bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 31st Aug 2011, 15:17   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Sony details Star Wars Galaxies closure

Star Wars MMO will go out with a bang, via an epic battle in the final weeks.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...xies-closure/1
Old 31st Aug 2011, 15:21   #2
Glix
Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Glix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
They should just open the servers up for free since they are closing them anyway, who would want to pay more money for something that is going to close? :S
Glix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2011, 16:14   #3
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
I think there should be an invasion of space bats, and everyone gets eaten.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2011, 16:21   #4
chemo
True Jungle Brother

chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
seems quite stupid to me why anyone would want to earn points towards something that will be gone permanently in the near future!
chemo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2011, 16:39   #5
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemo
seems quite stupid to me why anyone would want to earn points towards something that will be gone permanently in the near future!
So your team can be winners at the end? How many faction based MMOs out there do you get the chance to win the game for your faction once and for all?
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2011, 17:35   #6
Plugs
Supermodder

Plugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for president
Oh... so you can win an MMO
it just takes 8 years (and thus over 850!!!) to do it...

and if you lose there is no way to start over
Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2011, 19:30   #7
Quavr
Multimodder

Quavr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Shame everyone I played with have already left, think I will pass on this.

Battlefield 3: RemittentMonkey
Quavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2011, 20:40   #8
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run Crysis
Awww, it's gonna be sad to see it go. It was - in original form - the best MMO I've ever played. *nostalgic sigh*

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2011, 20:55   #9
tripwired
Deploying Surprise in 3... 2...1...

tripwired has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltripwired has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltripwired has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltripwired has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltripwired has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Was SWG any good? Not a huge MMO fan, more of an FPS guy - but would love to play a decent (modern) Star Wars game.

Shadows Of The Empire on the N64 was one of the last Star Wars games I really enjoyed. Going a tad further back in time, Star Wars Supremacy on PC, and an Atari ST game (exact title escapes me) were pretty awesome.

CASE
Antec 300
OS Windows 8 Pro MB Gigabyte P55-USL3 CPU Intel i5-750 (2.66GHz) RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz HDD OCZ Octane 256GB, Samsung 2TB x4

Last edited by tripwired; 31st Aug 2011 at 21:03.
tripwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2011, 21:55   #10
rogerrabbits
Banned

rogerrabbits has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrogerrabbits has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrogerrabbits has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm sure a few half arsed SOE patches is little consolation for the entire game and all their characters being gone forever.

Last edited by rogerrabbits; 1st Sep 2011 at 03:18.
rogerrabbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2011, 23:10   #11
dave0ne
What's a Dremel?

dave0ne has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
@Tripwired : SWG in its original form was the best MMO implementation there has ever been.
You can still play the SWG EMU - not %100 but it does have some of the better features such as a community.
The SWG CU and NGE that followed where SOE - LA's attempt at eating away at wows players........

I for one am not wasting my time or money going there again.
dave0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2011, 21:22   #12
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I never liked it but plenty of folks did, I think it was one of the classic 'Here is the game universe, kbai' style of games like Ultimate Online. I can see why they are closing it though, SWTOR is going to consume the last of the player base pretty much completely.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2011, 21:31   #13
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Not down to Sony though. I'm sure they would keep it up and running if they could. I suppose Lucas Arts don't want competition from this Star Wars game when SW:TOR ships. Seems kind of stupid to me though, as one game is a sandbox and the other is a theme park. Both COULD coexist quite happily. I don't know why they decided not to renew the licence.

Hope those folks still playing enjoy the last few months.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote