 | MSI GTX580 | 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 1.5V | Gelid Tranquillo | Asus Xonar DS | 700W Coolermaster Silent Pro M | Corsair Force Series 3 60GB | Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Bede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2011, 14:03   #8
Penfolduk01
What's a Dremel?

Penfolduk01 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Experimenting"? Does this mean they've got their hands on a prototype Wii U? :-)
Penfolduk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2011, 20:15   #9
rogerrabbits
Banned

rogerrabbits has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrogerrabbits has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrogerrabbits has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sounds great.
rogerrabbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2011, 07:27   #10
Toploaded
Supermodder

Toploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede
Streaming around your home is not dependent on broadband data caps, just the terrible packet loss of wireless. Wireless n just makes it worse, even though you get higher throughput.
Oh? Would you say it's better to use G rather then N then providing you have good range on both?
Toploaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2011, 10:00   #11
Marvin-HHGTTG
Marvin. I don't care what ^ says...

Marvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
Imagine you're playing Crysis 2 on your PC and you're able to stream it around your home to a tablet device, which you could then plug into your TV if you wanted
Yay?

I'd love to sacrifice my wonderful screen and peripherals to play on a tablet that's lacking proper control interfaces connected to a TV of lower resolution, quality and worse pitch than my monitor.

Especially as most PC games don't allow splitscreen or similar.

The only way I see this as useful is if you're able to run two or more of one game on the main PC and stream one of those to a less powerful device.
Marvin-HHGTTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2011, 13:27   #12
Bede
Ultramodder

Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toploaded View Post
Oh? Would you say it's better to use G rather then N then providing you have good range on both?
The 5GHz range can carry more information, but drops off quite rapidly over distance through objects (because it is a higher frequency) while the 2.4GHz carries less but goes a little further. Either way they are both pretty terrible inside anything larger than a flat.
Coolermaster 690 II Advanced (white edition) | i5-2500K | MSI P67-GD53 | MSI GTX580 | 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 1.5V | Gelid Tranquillo | Asus Xonar DS | 700W Coolermaster Silent Pro M | Corsair Force Series 3 60GB | Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Bede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2011, 19:27   #13
Toploaded
Supermodder

Toploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hm, I'm going through a desk, 2 walls and a floor at a distance of around 8 meters. I really wish it was an option for me to LAN.
Toploaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2011, 20:14   #14
ssj12
Hypermodder

ssj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hopefully its better than OnLive
ssj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 02:36   #15
llamafur
WaterCooled fool

llamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Finally
llamafur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 10:55   #16
djab
What's a Dremel?

djab has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It would be like "StreamMyGame" but for "free".
Interesting
djab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 13:16   #17
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
I think I must be missing the point here somewhere.
Stream a game from your PC to another device, but you have to have your PC on anyway, so why not just use that?
you could wireless kb, mouse but that's just moving clutter from one room to another, use wireless joypad or tablet controls? no thank you.
I can't think of any real advantage to this
you lose all advantages of playing on a PC and gain?
It's not like it could even add to the social aspect like playing on a TV with a console does because PC's just don't really do split screen multiplayer stuff.
seems pointless, but maybe that's just me.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 16:56   #18
Culinia
Minimodder

Culinia has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Pointless.

How is it going to stream? Wireless - no too choppy and too much lag. So therefore you will need some sort of wire.

Why not just get a long conventional DVI cable and connect it from the PC to the TV. As for keyboard and mouse. Now THAT would be more interesting.
Culinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 17:39   #19
OCJunkie
OC your Dremel too

OCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelOCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelOCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelOCJunkie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
'Imagine you're playing Crysis 2 on your PC and you're able to stream it around your home to a tablet device...' said the Nvidia representative.
Right. And why would you ever want to play Crysis on a 7in touchscreen anwyays? I don't see the point.
Gaming: CM 690 II A / XFX Pro850 XXX / GB 990FXA-UD3 / X4 955BE @3.8GHz - Hyper 212+ / 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 / XFX HD 6950 2GB - Twin Turbo Pro / OCZ Agility 3 60GB / WD Black 640GB & Green 1TB / 3x Acer 23in @5760x1080 Eyefinity
Media: Ultra Aluminus / Corsair TX750 / GB MA790X-UD4 / X2 7750BE @3GHz - Freezer64 Pro / 4GB OCZ Reaper HPC 1066 / HD 4670 1GB / WD Blue 320GB + Green 1TB & 1.5TB / Samsung 40in HDTV / Samsung HW-C560S / Harmony 300
OCJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2011, 03:52   #20
ssj12
Hypermodder

ssj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culinia
Pointless.

How is it going to stream? Wireless - no too choppy and too much lag. So therefore you will need some sort of wire.

Why not just get a long conventional DVI cable and connect it from the PC to the TV. As for keyboard and mouse. Now THAT would be more interesting.
disagree, wireless-N or better should be able to offer little to no lag.
ssj12 is offline   Reply With Quote