bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 26th Aug 2011, 18:56   #1
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Razer announces 17in Blade gaming laptop

Razer has announced the Blade gaming laptop, with a 17in screen and touchscreen instead of a trackpad. Itís less than 1in thick too.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...aming-laptop/1

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 19:06   #2
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
" touchscreen-cum-trackpad " lol wut

Really nice looking laptop. Location of that trackpad is a really great idea IMO.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 19:10   #3
mjm25
Supermodder

mjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
fair play to Razer, that's pretty sexy. A lot of their stufff is a bit hit and miss, i love my deathadder but they still haven't made a keyboard i really want, this looks awesome. (still want more graphics grunt though! but it's always the way)
Old 26th Aug 2011, 19:12   #4
bowman
Supermodder

bowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
An excellent idea. The problem with these is that they are complete bricks, this one evades that nicely.

It is of course too rich for my blood. Let's all hope Razer keeps at it and introduces 13 and 15 inch models down the line. That would rule.
bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 19:13   #5
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflesomd
It's Latin for "with"
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 19:16   #6
Toploaded
Supermodder

Toploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A 15in version of this would be perfect for my upcoming purchase!
Toploaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 19:17   #7
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflesomd
It's Latin for "with"
Thanks. I've honestly never seen that before.

On regards to the laptop, way to expensive for that hardware. You can get much better for much less and it's features don't justify the price at all for me. You could get two laptops with better hardware for that price. Alternatively three desktops.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 19:39   #8
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
36-24-36
I loll'd!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 19:40   #9
Jehla
Supermodder

Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
That has to be the best looking laptop outside of ones with a glowing apple on them. On a related note, what ever became of that atom powered gaming thing they were making?
Jehla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 19:41   #10
Centy-face
Caw?

Centy-face has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks interesting but I don't see it catching on with that ridiculous pricetag.
Centy-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 19:42   #11
Kenny_McCormick
Supermodder

Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I've just got an e-mail from Razer with the website link. Looks nice but... gaming isn't for laptops
Old 26th Aug 2011, 19:43   #12
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It's a nice looking bit of kit that's for sure.

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 19:47   #13
billysielu
Multimodder

billysielu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Impressive - but if it's not portable enough to carry without a laptop case... who cares if it's thin?
billysielu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 20:13   #14
GRE66
What's a Dremel?

GRE66 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bet it doesnt sell as fast as the HP touchpads did !!!!
At last this is a truely portable gaming PC. One in the face of the console boys.The PS or XBox will never be this sexy! Should make lans of the future a lot easier, roomy and cheaper, no big halls or venues to hire. All we need now is for the price to come down and programmers to develop non ported, decent games again.
GRE66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 20:15   #15
soviet_
Bantros

soviet_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsoviet_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not only is it ugly as sin, it's also a laptop. Glowing green? No thanks.

"Gaming" and "laptop" do not go together, certainly not yet anyway and especially with a price like that

i5 2500K @ 4GHz / ASUS P8-P67 PRO / 8GB Corsair DDR3 / PowerColor HD 6970
Crucial 128GB SSD / Samsung F3 1TB / Corsair HX 850 / Antec P182 / Dell 2408WFP
soviet_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 20:15   #16
megadriveguy
Hypermodder

megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.

2 grand

Last edited by megadriveguy; 27th Aug 2011 at 10:37.
megadriveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 20:27   #17
GRE66
What's a Dremel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soviet_ View Post
Not only is it ugly as sin, it's also a laptop. Glowing green? No thanks.

"Gaming" and "laptop" do not go together, certainly not yet anyway and especially with a price like that
Right , so if you got one for free you wouldn't use it. There is always one.
This is more than just a gaming laptop. This is innovation at it's best and possibly one of thoes moments where such an item or idea forges the way for a new form factor just like smart phones at the moment. Just look at the crap we all used just a year or so ago to call eachother and then look at what we have now ( IPhone and Android's). If others follow suit like Alien or Asus we could be seeing the start of a new era for the PC as we know it. Probably won't replace the desktop but certainly laptops and I bet it won't be more than a couple of months befor we see that keyboard and screen combo on sale seperately.
Old 26th Aug 2011, 20:28   #18
hirezo
steam&BF3: killahlatch

hirezo has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhirezo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i have a 17" macbook pro and its a paaaaain to find anything nice to carry it in. so far I've seen one laptop bag that would fit it and it weren't great looking.

this will have same problem...hence you're better off buying a gaming desktop, unless space is your issue
Intel core i5 2500k @ 3.3ghz, 8gb corsair vengeance, msi P67A-GD53 (B3), corsair H70, nVidia Gainward Phantom gtx 570 1.2gb, BeQuiet 850w, wd blue 250gb, wd black 500gb, Samsung 64gb ssd, Corsair 650D
Improvement time again!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hirezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 20:43   #19
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is nice but... entirely not worth it.

First things first: The touchpascreen looks to be edgeless, meaning get ready to slide right off of it. Beyond that, look where it is. Sure, this may be intended for gamers first, but this is now a computer that REQUIRES you to use two hands every time, all the time. No more moving with WASD and lazily turning with the touch pad while you get a sip of a drink

Secondly: The price. Yes, I'm aware that Razer is a boutique manufacturer but hoooly ****. That kind of hardware can be stuffed into a wide range of other units, with better (or multiple) video cards for the price, complete with solid state drives, and years of warranty from a manufacturer who has experience in this field.

Third: Though the touchpascreen is pretty awesome, it sits somewhat in the vein of the screens of Logitech Keyboards - Why the hell are you looking at a different screen in the middle of a game? Sure, it's useful if you enjoy RTS or MMO titles, but fans of shooters are going to have to spend a lot of time dead to appreciate this one.

Four: A 60Wh battery? I know that 17" laptops are hardly portable, but what the hell.

That said, I love the idea of this, but this thing is more expensive than a comparable Mac for christ's sake.
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2011, 20:53   #20
GRE66
What's a Dremel?

I would use the screen during a game if it is able to display Teamspeak,Xfire and the like.