bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 5th Sep 2011, 10:49   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC revealed

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...dlc-revealed/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2011, 11:13   #2
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Want!

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2011, 11:21   #3
blackcell1
What's a Dremel?

blackcell1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
release it already...
blackcell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2011, 11:49   #4
tad2008
Supermodder

tad2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
There are already a couple of "boss" fights where Adams augs count for nothing, do we really need another version with a twist? The game had plenty of potential twists which all simply boiled down to conspiracies upon conspiracies that lost the depth the developers had been building. Aside from the way you play the game and a couple of choices throughout the story is very much linear.

I don't think this DLC will add much if anything at all to the game aside from another hour or two of gameplay.
tad2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2011, 11:54   #5
MjFrosty
Hypermodder

MjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I hate DLC...but I loved Human Revolution.

You leave me no choice, damn you!
Old 5th Sep 2011, 11:56   #6
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
im slightly confused how this will fit into the original game.....

before game starts, Jenson had no augmentation. the whole game is a continues arc. at end of the game, player chooses the ending.

but more missions is always a good thing also, there's debug tool out that you can use to adjust the game to your liking http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...xhr-debug-mod/
Old 5th Sep 2011, 13:41   #7
Steelez
Supermodder

Steelez has yet to learn the way of the DremelSteelez has yet to learn the way of the DremelSteelez has yet to learn the way of the DremelSteelez has yet to learn the way of the DremelSteelez has yet to learn the way of the DremelSteelez has yet to learn the way of the DremelSteelez has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sounds like it could be the missing time from when you stow-away on the boat in Hengsha
Sony Xperia Z.
Steelez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2011, 13:43   #8
Dwarfer
Banned

Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
DLC at one time came free with the game now, its classed as extra and a fee tag is applied
Dwarfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2011, 16:11   #9
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Off topic: This is the first BT video in ages which works correctly in Chrome for OSX. But the quality...

Is it 1080p? Nope
720p? Nope
480p - surely everything does 480p - Nope

So what res is it?.... About 400 x 170px.

That's one thirtieth the resolution of full HD

One fifteenth the resolution of 720p

One fifth the resolution of DVD.

So we're talking sub VHS-LP here!

I tried watching it in full screen but the big-arsed pixels kept jumping out and me and slapping me in the face.

Ouch I hate those mean pixel bullies.
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2011, 16:32   #10
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
Off topic: This is the first BT video in ages which works correctly in Chrome for OSX. But the quality...

Is it 1080p? Nope
720p? Nope
480p - surely everything does 480p - Nope

So what res is it?.... About 400 x 170px.

That's one thirtieth the resolution of full HD

One fifteenth the resolution of 720p

One fifth the resolution of DVD.

So we're talking sub VHS-LP here!

I tried watching it in full screen but the big-arsed pixels kept jumping out and me and slapping me in the face.

Ouch I hate those mean pixel bullies.
So to sum it up the vids look like ****. And I agree, they do. Which is precisely why I never watch the vids linked. It's like having chilli powder rubbed in your eye.

Quote:
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Old 5th Sep 2011, 17:17   #11
Bloodburgers
Multimodder

Bloodburgers has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzban
So to sum it up the vids look like ****. And I agree, they do. Which is precisely why I never watch the vids linked. It's like having chilli powder rubbed in your eye.
Yeah and being in enough pain to believe your "mate" that washing it out with lemon juice is a smart idea.
Old 5th Sep 2011, 17:52   #12
Jehla
Supermodder

Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
will see Adam Jensen stripped of his augmentations and held captive aboard a freighter.
Does this include his arms? Cause the game is going to be pretty tricky if you have to nuzzle everything to death.

It's kinda annoying that there is already information on DLC when a bug stopped me completing a side quest...
Jehla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2011, 18:04   #13
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehla View Post
Does this include his arms? Cause the game is going to be pretty tricky if you have to nuzzle everything to death.

It's kinda annoying that there is already information on DLC when a bug stopped me completing a side quest...
Which quest was that? I had one bug where a quest in the sewers wouldn't show up. I was told to read the pocket secretary to update the quest, which I did, but the game didn't recognise that and no way point was uploaded. After going though a couple different sewer levels and manholes in the second city hub I finally stumbled across the quest of my own accord.

Quote:
Old 5th Sep 2011, 18:16   #14
Jehla
Supermodder

Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzban
Which quest was that? I had one bug where a quest in the sewers wouldn't show up. I was told to read the pocket secretary to update the quest, which I did, but the game didn't recognise that and no way point was uploaded. After going though a couple different sewer levels and manholes in the second city hub I finally stumbled across the quest of my own accord.
The one where you have to investigate the daughters death. I tell the mother all the stuff I found out, and then get stuck with no dialogue options. Apparently it's caused by hacking a terminal before the story expects you to.
Jehla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2011, 18:33   #15
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehla View Post
The one where you have to investigate the daughters death. I tell the mother all the stuff I found out, and then get stuck with no dialogue options. Apparently it's caused by hacking a terminal before the story expects you to.
Oh. I didn't go back to the mother until I'd finished up at the police station (after blagging my way in).

Quote:
Old 6th Sep 2011, 11:17   #16
tad2008
Supermodder

tad2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehla
Quote:
will see Adam Jensen stripped of his augmentations and held captive aboard a freighter.
+1

Don't forget his legs! He's going to have to crawl around on his belly like a worm.

The things is tho, the DLC will be inconsistent with the game since he climbs in a capsule and later climbs out once it has clearly been unloaded from the ship and the container. So I just don't get the point of trying to inject further content in to the game whose premise is clearly flawed.
tad2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2011, 20:41   #17
elmondinio
Minimodder

elmondinio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The choices that this game provides are incredible, cant wait to play it
elmondinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Oct 2011, 15:53   #18
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Just found out about this, are you freaking kidding me? I just bought this damn game. Why wasn't this stuff in it? If a game dev release a game and then instantly carry on working on new missions for it, that's not releasing a game and an addon pack, that's releasing an incomplete game and then charging me to buy the last 10% of it.

God damn these guys make piracy tempting.
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2011, 18:28   #19
acsnet83
woopa

acsnet83 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Old 24th Oct 2011, 19:25   #20
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by specofdust View Post
Just found out about this, are you freaking kidding me? I just bought this damn game. Why wasn't this stuff in it? If a game dev release a game and then instantly carry on working on new missions for it, that's not releasing a game and an addon pack, that's releasing an incomplete game and then charging me to buy the last 10% of it.
Pretty much this.

I played through DXHR once after release, and then started a second run but found myself losing interest.
Once the initial joy of playing a game of its type wore off, I came to realise that it's a largely forgettable game. It has its moments, but it's just not that special.

Not a bad game, and I definitely enjoyed it but it was too short, had some game-breaking design flaws and just didn't make a huge impact on me in the long-term.
I'd go as far as to say it's around the same level as Invisible War for me overall - Better in some ways, worse in others.

Because of that, the DLC really doesn't tempt me. If it were free DLC I'd be tempted (not excited) to play it. At 10 I couldn't really be bothered.