bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Sep 2011, 13:11   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Sony reports growth in PSN users

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...in-psn-users/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2011, 13:38   #2
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
In real life terms how secure is it now? Because anything is better than what they had previously,
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2011, 14:02   #3
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
surely it's not so much popularity but more a lack of choice?
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2011, 14:35   #4
Uxon
Supermodder

Uxon can run CrysisUxon can run CrysisUxon can run CrysisUxon can run CrysisUxon can run CrysisUxon can run CrysisUxon can run CrysisUxon can run CrysisUxon can run CrysisUxon can run CrysisUxon can run Crysis
Wondering how they've managed to get more users when their registration site seems to be constantly down: https://store.playstation.com/accoun...ionFlow.action
Uxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2011, 14:43   #5
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodspoon View Post
Exactly. I'd say it's probably close to a 1:1 relationship to the number of Sony consoles sold...
Old 3rd Sep 2011, 02:41   #6
echoesinthedark
What's a Dremel?

echoesinthedark has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I actually wonder how many people are using credit cards to purchase items off PSN
echoesinthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2011, 21:21   #7
Jampotp
dem spacers are well phat init blud

Jampotp has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"cyberr" hurr derrpppp.

I agree with wodeln
Jampotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2011, 22:05   #8
Stewb
Hypermodder

Stewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm almost entirely sure the metric they are using is total registered users. Oh look! It's constantly increasing! It must be more popular!
Stewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2011, 22:41   #9
vodkas666
Modder

vodkas666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Could it be due to the fact people have had a PSN account for several years now on a old e-mail address they have deleted and forgot about. Thus the forgot password process is impossible for those in the UK to the point only a new account will do. God I have tried tried the phone lines and e-mails but I am not who I say I am to them
vodkas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2011, 13:31   #10
lacuna
Supermodder

lacuna has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodspoon View Post
Exactly. I'd say it's probably close to a 1:1 relationship to the number of Sony consoles sold...
You can buy a PS3 and use it quite satisfactorily without having a PSN account so if people were worried they just wouldn't bother
lacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Sep 2011, 10:48   #11
BoogieMan
Cunny Funt

BoogieMan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Probably a load of people signing up so when the psn goes down again for a month they get some free stuff..
BoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2011, 14:57   #12
stouffer
What's a Dremel?

stouffer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good to see the hacking scandal doesn't seem to have had a lasting effect

Hopefully their security's a little tighter to stop stuff like that happening again so soon
stouffer is offline   Reply With Quote