bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 26th Aug 2011, 15:50   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
UK Government in talks with social networks

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...ial-networks/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 17:18   #2
AstralWanderer
Banned

AstralWanderer has yet to learn the way of the DremelAstralWanderer has yet to learn the way of the DremelAstralWanderer has yet to learn the way of the DremelAstralWanderer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dumb move - government and the police should be encouraging the use of social networks for planning anything amiss. Far easier to trace and catch people afterwards...
AstralWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 17:39   #3
Bede
Ultramodder

Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Christ they're a bunch of vajazzles. It hasn't been all that long in historical terms that we have had a free press, now because they're scared and know that they can't fix the problem they want to sound all big and bad?
Coolermaster 690 II Advanced (white edition) | i5-2500K | MSI P67-GD53 | MSI GTX580 | 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 1.5V | Gelid Tranquillo | Asus Xonar DS | 700W Coolermaster Silent Pro M | Corsair Force Series 3 60GB | Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Bede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 17:54   #4
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
So.. what, we gonna have them monitoring our messages now for 'key' words? Joy.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 18:45   #5
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzban
So.. what, we gonna have them monitoring our messages now for 'key' words? Joy.
They've been doing that for a long time

It does seem wrong though that only months ago the government was praising the use of social networks helping in coordination of several of the Arab uprisings and now they have a problem with them for the same reason they praised them, allowing coordination between normal people.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 19:38   #6
Roskoken
Multimodder

Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Not too worry, only gayfags use social network sites anyway.
Roskoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 20:19   #7
nukeman8
Hypermodder

nukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskoken
Not too worry, only gayfags use social network sites anyway.
bugger me i just found out that im gay...
nukeman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 20:43   #8
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeman8 View Post
Hmm me too and about 5 billion other people... That's alot of adoptions :P
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 21:48   #9
Roskoken
Multimodder

Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
All those gays are gonna make for one hell of a parade, the government isnt going to like that

And congratulations on your coming out Nukeman8 and fdbh96!

Maybe you guys could hook up?

LOL
Roskoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 22:13   #10
AstralWanderer
Banned

AstralWanderer has yet to learn the way of the DremelAstralWanderer has yet to learn the way of the DremelAstralWanderer has yet to learn the way of the DremelAstralWanderer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeman8 View Post
Post your address and we'll happily oblige...
Old 27th Aug 2011, 01:03   #11
Gigglebyte
:3

Gigglebyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
>'We are not going to become like Iran or China,' Nick Clegg told the BBC .'We are not going to suddenly start cutting people off'

I personally don't trust what comes out of Clegg's mouth (let alone many other MPs) especially after the turn-arounds from his pre-election manifesto after he got into bed with the blues.
Gigglebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2011, 02:21   #12
Er-El
Supermodder

Er-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What was the definition of fascism according to Mussolini, again?
Nick Clegg is a phoney liberal.

Last edited by Er-El; 27th Aug 2011 at 03:26.
Er-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2011, 08:05   #13
AstralWanderer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigglebyte View Post
...I personally don't trust what comes out of Clegg's mouth (let alone many other MPs) especially after the turn-arounds from his pre-election manifesto after he got into bed with the blues.
You do realise that the Tories had to make as many "turn-arounds" as the result of the coalition deal don't you? (AV referendum, increase in tax threshold, 50% top rate tax, etc).

This talk of manifesto "broken promises" is frankly bizarre - manifestos come with one big proviso: "If we get elected" and the LibDems weren't. Coalition means compromise and anyone who doesn't like that should blame the British public for not voting more for $FAVOURITE_PARTY - and oppose electoral changes that make coalitions more likely.

One might as well blame the Communist Party for breaking their manifesto - Trident hasn't been scrapped and Britain hasn't withdrawn from Afghanistan...

(apologies for thread sidetrack)
Old 27th Aug 2011, 10:17   #14
DrugCrazed
What's a Dremel?

DrugCrazed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Astral: Because breaking pre-election pledges isn't wrong either.

Hmmm, I'm big brother is watching you, the truth is out there etc
DrugCrazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2011, 10:47   #15
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I guess it's time to popularize decentralized, heavily encrypted P2P chat via networks such as WASTE.
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2011, 14:20   #16
rayson
turningthatintosomethingb ettercmod

rayson has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralWanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigglebyte View Post
...I personally don't trust what comes out of Clegg's mouth (let alone many other MPs) especially after the turn-arounds from his pre-election manifesto after he got into bed with the blues.
You do realise that the Tories had to make as many "turn-arounds" as the result of the coalition deal don't you? (AV referendum, increase in tax threshold, 50% top rate tax, etc).

This talk of manifesto "broken promises" is frankly bizarre - manifestos come with one big proviso: "If we get elected" and the LibDems weren't. Coalition means compromise and anyone who doesn't like that should blame the British public for not voting more for $FAVOURITE_PARTY - and oppose electoral changes that make coalitions more likely.

One might as well blame the Communist Party for breaking their manifesto - Trident hasn't been scrapped and Britain hasn't withdrawn from Afghanistan...

(apologies for thread sidetrack)
i seriously have a feeling we might just have another coalition. i know thats bad but current condition suggest that it either labour, or another coalition
rayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2011, 17:52   #17
tcool93
-----

tcool93 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why is it anymore that the UK seems to have this idea that their laws apply to the rest of the world? Even if the company is in another country.
tcool93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2011, 19:36   #18
Denis_iii
Ultramodder

Denis_iii has yet to learn the way of the DremelDenis_iii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As always, trying to look like they are doing something by tackling the symptons and not the causes. Lets hope nothing comes of this stupidity.
Denis_iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2011, 19:52   #19
zatanna
Multimodder

zatanna has yet to learn the way of the Dremelzatanna has yet to learn the way of the Dremelzatanna has yet to learn the way of the Dremelzatanna has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
couldn't agree more @Denis_iii.

remember that by their very natures governments and law enforcement are about control. many times this profits the greater good, often it does not. when it comes to what is considered "criminal" behavior, actions taken by the aforementioned will be for our own good, protection, etc. they are mostly reactive and do nothing to address the underlying causes because they have no intention and/or ability to rectify the underlying causes.
zatanna is offline   Reply With Quote