bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 22nd Aug 2011, 09:49   #1
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Gainward GeForce GTX 560 Ti Golden Sample Review

Can a smaller PCB and a custom cooler make this GTX 560 Ti 1GB the one to buy?

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...den-sample-r/1
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 10:29   #2
murraynt
I Mod, Therefore I Own

murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Getting a bit close to 570 GTX money.
I5 2500K @ 4.8ghz l MSI GD53l 8GB corsair 1600mhz l Asus 5870 v2 NZXT Phantom Red l Zalman X10 Quiet l 60GB Crucial M4l F3 1TB Spinner l X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty l 700Watt Thermaltake l Samsung IPS231 l
Steam: murraynt
murraynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 11:00   #3
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Argh, I can't tell you how disappointed I was to see that review... I'm still full of nostalgia and expectation for the days when "Gainward" and "Golden Sample" were the dog's danglies of graphics cards.

Looks like I'll have to go for a Twin Frozr instead.
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 11:35   #4
Autti
Multimodder

Autti has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Strange, my online retailer of choice in Australia has it at $250 AUD and the twin frozr at $270, don't know why it's so expensive for you poms.

I might actually consider this for my Mini-ITX build now as its a full 4cm shorter than MSI's.
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 12:33   #5
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What's goin' on with all the drivers?

o.O
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 13:15   #6
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Wouldn't this essentially be like the Phantom GTX 560 Ti sans the fancy cooler?

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 14:28   #7
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm looking for an upgrade from my GTX280, but I want some real difference in FPS. I'm thinking of CF 6850s or something similar (maybe SLI 560s for example), but I'm wondering if there is even any point atm. Before the end of the year we should have something from ATI, which should mean lower prices across the board. I don't think there is much point buying a VGA for the next few months.
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 14:32   #8
Kurze
Minimodder

Kurze has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Far too close to 570 prices. Shell out a tad more and purchase a 570 Twin Frozr III, much more bang for your buck in there.
Kurze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 14:33   #9
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post

Looks like I'll have to go for a Twin Frozr instead.
That would be a good choice, I'm very impressed with mine.

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 15:07   #10
fingerbob69
Hypermodder

fingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I know it's all a bit quiet on the graphics front at the mo ...but another 560 review???

What chance of putting a 6870 x2 through it's paces? You know, something different and 'new' in the graphics market?

And while I'm sure most 6990 owners wouldn't dream of gaming at 1680 x 1050, what chance of retesting it in BC2 to see if that micro stuttering is still an issue after what must be three or four driver updates?

Cordless Mouseman optical ...deceased
XFX 4890 + Artic Twin Turbo Pro ...retired 26.10.2014
fingerbob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 17:09   #11
MSHunter
Mod Master

MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.
Where is the Gigabyte SOC 560 Ti? same Mhz 900
Amp: DENON PMA510AE, Speakers: TANNOY MERCURY F1
MSHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 19:46   #12
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerbob69 View Post
I know it's all a bit quiet on the graphics front at the mo ...but another 560 review???

What chance of putting a 6870 x2 through it's paces? You know, something different and 'new' in the graphics market?

And while I'm sure most 6990 owners wouldn't dream of gaming at 1680 x 1050, what chance of retesting it in BC2 to see if that micro stuttering is still an issue after what must be three or four driver updates?
You may find this article of interest.

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 08:23   #13
Toploaded
Supermodder

Toploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySmacked
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerbob69 View Post

You may find this article of interest.
Thanks for that, I was considering getting a 2nd card for crossfire, now I'll just put that money towards my next card instead (or an SDD...)
Toploaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 07:39   #14
ICISAZEL
Modder

ICISAZEL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
anyone tried an msi gtx 560TI HAWK
SILVERSTONE TJ08-E (BLACK) :: ASUS MAXIMUS GENE V :: Intel Core i5 2500K :: @ 3.3Ghz :: Gelid Tranquillo rev.2 Cooler :: 16 GB CORSAIR DDR3 1333 1.5-9-9-9-24-1T :: Antec True Power New 650 :: ASUS GTX 560TI Direct CUII 1 GB @830 :: CREATIVE XFI Titanium Sound :: Win 7 Ultimate 64 -BIT :: Samsung 830 SSD 128 GB Primary :: Samsung Spinpoint F3 0.5 TB Secondary :: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB Tertiary :: Samsung SyncMaster 223BW @ 1680 * 1050
ICISAZEL is offline   Reply With Quote